Original Saku

Pokemon X & Y (Discussion & Coordination Thread)

So yeah my little brother went out and bought a 3DS and pokemon Y yesterday after drooling over my copy of X... lol Hes totally hooked right now, but so am I so yeah xD

If anybody wants Froakie's I'm currently breeding some, and I'm working on getting a female eevee right now so I can start breeding eevee's so if you want one of those too hit me up. my friend code is a page back but I'll quote for the hell of it.

my friend code is ... Saku : 3480-2539-1372

I'm looking for a fennekin so if anybody has been breeding them then I would be grateful if you'd trade me one, also I wouldn't mind having a ditto if anybody has extras... speaking of ditto does anyone have a Japanese ditto by chance? I would give an arm and leg for one of those xD

One last thing can somebody explain what the hell all this talk of EV and IV is about, I mean I've played all the pokemon games but I was never in to them hardcore or anything... I always just played them for fun and just tried to enjoy them for the most part. thank you :D

^ EVs and IVs are mostly things for competitive playing. IVs are like genes predetermined by the game and each Pokémon gets a different combination ranging from 0 to 31. For example, when a Pokémon has 0 IVs in Attack, this stat is diminished by 31 points. These can't be controlled like EVs, but they can be passed from parents to eggs by breeding using some items. It's a pretty long and hard process to try to get the stats you like with full 31 IVs, but I'm so used to it and BW2 has made it so much easier (well, slightly easier to be honest lol) that I actually think sometimes it's fun. And it's kind of rewarding having your Pokémon with the best stats it could have.

EVs, on the other hand, are a much easier thing to control. They're like a boost you can give to certain stats of a Pokémon. You can give 512 EV points to a Pokémon total and you can divide them as you'd like, with each stat having the chance to add up 252 EV points total (which means a boost of 63 points in that same stat). Up until BW2, EVs were controlled by giving vitamins (protein, iron, etc), battling random Pokémon and doing some calculating. I'm not so sure now how it works in XY, but it doesn't take too long as most people tend to say. 

This is a pretty basic explanation, but you can always read about it on Serebii or Smogon. That's where I learnt all of this (and I didn't even get into this part of the game until like close to BW2's release date).

Can someone help me evolve my swirlix!? I need to trade it in order for it to become a glorious slurpuff. I am desperate!!

Also, I liked to do the same with my phantump.

FC: 3110-4678-8650

Thanks!

Edit: Someone already helped me out *~*

Can someone help me evolve my swirlix!? I need to trade it in order for it to become a glorious slurpuff. I am desperate!!

Also, I liked to do the same with my phantump.

FC: 3110-4678-8650

Thanks!

Edit: Someone already helped me out *~*

nice!

I'll add you anyways, I'm trying to get a good base of people on my friends list so once I'm done with the main game I'll have plenty of friends to trade/battle with :) my friend code is a few posts up btw

yeah that's pretty crazy, glad it didn't happen to me :) but at least we know now. I'm sure Nintendo / Gamefreak will release an update in the eshop, they've done it before with other games so it's probable that they will with this one. Hopefully when they do they'll also fix the frame dropping issue people have been seeing during battles too.

Finally got my copyyyyyyyyyy. Started with Froakie and already got an Adamant Fletchling in my first try. :3

I'm playing X in case anyone needs anything from it (except, of course, the mega stones lol). I'm still in Lumiose, so it might be a while until I get something truly interesting.

I just got X yesterday too :D . I started with Froakie and just beat the 1st gym and am heading to Lumoise once I finish training more.

Like Zess, I also caught a Pikachu with a light ball. Are those rare? It was my first try. I also found a Riolu which was surprisingly difficult to catch.

I hope so! I like a few of the shinies and would like to get some more.

My very (kinda) small collection of "fuck you 20 times zess" shinies:

Herdier, Ralts, Medicham, Gulpin, Goldeen (lost), Abra (lost), Pidgey (lost), Zigzagoon (lost), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina

I only ever caught three shiny Pokémon. They were all Unowns. Nobody on the school grounds wanted to trade for them. While others got cool shiny Pokémon like Wooper and Pidgey. Always wondered if there was some special trick to getting the shiny Pokémon but people always said "no, there isn't."

Starting to believe it's a conspiracy.

Exp. Share is crazy. I just beat the 4th gym and all my 6 main pokémon are 40+. There's barely need for Lucky Egg anymore. lol (Well, only post-game, of course.)

Tried to see if I could get a Sylveon by working on Poké-Amie and I did! Luckily my Eevee was Modest as well to make things better. :) Will breed for a better one later in the game.

Also the "Head It" game is addictive as hell. /end of rant

I've already beaten the game, now I'm just focusing on completing the Pokedex. I have both X & Y, can we post out friend codes on here?

EDIT: I guess I can: 3539-9645-0485

So since this thread has grown quite a bit and people have already started posting friend codes everywhere, and also i expect this thread to eventually for the most part to be used as an coordination thread for battles and trades and the such. What do people think about converging all posted friend codes in a single post at the beginning of the thread for easy access so when this thread ends up getting past 10+ pages it won't be such a hassle to scour the thread for a specific code? I think this would make it much easier for people on MH to share their codes since all they would have to do is tell whoever they're trying to friend to check out the the opening post instead of having to continuously repost their code.

Let me know what you guys think. Of course I would be the one handling all of this.

Edit: I will wait about a day before I start converging the codes into the opening post, so if anyone wants to add anything to this (opinions, suggestions, objections, etc.) this is your chance to do so.

Sounds good. Since adding people seems like an even more important part of the game now with Friend Safari and everything, I see no problem with it.

By the way, I already added everyone who posted their FC here. I'm going by Rast.

Anyone else has tried this yet? I tried it last night to see if it really worked and ended up getting three shiny Pokémon in slightly over an hour (two Relicanth and one Corsola). I got really lucky getting them so fast (less than 30 tries overall I think), although getting two Relicanths isn't all that exciting. lol

Okay finished the list, check it out in the first post ^_^

If anyone adds their code to the thread, I will edit the post and add their username and code to the list :)