sai

Visual kei blogspots: reposting or reuploading?

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer?

• Blogspots reposting my files
    • Blogspots reuploading my files
    • Blogspots keeping their hands off my files

Considering that this has been a rather big issue within the online VK community, both on forums as on other websites like livejournal, tumblr etc. I thought it would be interesting to try and get some opinions on the matter. If you decide to share VK music online, this usually gets reposted on a lot of visual kei blogspots. Now my question is, would you rather have it that blogspots repost your links and credit you/don't credit you (the way it mostly goes now), reupload your files and credit you/don't credit you, or would you prefer that they just keep their hands off?

I personally have never really shared anything I got (slow shipping times, lol), but if it came to it, I guess I'd prefer reuploading over reposting. You can't really stop the blogs from taking "your stuff" (though that is a entirely other debate) anyway, it comes with the territory if you put it on the net. Reuploading at least keeps the links alive. What I dislike about reposting links (especially with bigger artists that get deleted quicker) is that when the file gets removed for violation (like what happened with GazettE's DIVISION) the file is nowhere left to be found because everyone just blatantly reposted the link. Reuploading keeps the files alive and easier to access. Plenty of uploaders request for their files to be reuploaded instead of reposted, though I don't get why blogs (I'm looking at you edohsama and visual scandal) don't take 5 extra minutes to reupload the file if the uploader wishes so. Credits I don't care about at all, like you'd want your name all over the net being associated with sharing stuff online anyway.

So what is your opinion on the matter? Also, feel free to discuss the opinions of others!

i'm not uploading anything, but 100% agree with sai: reuploading is the only good thing that all those blog-leechers can do. it great when you searching for some old stuff in the web and finding it at blog that no longer active since 2010 or so and all link is still working. 

I don't care about credits, I think it's pretty laughable. If I upload something I'm not entitled to anything, it's just some other people's music that I happened to buy and share. I'm okay with whichever (reposting or reupping) since it makes no difference to me (I already own the stuff, so xD) - tho for longevity and bigger exposure to the release in question, it's better if people reuploaded the given file: more links means an increased possibility of actually being able to download something instead of seeing the same dead link over and over again everywhere.

My opinion is divided between two water :

Today my mine it's this sort of blogspot shouldn't repost or reuploading, because they don't respect all of us (it's demonstrate when poeple suggest to don't use their link and re-up, they don't care about it ^^)

But when I looking back when I start listen visual kei (or download music, and before knowing this sort of community like M-h (tainted world) or Nautiljon), I found my music on this sort of blog (because for me, the credit of uploader and bitrate to me was stranger)

For me, this sort of blog have their utilities when link are crashed or dead, a bit like Evil en Lucifer who post mostly old school band who are forget by a lot of us.

But the mostly problem it's, we knows they are registered here, it is obligatory for access to download topic, but their problem is they have never manifested, would it by a simply "thank's", and when you try to have a discuss with them (like Vscandal or Demon Android) they don't want listen your opinion and he despises those who try to make them understand,

Because they aren't just on Monochrome Heaven, but they infiltrated on every big asian music, Visual scandal is just a part of they work, they the same blog for asian rock music : rockerscandal.blogspot.com

So why they don't take 5 minutes to reupload if the uploader want it ? maybe because some of this blog are administrated by poeple who live in south america, and they don't speak other laguage than spanish and because they really don't care about us, the link or the artist, they just want share the most of link who they find and be the better blog

I never uploaded anything related to VK, but if my upload is reposted to another blog, I don't much care. But I prefer if they can reupload my stuff, and don't give credit. I usually put my purchase and upload if I upload my own stuff, but that not mean I want credit, just proofing these stuff is really my own purchase and upload :P

So why they don't take 5 minutes to reupload if the uploader want it ? maybe because some of this blog are administrated by poeple who live in south america, and they don't speak other laguage than spanish and because they really don't care about us, the link or the artist, they just want share the most of link who they find and be the better blog

I guess many people who ignore the reupload requests don't understand (or try to understand) why the uploaders want their stuff reuploaded. Some want to spread the file further to make sure it stays online, others don't want their name plastered all over it. I've spoken to someone from edohsama who is registered here about this reposting/reuploading issue and she told me that "nobody has time for reuploading, takes too much time and effort. Reposting is easier." So it's also laziness to some extent. Perhaps if the admins/mods of those blogspots knew why people want their stuff reuploaded, that might possibly help. Or people still won't care and stay lazy anyway...there's no way to predict that, after all.

Guest Magatsu

after all file sharing is illegal so I don't really care that much if a file is not avaible anymore. of course it's annoying if you look for THAT album. But hey.. downloading files is only LEGAL in the Netherlands. in all other countries downloading and uploading is freaking illegal. 

