nitta

黒夢(Kuroyume) new album "黒と影(Kuro to Kage)" release

I do not think this new album will have a punk style, some songs may remember this phase was the case I Hate Your Popstar Life but I think most of the album will be something heavier and more guitar solos , following the example of Kingdom and Guernika. One thing that made me excited was the cover remind me a bit the art of Mayoeru Yuritachi.  I confess not to have been so excited with the latest singles from Kuroyume , but I got hooked on music I Hate Your Popstar Life ,it somewhat resembles the old sads and Kiyoharu 's voice in this song sounds very good "you are a doll, pretty slave" YEAH!!! :)

And the b-side calling is in my opinion the best song the band has released since the return can judge me but it was the only song I listened and thought "yeah, this is the real Kuroyume and not a Kiyoharu solo career"  if the rest of the album follows this line, this will be a great album. The problem of the band is its own curriculum , who expects a new feminism or something will be disappointed , Kuroyume of the 90s was a unique and original band , not only the music but the style and creativity of them was something only happens once.

The album Headache and Dub Reel Inch was pretty weak as a whole, but still had good songs like love me do and heavenly, and I enjoyed all the video clips released, the problem was the small amount of shows and setlist taken always be based on punk phase, but with this new album seems that the band will engage once. Overall I give a note to the current 7.5 Kuroyume, but this note may rise further with this new album and setlist that Kuroyume will use this time. I just hope the band before definitively concluding activities invite Shin for last live, I would die happy after seeing these three are gathered together again playing for dear :')

Please like my page about the band :)

www.facebook.com/kuroyumeblackdream

I do not think this new album will have a punk style, some songs may remember this phase was the case I Hate Your Popstar Life but I think most of the album will be something heavier and more guitar solos , following the example of Kingdom and Guernika. One thing that made me excited was the cover remind me a bit the art of Mayoeru Yuritachi.  I confess not to have been so excited with the latest singles from Kuroyume , but I got hooked on music I Hate Your Popstar Life ,it somewhat resembles the old sads and Kiyoharu 's voice in this song sounds very good "you are a doll, pretty slave" YEAH!!! :)

And the b-side calling is in my opinion the best song the band has released since the return can judge me but it was the only song I listened and thought "yeah, this is the real Kuroyume and not a Kiyoharu solo career"  if the rest of the album follows this line, this will be a great album. The problem of the band is its own curriculum , who expects a new feminism or something will be disappointed , Kuroyume of the 90s was a unique and original band , not only the music but the style and creativity of them was something only happens once.

The album Headache and Dub Reel Inch was pretty weak as a whole, but still had good songs like love me do and heavenly, and I enjoyed all the video clips released, the problem was the small amount of shows and setlist taken always be based on punk phase, but with this new album seems that the band will engage once. Overall I give a note to the current 7.5 Kuroyume, but this note may rise further with this new album and setlist that Kuroyume will use this time. I just hope the band before definitively concluding activities invite Shin for last live, I would die happy after seeing these three are gathered together again playing for dear :')

Please like my page about the band :)

www.facebook.com/kuroyumeblackdream

I would like to respond to this after seeing the "final" spot of their future album:

Why are certain people missing their "Feminism" era tho? It's because of how much variety was placed in one small package - by the time after that release, Kiyoharu's main role in songwriting took its toll and caused Kuroyume's repertoire to become, say, too simple.

Reunion in this case disappoints me the most, because okay - it's taken for granted that artists take influences from their solo career onto their main bands' repertoire. BUT talented artists do know where to draw the line - you won't achieve "refreshing" sound by recycling your other projects' sound.

Primary example, j-rock-wise:

Hyde is, despite his partial obnoxiousness, more creative than Morrie and Kiyoharu in this case. Why? Latter artists made drastic changes to their main acts by incorporating most of their solo career onto their sound. What does that result in? Unintentional continuation to your solo career, of course. This is where Kiyoharu suffers the most - the lack of "actually" refreshing ideas.

Yea, hard to judge anything on that 30-sec-sample, but hey - by knowing most of Kiyoharu's tricks (he's not "avant-garde", so my expectations might be pretty much 80% correct), I'd say this is going to become another UNDER THE SUN leftover. No offense, fellow Kiyoharu fans - but this is much more saddening than his "Headache" comeback.

I don't want another Feminism tho - I want an album with vastly varying, "out-of-Kiyoharu's-border" ideas.

Really preview for this somewhat resembles Under The Sun I think the main problem is the voice of Kiyoharu that is not the same , sometimes it sounds a bit tired and worn out , it is more than normal after all this time . The last great album he released was Mellow , after that the quality dropped significantly . But do not think the problem is creativity , he is trying to do something different and 're not just living in the past , it would be much easier to do shows with the classics and is releasing DVDs of the shows to bill later, as many famous bands out there that and return only live in the past. It is almost impossible Kiyoharu release something as good equals the albums of the decade 90 's and early 2000s , but he always has some pearls in median albums he has released . I do not know quite what to expect from the new album since I saw the cover and the name of the songs , but the little I've seen and heard , this album will certainly be better than the last . Another problem is it mater its three active projects , it should focus only on Kuroyume and SADS , would be nice to go on hiatus from his solo career that has already become tiresome through due to the large amount of matter that he has released. I'm anxious to hear this new album, I can not lie I have high expectations because I am a big fan of the band, but I will give one last chance to Kiyoharu, even if the latter, I hope he gives a decent end to a band as legendary as Kuroyume.

