Sign in to follow this  
Hakuei

MIYAVI News

MIYAVI to Collaborate with Good Charlotte

MIYAVI, who is currently working on his new album, WHAT'S MY NAME?, has announced a collaboration with American pop-punk band Good Charlotte.

The singer will feature on the song Like It’s Her Birthday for Good Charlotte's upcoming album Cardiology. The album will go on pre-sale in Japan on October 27th as part of group’s first album after changing record labels. Like It’s Her Birthday will be a bonus track on the Japanese version only.

Good Charlotte say that they have always had a lot of respect for Japan and have been wanting to collaborate with a Japanese artist for a while. After seeing MIYAVI perform live, they asked him if he would like to collaborate with them.

In addition to this, we are happy to inform that MIYAVI and his wife, popstar Melody, are expecting a second baby. Their daughter, Lovelie, is already a year old and Melody says that she expects her to be a good older sister.

Read more: http://jame-world.com/us/news-list-2010-09.html#67424#ixzz0yudOoOZX

myv and good charlotte? epic fail, fuck the american musicians, just keep doing what you do best.

american musicians really try to use japanese musicians to get into the japanese scene, f*cking stupid

^Thats not true. Many american bands are well known in japan. (without "using" japanese musicians) But im sure they would be happy to collaborate with american bands.

And its actually normal that many american bands release their albums first in japan and a week later in other countries.

And most of them have bonus tracks for japan.

Anyway the song was already posted at youtube a few weeks ago and miyavi did all the guitar parts.

But i actually cant wait to hear the album. Its goiing to be great.

^

^

well it may be true that this collaboration is mainly for the purpose of selling a few more albums in japan, but techniques like that are pretty common in the japanese scene aswell, which is why lots of j-bands release their songs in (often terrible) engrish too, but i don't see why collaborations generally shoud be bad in any way.

in contrary it is a nice thing, if musicians/artists come together to create something new, or atleast somewhat different from what they do normally, and especially this has absolutely nothing to do with where they come from.

beeing american or beeing japanese doesn't reflect in any ways on the ability of the person behind it.

having never been a fan of good charlotte, in this particular case i don't like the outcome aswell and the impact of miyavis participation doesn't seem to be fundamental to say the least, but thats just me.

there are some other examples, which work quite different, like michael schenker or paul gilbert with sex machineguns, or DEG touring with slipknot and Korn, and maximum the hormone forming an overseas connections with bands like enter shikari and bring me the horizon. >>EDIT< and of course zilch with hide and former danzig members if i remember correctly<

so this might not be the best teamup of musicians in history, but bands/artists should not be limited on with whom they work with, by trivialities like cultural background or nationality.

edit2: grammar...

What the hell is with these weird ass collaborations? Although, I'm listening to the song and it's not that bad! It's easily the best guitar work that Good Charlotte has ever had.

Not to change the subject, just a quick question: Whatever happened to that collaboration between Mana and Amy Lee from Evanescence that I red about like 2 years ago?

That Youtube link is not the final version and it's not the one with Miyavi, according to the comments on the video.

Also, here's the cover art for the new album.

l_9d0d2f407b4c4dc4ac438aa15013be2d.gif

Well, yeah i heard about their collaboration news.

And the song's on radio.

But i dont hear Miyavi inside.

Or is it he wrote th song for them?

And well, he's having a son!

Yeah, he said that on this blog. Finally!

A heir to the samurai guitarist ;DD

you know what, this song of theirs is on radio.

"Like it's her birthday" isn't it?

But ya' know, thr isn't any credit to myv!

like they should put a "ft. MIYAVI"?

but nahhhhh. they didn't :/

so im kinda annoyed :|

someone on youtube said that single version doesn't have Miyavi's guitar part, album version would... or something.

btw it's HILARIOUS how hard he's trying to get to the US market now.

btw it's HILARIOUS how hard he's trying to get to the US market now.

To my knowledge, the Meev collaboration version is only on the Japanese version of the album/single/whatever. At least from what I've read some time ago (I don't really keep track of this collab xD).

myv and good charlotte? epic fail, fuck the american musicians, just keep doing what you do best.

american musicians really try to use japanese musicians to get into the japanese scene, f*cking stupid

LOL wtf

It's the other way around dude. Miyavi is trying to get popular in America.

Jupp. But Jrock fanboys/girls always think stuff like that. Hilarious!

OH NO MY SECRET TRANNY ART MUSIC IS FINALLY BEING EXPOSED TO PEOPLE OTHER THAN THE SWEATY WEEABOO CLUB MEMBERS

Quick, to the rage-copter!

this will be fun, i am not really a fan fo GC but they got some songs that i liked. I'll looking forward to the final version.

Maybe next time GazettE with MCR or such? :P

OH NO MY SECRET TRANNY ART MUSIC IS FINALLY BEING EXPOSED TO PEOPLE OTHER THAN THE SWEATY WEEABOO CLUB MEMBERS

I get the sarcasm, but if miyawee kept the amount of engwish in his swongs to ve minimoon, his recent awbum wood be laik 120 % bettar.

Oh man MIyavi seems like the biggest douchebag ever for some reason. Maybe he's just trying to e cool.

I fink hews just twying to bwe relaxid and wely kuul but ends up wooking wike a total woushe, you'we raiht.

(I can't fucking stand his English, that fucking speaking manner of him is driving me nuts DD:)

Sign in to follow this