Rize

Meku from GALEYD leaving the band due to musical difference

Source: http://ameblo.jp/galeyd/entry-11563261779.html

Because of musical difference, Meku decided to withdraw from the band.

---
Meku is still doing some live activities up to Osaka Ruido on 2013.08.23 before leaving.
Not sure what will happen after he leaves.
They might look now for a support member as good as Meku to play all songs since he mostly composed them...

The only guitarist that comes first in my mind to be a good support member would be Leda(ex-Deluhi) www

Isn't Meku the driving force behind GALEYD like LEDA was the driving force behind DELUHI? I either predict the Lycaon route, or that they're getting a new guitarist that actually can do the same thing Meku did.

joke of the year

+ he should form a new band with rei (ex-aim) or tenten imo

He should simply form another new band adopting aim's funky side full time instead of forming a DELUHI 3. That'd be great.

meku did the same thing when he was in chemical pictures.

i wonder what is the music style he really want to play...

doesn't he compose all the music in GALEYD already?

who is tenten anyway?

tenten is (the vocal of chemical pictures) the man with ten fingers on each hand. XD

A lot of aim was actually Toki, I think. 

Meku composed all of LOADED, DESTINY, INFINITIUM, Precious Heart and half of Eye Will. The only two singles where Meku ISN'T listed as the composer is Revolution and Flee From Reality-- their two newest singles. Those only have "GALEYD" listed.

So. 

Until the last two singles, everything's Meku's.

So, if you like Galeyd pre-Revolution...

This is good news for me seeing as I never could stand Garo's voice. I'm excited to see where Meku will go

Something big happened and this is a really bad cover for it. The main composer doesn't suddenly leave the band because he doesn't like the direction the music is taking. Clearly, Meku is the driving force here. GALEYD isn't GALEYD without him. I'm expecting a disbandment announcement in a bit once the band realizes this too.

"But can't they just find another guitarist just as good as Meku?"

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN BAYBAY

For as much as I was not a fan of Meku's wanky style of guitar playing it is clear that it takes a ton of talent to get to that level. Talent you don't see often in the visual scene. Plus, it's not like they can pull another similarly skilled guitarist to both compose all the music and fill a spot in their no name visual band. If GALEYD can bounce back from this I will be very, very surprised.

Guest mitsubana

I was never a fan of this band, but hopefully the band can figure out what to do from here...for the sake of fans.

@Zess

You would be very surprised to know there are many guitarists at that level in Japan =P Every year the amount of HUGE talent that graduates from MIT and other places is bigger in number. It is not impossible or unlikely they could get a new guitarist at Meku's level. However finding someone who can match the same STYLE is an entirely different story. The only people that come to mind when I think of Meku's style is Leda. Im sure there are others im just not aware of.

My point is, people should stop saying that its unlikely to find someone at meku's level because he isnt a beyond god guitarist. The skills he presented are only above average of what you can expect form anyone at that age who is serious about guitar in japan.

P.S. Toki is also a composer and driving force of the band. Meku didnt create EVERYTHING in Galeyd. The sound style of revolution and flee from reality and beyond is what Meku doesnt like very much.