It's more annoying for those files from CD's who are "SOLD OUT" those files should be UPLOADED. <- also would be stupid if a company would go mad about it, because "it's not avaible to buy".

But if you come to the question.

Yes if some blogspot uploaders etc who start a blog to share music they simply have to reupload the files. otherwise people can better register here to get their files. simply enough.

It's no use to make a blog if your files are 100% not avaible after a time anymore.  

I don't care about credits, I think it's pretty laughable. If I upload something I'm not entitled to anything, it's just some other people's music that I happened to buy and share.

I can not agree more to this. Credit drama and people trying to become somewhat relevant through being some king of god-tier uploader that believes he or she owns what it shares is something that baffles me.

I have mixed feelings. I feel bad uploading, and I really don't want to be associated with it, but I understand it is what keeps the overseas scene going and the best way to get people to know bands and get them invested enough to start buying CDs themselves. But I don't really want myself to be associeted with uploaded files, even if it's just my internet identity or MH/last.fm identity. From that point of wiew, I would prefer my files to be reuploaded so I can quickly let go my responsability on their diffusion.

This made me ask credit the band when I upload anything to everyone that shares my file. But if it's reuploaded this credit is vulnerable of disapearing and being shifted into some nickname belonging to someone into the credit wars, so in that regard I rather have the link shared and the band credited instead of some random internet anon that owns www.jajajaviualkeisencondowrldcountry.blogspot.com.

As a former vkei blog updater (which is actually how I met Sai :staru: ) , I reuploaded everything 85% of the time. At one point, I stopped because I wanted more traffic and to seem like a ~visual-cool~ contributer, but that was a very shortlived phase. When uploading a discography, I even took the time to write a description of the band and what kind of music they made to get people more interested in trying them out instead of blinding posting everything I found.

From what I've seen, I was a pretty rare case. Today, very few people really write much about what they're sharing (assuming it's something they like. When I uploaded new, popular stuff that I didn't care about whatsoever [like ViViD at the time], I wouldn't give a description) and fewer people upload things themselves. This leads to dozens of blogs with dead links for the same thing and makes things that should be really easy to come across impossible to find. At least Jrockvisualkei dot com (I think that's their name) took the time to reupload everything to several different hosting sites.

I'm not saying people should always write a synopsis of what they're uploading, but it certainly does help get me interested and it shows that you're passionate about this release instead of just sharing to share. I am saying that blogs should at least upload everything to their own direct download sites in addition to copying and pasting someone else's links so we don't have the same dead link all over the place.

UNRELATED BUT THIS SHIT NEEDS TO STOP

Uploading singles / demos from older discographies and filling in the tracks with album versions. This warps history and is completely wrong. I used to do it as a shortcut myself, but then I realized what it was doing. It's better to say "track missing" or not even mention that this demo or single was released on your post if you don't have the real version. I cannot tell you how it pisses me off when I like the way a song sounds in a music video, but when I download it the uploader put the album version (which is usually stripped of some sort of intro or remastered in some way unless you're on UCP) instead. Latest example (from like a year ago, huehue) was Dir en Gray's "Myaku." I don't believe the single I got even had the B-sides, and the title track even had Macabre tags. Really?

Those blogs are partially the reason I don't share. I don't want to be associated with all those reposts all over Google. I listen to mostly small indies bands and these guys probably Google themselves so seeing their latest release the second or third result on Google probably doesn't make them very happy.

I have shared older indies kote kei stuff which probably ended up on Evil en Lucifer but I don't mind. Those bands broke up over a decade ago, their material out of print and are long forgotten. So those items being reposted don't bother me, but I would prefer it be reuploaded.

I think once one of those blogs sniped my hosted image so I replaced it with Goatsees and they had that on their front page for a day or two. That was hilarious.

I think once one of those blogs sniped my hosted image so I replaced it with Goatsees and they had that on their front page for a day or two. That was hilarious.

I think it was Levia, or something like this, I rememer the screenshot, it was brilliant  1775465354wan.gif.pagespeed.ce.T5etRvQbM

I don't really care if someone repost any of my uploads. I usually only upload live distributed CDs(cause we know we aren't hurting anyone if they're giving it away for free amirite?). Nowadays I will never upload recently released, like what Arithmetica said, because if you look at it in their perspective you would be butt-furious too. Usually, I get annoyed with the whole Credit thing as well. Especially when it's in full caps, bold, and in a eye raping color.

Guest Magatsu

I don't really care if someone repost any of my uploads. I usually only upload live distributed CDs(cause we know we aren't hurting anyone if they're giving it away for free amirite?). Nowadays I will never upload recently released, like what Arithmetica said, because if you look at it in their perspective you would be butt-furious too. Usually, I get annoyed with the whole Credit thing as well. Especially when it's in full caps, bold, and in a eye raping color.

