CAT5

Japanese vocalists with GOOD English

So who are some Japanese singers that can sing in good, intelligible English? I'm not talking about vocalists that utter a few random things in English, I'm talking about vocalists who have sung entire songs in English...or at least enough to know that their English is legit. I know of quite a few, but It'll be nice if we could construct a list of sorts... :P

Off the top of my head, there's the guy from OCEANLANE (though their music is plain boring)

Emi Meyer...though she's not entirely Japanese

Shiina Ringo has pretty good English on record, but I've seen some live clips of her English that were...sketchy

Now I can't think all of a sudden...will return later xD

None of these are rock artists, but I'll post them anyway.

Mirai of Sigh. But that shouldn't be a surprise seeing as he is an English teacher in Japan.

And these guys aren't too shabby:

Shinji Tachi of Magnesium.

Yoshiakki Negishi of Church of Misery.

Joe Yamanaka of Flower Travellin' Band

Hevi of Corrupted. Or, he was in Corrupted. His spanish is better though.

Too lazy to think more now. Need moar Pride first!

ONE OK ROCK's Taka is alright i guess, on their latest album songs like "Never Let This Go" are written in decent English and he seems to know what he's singing.

Also Hyde's English is pretty good, although he has a heavy accent.

Anna Tsuchiya, Demon Kogure, Toshi (especially in Crucify My Love) and Lotus Juice

Still i think that ELLEGARDEN's Takeshi has best English.

Eugene Wakamikito from eksperimentoj is fluent, but then again I don't know if he's even fully Japanese judging by his name. Same goes for Robin Aoki from downy. The guy from UNCHAIN is good, though I wish he sang more in Japanese because his English lyrics are sort of pointless fodder. I can understand what he's singing though, unlike with Kent from Lillies and Remains for example. Sato from 54-71. Hiroshi Kyono from The Mad Capsule Markets. Many that I now forget...

Miyavi's english is really good nowadays. I understood pretty much all the english parts in Torture.

hide had great english.

Toshi is pretty good too.

The singer of Half-Life is better than most, even though it's not perfect.

Eugene Wakamikito from eksperimentoj is fluent, but then again I don't know if he's even fully Japanese judging by his name. Same goes for Robin Aoki from downy. The guy from UNCHAIN is good, though I wish he sang more in Japanese because his English lyrics are sort of pointless fodder. I can understand what he's singing though, unlike with Kent from Lillies and Remains for example. Sato from 54-71. Hiroshi Kyono from The Mad Capsule Markets. Many that I now forget...

I'm not really an UNCHAIN fan, but from the songs I've heard...I'm not too sure about his English...seemed more engRish-y to me xD

Completely forgot about Eugene/Aoki

I doubt anyone knows this band, but the lady from sighboat has perfect English...and she looks full Japanese too. xD

There's the old rock/grunge artist AYA.

A lot of Japanese singers in the Jazz and Club scenes have pretty good English too. Aoki Karen, akiko, Yurai (featured on a lot of Jazztronik stuff), Arvin homa aya (though her ethnicity is HIGHLY questionable xD). Monday Michiru (though she's like half-Japanese). The lady from FRIED PRIDE is also quite good. Lots more...

Koshi Inaba from B'z, Takanori Nishikawa/T.M. Revolution from abingdon boys school, Ken Hirai, Taka from ONE OK ROCK and the guy from RADWIMPS.

Morrie's English is perfect pretty much. The HeavensDust singer and RIZE's singer also. Superfly sings her English pretty much perfectly, but I recently found out she just does it by ear, she doesn't actually speak it.

I'm not really an UNCHAIN fan, but from the songs I've heard...I'm not too sure about his English...seemed more engRish-y to me xD

Yea I don't think he's great either. He's just not terrible. Okay english, passable enough in a sea of horrible horrible engrish.

the guy from RADWIMPS

Youjirou

Kanon who sang BRAND NEW BREEZE, Tommy heavenly6, angela aki

Koshi Inaba, MORRIE

and those japanese artists who born, and or lives in USA for a long time

Mike Shinoda lol

but seriously, vocalist from pizzicato Five are very fluent and her articulation is clear.

So does vocalist from FPM and The rapper SHING02 from most of Nujabes album.

As for rock vocalist, the guy from ELLEGarden and vocalist from BEAT CRUSADER are pretty good.

As for pop, Utada Hikaru, that is so obvious lol

Misia is pretty fluent too.

but seriously, vocalist from pizzicato Five are very fluent and her articulation is clear.

yessir

Shiina Ringo (Tokyo Jihen), Tsuchiya Anna, BENI, and Crystal Kay. Well, she's not Japanese but she does sing Japanese though - BoA.

Most half or part Japanese singers seem to have good English.