A LULL IN THE RAIN sounds like Kiyoharu's earlier rendition of Maria...and what's MAD FLAVOR doing there? Very post-2010 SADS-y, I say. The rest sounds like Kiyoharu's leftovers.

Yawn.

A LULL IN THE RAIN sounds like Kiyoharu's earlier rendition of Maria...and what's MAD FLAVOR doing there? Very post-2010 SADS-y, I say. The rest sounds like Kiyoharu's leftovers.

Yawn.

you DO really hate modern kiyoharu/kuroyume/sads hah .

on the contrary, i dont see ANY reminiscence as a 'kiyoharu leftover' .

im actually surprised how they 'reversed' back their style to 'similar' old school kuroyume .

but then again, its not their fault how their new stuffs turned out to be . 

an article ive read long ago, said that the materials are strictly selected by the company,

as for kiyoharu and rest of the crews can only 'suggest' .

so even it sounds like kuroyume, it can still end up in sads or kiyoharu, or sounding sads 

could be in a kuroyume album.

i still love this, but not as much as headache dub reel inch .

but i guess it makes sense as this is their last release .

I AM WAITING FOR MY COPY AND THIS BASTARD COUNTRY IS TAKING WAY TOO MUCH TIME WITH CUSTOM CLEARANCE .

Hmm, surprisingly decent-ish. Actually most of the unheard songs sound better than the single tracks so far, to me at least.

I guess it's not gonna be some ultimate awesomeness, but looking forward to listening to it (already seems like a more fun listen than the last album).

an article ive read long ago, said that the materials are strictly selected by the company,

as for kiyoharu and rest of the crews can only 'suggest' .

I don't know if this is the same one you read, but he basically said the same thing here:

http://www.en.barks.jp/news/?id=1000003853

"I hate to break it to fans of each my projects, whether it by KUROYUME, sads or solo, but in reality, it would often be the record company that would make the decision of which song should be released under which project. They would be like, “This song should be used for KUROYUME”. Of course, timing has a lot to do with it, but I don’t write my songs thinking, “This is for my solo; this is for KUROYUME”. Most of the songs on the album that I wrote were chosen like that. Then the offer to make a theme song for a movie came in. I wrote the song “Guernica” imagining a movie called “Bilocation”."

I don't know if this is the same one you read, but he basically said the same thing here:

http://www.en.barks.jp/news/?id=1000003853

"I hate to break it to fans of each my projects, whether it by KUROYUME, sads or solo, but in reality, it would often be the record company that would make the decision of which song should be released under which project. They would be like, “This song should be used for KUROYUME”. Of course, timing has a lot to do with it, but I don’t write my songs thinking, “This is for my solo; this is for KUROYUME”. Most of the songs on the album that I wrote were chosen like that. Then the offer to make a theme song for a movie came in. I wrote the song “Guernica” imagining a movie called “Bilocation”."

Given kiyoharu's seniority in the industry & 'brand name', I would have thought he has more say & influence on what he releases. Maybe his stuff ain't selling that well so record executives refused to give him that freedom :/

Surely it is better than Headache and dub reel inch, but after hearing all the stuff thatt Kuroyume released after the return, I was a little disappointed, but it was myself, waiting for something like the songs of the 90s , that golden decade does not return. As I said before, the problem is the curriculum of the band, with classics like for dear and miss moonlight is hard not to judge new music. To be honest, I think this has to be the last album, if you release more songs, most will be considered only leftovers from other projects of Kiyoharu. The best thing to do at that point would make a great farewell tour, and return to play older songs from 94 backwards.

About the album as a whole, I thought it would be heavy and dark, but ended up sounding more punk and new metal. Heavy songs with guitar solos, but somewhere I sent lack of choruses that call me more attention to the music. As a whole is a good album, but has no great music that destauq most. Kiyoharu's incredible husky voice, let's see how he'll do it live. 

Headache and dub reel inch 6.5 

Kuro to Kage 7.5 

The music that I liked most was Calling, but I prefer the single version, have taken that initial strike took a little brightness to the track 

黒夢 2014.01.29 Nippon Budokan

20 TIMES OF REVELATION

Setlist:

01 ZERO

02 FAKE STAR

03 13 new ache

04 I HATE YOUR POPSTAR LIFE

05 SPOON&CAFFEINE

06 BARTER

07 Kaitou Jikken 

08 Kamakiri

09 MIND BREAKER

10 CAN’T SEE YARD

11 Hitoki Bass solo

12 gossip

13 Guernika

14 Aron

15 MASTURBATING SMILE

16 Suck Me!

17 C.Y.HEAD

18 CANDY

19 kouishou -aftereffect-

20 sick

EN1

21 Reverb (new song)

EN2

22 kaika no hibiki

23 toge

24 for dear

25 Miss MOONLIGHT

EN3

26 misery

27 shounen

EN4

28 Like@Angel

I liked the setlist, finally returned to play for dear. I thought they would play the album Kuro to Kage in full. Overall the base of the setlist was the same as the previous shows.

I wonder whether they had something special ( a la clothing or something like that) for second encore, considering that it has been  awhile (or many fricking years) since they played kaika no Hibiki (that's an intro for Romance of Scarlet?!) + feminism/RoS set.

I think I played most of these songs as a tribute to the death of producer Masahide Sakuma, he was a leading name behind Kuroyume producing albums, and also writing songs and playing instruments in the earliest phase of the band.

In my opinion, unfortunately they should not change much the basis of the setlist that focuses more on the punk rock stage.