Well I asked one time a band if it was okay to share. but one member told me. "No I think it's not okay, because you just should keep it for yourself" <- at the otherside such thing I also can understand because if they would love to  share it to everybody they would simply share it at their website for free. Also for Japanese fans they might would not go to their gig if they would not get a CD for free or if someone will upload it anyway. lol XD

Well I asked one time a band if it was okay to share. but one member told me. "No I think it's not okay, because you just should keep it for yourself" <- at the otherside such thing I also can understand because if they would love to  share it to everybody they would simply share it at their website for free. Also for Japanese fans they might would not go to their gig if they would not get a CD for free or if someone will upload it anyway. lol XD

Well that is ridic as fuck. I don't see the point of that bandman getting mad at a live distro though. They were still giving it away for free and getting free publicity for it, way long after the concert ended, he shouldn't have gotten so butt-hurt.

Aren't live distros only availible at one concert anyway? Calling bullshit on that argument.

99% of the time it is.

Well hmm, regarding discussion before, I can kinda get point of not liking to share much stuff because of blogs, not like band members likely really would like it at all anyway etc. so kinda fair enough. Though honestly I don't really see it completely same way myself. It would be about time to wake up to modern age anyway, sharing music happens all the time, deal with it. I think anyone should be smart enough able accept that fact but I guess it just might be complete opposite still judging how it would seem people feel about their stuff being shared etc. So maybe it is just me with some stupid thought pattern like this then : .

Besides I feel for small bands it might be more useful just to get as much visibility as possible, I find it quite hard to believe release being on the internet blogs would have that much affect to their sales anyway (not that I believe them to increase them either really) People will buy stuff from band they like and not buy stuff from band they don't, that's how it goes for the most part and it goes even more so in with small bands. Besides CD sells aren't exactly the most important thing for these bands either, it is all about gaining loyal fans who buy chekis and other crap, so I don't really feel it should make that much difference if stuff is shared or not.

It's not your music, anyway. You didn't write it, or have any credits whatsoever. You're just a fortunate person with enough money to buy the CD or DVD from your favourite artist, and then stick their CD in their computer and click a few buttons on their iTunes to rip the music to the library. Or at least, that's my opinion. I'm usually too slow to upload, also most things I buy are either old or of musicians that got a pretty solid fanbase so everything gets shared almost the instant someone gets it. It happens inevitably that no matter when someone password blocks their files, there is someone sneaky enough to reupload the file somewhere else anyway so everyone has easy access to it. 

I wouldn't really care if someone reposted/reuploaded my rips without credit, since it's not I who they should credit in the first place. It's the musician.

if they give me credit i'll appreciate it. if they didn't that's ok. i'll only check and talk with them if there are wrong information like the release date, album name, etc. i am happy to share what i have to the people who didn't have money or cannot buy my favorite artists releases.

Guest Magatsu

yeah I also don't understand why that bandman person got butt-hurted. He did even not agree with a full YOUTUBE upload....

Well I accept his wish, by not sharing it. But I also do totally think to share those disks would be good for THEM. 

But we are acutally so out of topic now (laugh)

But blogs really should people not give CREDIT if they put it on their blogs.

reasons too is because some people have not a common nickname so it's easy to find via GOOGLE who is the uploader.

And of course if ya upload you break the freaking copyright law. there is 100% no thing that you as uploader has credit. XD

Though honestly I don't really see it completely same way myself. It would be about time to wake up to modern age anyway, sharing music happens all the time, deal with it. I think anyone should be smart enough able accept that fact but I guess it just might be complete opposite still judging how it would seem people feel about their stuff being shared etc. So maybe it is just me with some stupid thought pattern like this the

Fuck this mentality, it seriously needs to go away.

This isn't personally directed at you slsr, so don't think I'm being all rah rah rah at you okay? ;)

It just frustrates me personally though because this mentality is just so prevalent among so many people that don't actually create and make things on their own.

It's that whole idea that because it's easy to rip and share something or someone is doing something they love it should then just be free? Why? Why do people think that is okay?

You see this among writers, illustrators, graphic designers, web developers and so on. Just because someone spent all their time creating a mock website for some shit tier home business. The designer should just expect all that work to be free because it's so easy to just hit ctrl A and ctrl C on all their code and graphics? Someone that spent weeks working on illustrations for some shitty web app game that will never go anywhere should expect not to be paid because it's easy to just ctrl c on all their files?

