Sign in to follow this  
Umi_Niwa

Jrock & Visual Kei PVs

^omg, they used real blood? By humans? I hope they got it from a blood donating source and didn't have to slay people for it XDD

Woaaaah~

Thank you for the link. It's so interesting to see how many of my favorite PVs were actually made by them.

Also funny how the director added some anecdotes in their blog.

Like how he got drenched in somebody's blood while making ASH and later finding out that person had hepatitis. The hell.

Yuck. 

^omg, they used real blood? By humans? I hope they got it from a blood donating source and didn't have to slay people for it XDD

Well since it was infected blood I'm guessing they didn't get it from a donating service. XDDDD But he really just wrote 'Drenched in a hepatitis type b patients blood. Wish he told me earlier."

And appearently they were all arrested by the police while filming COLORs 'EXHIBITION'-pv.  And there was a rotten dog cadaver on the set for 'Jealous' (I think I read that in a diru interview somewhere before...).

Now I want to read the whole blog!

Also funny how the director added some anecdotes in their blog.

Like how he got drenched in somebody's blood while making ASH and later finding out that person had hepatitis. The hell.

ugh is he referring to the surgery scenes in ASH video? I honestly thought they just used some stock video footage. Ewww.

I assume color were arrested by fashion police, if anything.

Okay... so they were also cutting a corpse open (as can be seen in the PV)  and stained themselves with it's blood? Or am I making this up? XD

Anyway... one thing that Visual kei was for sure in the past: fucking illegal XD

Guest mitsubana

Huh? Is this true in regards to doing screwed up stuff during PVs? Are these reliable sources that are saying this?

Huh? Is this true in regards to doing screwed up stuff during PVs? Are these reliable sources that are saying this?

Well. The part about the blood is from the directors blog, so yes.

Whether the person was alive or dead and which scene it was (also whether they even used the scene) is unknown.

But yes, it seems they appearently did pretty extreme stuff back then. XD In the bio it says that VISUAL TRAP was founded when the members (two or three people) were still in university so I assume they were just as young and stupid as the bands they were working with if that explains anything.

Guest mitsubana

Well. The part about the blood is from the directors blog, so yes.

Whether the person was alive or dead and which scene it was (also whether they even used the scene) is unknown.

But yes, it seems they appearently did pretty extreme stuff back then. XD In the bio it says that VISUAL TRAP was founded when the members (two or three people) were still in university so I assume they were just as young and stupid as the bands they were working with if that explains anything.

Oh, okay~ I see. That's crazy... And gross.

^ I love that song xD The pv is kinda predictable, although the colors are nice indeed.

Here are two more pvs I like. Not Visual-Kei though. These are by Acidman.  

http://youtu.be/6X8OiZgOCQo

I was quite moved by this one, I think it makes even stronger impact with the song being instrumental.

http://youtu.be/nHoWPc8inpk

Love the song and the desert village setting (I'm assuming it was shot somewhere in Morocco). 

always really liked the imagery in this pv

パティー・サワディー  by Tokusatsu

also i like some of SEX-ANDROID's pvs just because of the cameos, ie

I guess I'll share some of my favorites:

(whoever uploaded this sucks because its Saraba Sekai not Rettou Jidai)

(this one really is rettou jidai lol)

I really love all of CODOMO A's PVs. Theyre fun and colorful and funky~~~ idk they just make me happy for some reason lol.

this is a PV i feel cannot be fully enjoyed/appreciated without tripping on acid while watching it....

because....reasons...

but really all of their videos from what ive seen are like that... >____> yeah anyway.

and lastly, this would not be a post from me unless I talked about KuRT and how amazing they are.

ALL of their PVs imo are awesome, theres no 2 the same (unless you count ifuusekkou and hizumu kuro because they were filmed in the same location lol)

but theyre all really original? idk I just really like them, bias aside.

I guess I'll share some of my favorites:

(whoever uploaded this sucks because its Saraba Sekai not Rettou Jidai)

(this one really is rettou jidai lol)

I really love all of CODOMO A's PVs. Theyre fun and colorful and funky~~~ idk they just make me happy for some reason lol.

Lool they look like gay power rangers chikas_pink08.gif.pagespeed.ce.1K4OZoi32

In terms of non-vk stuff though:

Tokyo Jihen / Ringo Jihen have very spectacular PVs, very entertaining too tbqh

Beaucoup de Bruit pour Rien, I like the mix of cultural themes

Brand New Civilization, it's just plain silly but still funny :lol:

Gips, very artistic - also, referencing western music videos with a very good taste (it's up to you to guess which POPULAR music vids are being referenced :))

Ringo Shiina x Soil & "Pimp" Sessions - "The Assassin's Assassin", I would like to think of this as a continuation to Beacoup...so yeah, a good sequel :)

I am too lazy to write proper explanations for my liking towards music videos like that - a novel-like text isn't really my type of expression, haha.

Ps. in case you're wondering, I used Vevo videos here (some might experience access issues :( )

Sign in to follow this