Then you hear, oh well you're doing what you love so just be happy people even want to use your work. What the hell? Why is that okay? I like writing shitty broken SQL statements all day at my day job, so just because I like doing that I should then work for free right? No of course not and artists whether they're a web designer or a writer or a musician should be paid for the work they do. Regardless of how easily shareable it is.

I know that most artist get more bang for their buck by touring and selling merch. Yet it's so short sighted to think that not buying something doesn't help the artist or the greedy evil label eats it up. It helps keep that "scene" afloat by helping producers and labels keep their artists funded and to produce more new artist.

**edit**

Quick edit but I do agree labels and distributors should get with it already and deal with it. Not so much that they should just give away their music and product for free but make it more globally accessible. That old notion of staggering releases in different markets is the most backward ass thing imaginable. Avatar was heavily pirated as soon as it was released in North America and can you guess what areas pirated it the most? The places that had to wait a week or more for it to release locally. 

I understand it's not sustainable to release physical CDs, merch, toys and other items in markets that won't sell. Yet restricting digital sells??

Even though I have a Japanese Amazon account, I can't buy digital music from their website simply because I am not in Japan. What the hell I am trying to give you money? Why are you stopping me? I don't understand that notion  at all. So like anyone else, if I really want that release I'll find a way to get it and it may not be the most legal way of doing it too!

Fuck this mentality, it seriously needs to go away.

This isn't personally directed at you slsr, so don't think I'm being all rah rah rah at you okay? ;)

It just frustrates me personally though because this mentality is just so prevalent among so many people that don't actually create and make things on their own.

It's that whole idea that because it's easy to rip and share something or someone is doing something they love it should then just be free? Why? Why do people think that is okay?

You see this among writers, illustrators, graphic designers, web developers and so on. Just because someone spent all their time creating a mock website for some shit tier home business. The designer should just expect all that work to be free because it's so easy to just hit ctrl A and ctrl C on all their code and graphics? Someone that spent weeks working on illustrations for some shitty web app game that will never go anywhere should expect not to be paid because it's easy to just ctrl c on all their files?

Then you hear, oh well you're doing what you love so just be happy people even want to use your work. What the hell? Why is that okay? I like writing shitty broken SQL statements all day at my day job, so just because I like doing that I should then work for free right? No of course not and artists whether they're a web designer or a writer or a musician should be paid for the work they do. Regardless of how easily shareable it is.

I know that most artist get more bang for their buck by touring and selling merch. Yet it's so short sighted to think that not buying something doesn't help the artist or the greedy evil label eats it up. It helps keep that "scene" afloat by helping producers and labels keep their artists funded and to produce more new artist.

I think a decent portion of that could be alleviated by them embracing the digital age though. With as prevalent as itunes and other digital music venues are, they are sorely underused by the Japanese market(especially VK bands), and when they do, they specifically lock out their foreign audience from giving them money most of the time. I think many western acts have already figured out that digital is the way to go(at least parallel with physical-media releases) just because that is how most people listen to their music nowadays. Of course it wouldn't get rid of downloading(nothing ever will, no matter what they try), they might as well at least try an capitalize on some of that. Personally, if a release I'm interested in is available on the US itunes store, then I don't mind tossing a few dollars their way even if it's already been uploaded here.

As for the main point of this thread, I think blogspots should be doing neither, honestly. I mean, 99% of VK blogspots serve absolutely NO purpose at all. I can make an exception for ones like Evil en Lucifer because they focused on posting old stuff and most, if not all, of their posts were original and not just reposts. The other blogs, however? All they do is steal possible users from here. There's absolutely nothing that people couldn't get just as easily by spending the 20 seconds and registering for an account here.

I was owner of Jrock Brazil downloads and loved this work on internet, so I stopped because don't have to time a lot updates and releases.

The fact now days is impossible share just a link, I reuploaded all to keep link original, and put credits to real uploaders that buy the cds on my last return to my blogspot. I love help disclose the bands unkown to everyone on my blog.

Today I'm hide uploader, and keep everything to myself just. share when some request to me or when a friend want some release. I prefer repost here in MH some discographies that have.

Some people question to me: delk when you back to your blogspot ? and my answer is: when had time to make all everytime again. I've projects of sites but i'm thinking about yet.  ;)

Hmmm, I'm sharing quite some music here, mostly my own rips but if it comes to those vk blogspots,

I'm okay with everything as long they credit me if I asked to, but I don't really mind though.

Also, when our uploads get re-posted everywhere, it wouldn't damage the band much either, their popularity goes straight-up thanks to all those re-bloggers and yourself als 1# uploader (if you look it as this, it's kinda true right?)

Anyways, to stay on topic, we can neither prevent them from copy-pasting our links, that's a fact.

There's no help in it.