Sign in to follow this  
evilcoconut

New MUCC album 'Karma' 10/6

do you mean the one they did inside a mall or something?

I only have faint memory on that actually, but wow, it will sounds... Odd?

jesus christ. I love trashy electropop, but that's pathetic.

Oh no, all those bands don't record the same album over and over again, they are all dead :roll:

Not too happy with Falling Down though, they could have pulled this off better, but i like the style of the PV, those sunglasses really fit Tatsurou ;)

Doesn't have anything to do with recording the same album over and over again. It has to do with quality. When a band fails to record a decent album in 2-3 tries they kidna die in a way.

Girugamesh' last decent effort was Girugamesh.

D'espairsRay's last decent effort was Mirror.

Mucc's last decent effort was Gokusai.

I think that's why they see them as dead.

Edit: And before people start complaining about me not liking a change; a lot of the bands on my top 10 list are bands that has changed a lot since they first started out. So I do see changes as a good thing, as long as they manange to produce quality records. But as with the earlier mention bands, I don't think they have been doing that at all. So I would rather have them making good records in the same style as earilier than trying out new things and failing.

Girugamesh and D'espairsray were crappy to begin with. MUCC has a lot of talent in writing pretty melodies, but they kinda ran out of that a while ago as well. They're out of ideas. Oh well.

Of course you can say that they fail at their attempts to try something new, but that's not a fact. There are only few objective criterias if a band's music is good and all three mentioned bands met those since they are decent songwriters and instrumentalists. If you think those bands are not good at what they do now, fine, that's your opinion, but far too many people state their opinions like they were a fact. But eh, nothing new i guess, it's common on the interwebz but sometimes it just annoys me too much ;)

By the way: I also think all three bands lost quality, but they are far from being dead. But hey, that's just my opinion ;)

Well. It shouldn't be necessary to state that it is your own opinion every single time you write something on this forum. You don't have to do it on other forums and people understand that you're stating your own opinion, so why is it so damn hard for the people here to understand that people are stating their own opinions? I don't get it.

And the last time I ended my post with "this is my opinion" people started to cry and bitch about it.

I think girugamesh lost it with Color or whatever the single's called (and probably NOW and MUSIC, so they've been sucking hxC for a while) but I feel D'espairsRay and MUCC still have a lot of good ideas - they are just trying to reach to broader audiences and, honestly, judging from their last albums, it's not the greatest of ideas.

MUCC has always been one of my deeper favorite bands but I feel they have been going under after "6". Shion had a few good tracks (like Shion, lol) but in terms of quality, they have been lacking and it's upsetting.

I am not going to write off this brand new album just yet but I am not liking what I am hearing so far and they cannot do pop well. Leave that for D'espairsRay and girugamesh now because I don't want to lose another what-was-a-quality band.

Well. It shouldn't be necessary to state that it is your own opinion every single time you write something on this forum. You don't have to do it on other forums and people understand that you're stating your own opinion, so why is it so damn hard for the people here to understand that people are stating their own opinions? I don't get it.

And the last time I ended my post with "this is my opinion" people started to cry and bitch about it.

Oh come on, not that crap again, this has been said here far too often. If you put it like that, i just gave MY opinion since i'm annoyed by the attitude of people posting "opinions" like "G0r00gamesh suckz!" - i come to forums to discuss things i find interesting and posts like that prevent every interesting discussion. I don't blame people for not writing "IMO", i just prefer them to write opinions with some content. But well, Furik did just do that and i didn't mean to bitch in the first place, so let's get back to topic.

Personally i wasn't to happy with Kyuutai, because although it took a heavier direction from Shion, the MUCC feeling was just not there if you get what i mean - i hate to use that term, but the album sounded really kinda "americanized", which is basically not a bad thing, but i think it just didn't fit MUCC. So actually i would be okay with them trying something different as long as it has more of the band's special sound to it (like Freesia, which was really good), but after a few listens i have to say that Falling Down is lacking that feeling too :/

with such a "flexible" band like MUCC it is always difficult. i actually just like about 20-30% of their stuff, but still it is one of my absolute favorites despite, or even just because of that.

on every album so far i found some tracks i wouldn't wann miss, perhaps more on the early ones, because i like the numetal/korn-esque touch a lot,

but also on the heavily bashed shion and kyuutai are some epics (heavy, jazz, funk, pop,... doesn't matter).

so while the last singles and this preview are strong on the "delete, DELETE SRSLY!!" side of my like-o-scope, i still hope for the full album to have some good shit on it. pleaseplease don't let mucc die *praystoflyingspaghettimonster*

regarding despa and girugamesh, i seem to be the only one who enjoyed "music", i also found some of the "now" album quite entertaining, even if the vocals there really started to get on my nerves, but yeah, these last singels were horrifying...

Uhm...what was that? And what a HORRIBLE vocal performance by the vocalist-dude. Hoooooly!

JD5Zm.gif

What the fucking fuck was that. The verse in 5/4 sound awful, the rocksteady-like off beat break, the transposition up a tone, nothing redeemable about the whole thing.

This single is turning into a massive hot mess.

I don't know, but I like this far more than Falling Down...

agreed. but not that difficult 'cause Falling Down is the worst piece of s**t I ever heard from a band I adored so much .________.

I'm not even sure I'm brave enough to listen to the new album D:

I don't know how any song can be worse than flight <.<...and that was on SHION! look how that ended up!

Either way, the b-side interested me. I still don't feel Karma will be at all epic, though... there's nothing to warrant anything.

At best we'll get another kyuutai, which had a number of wonderful songs, but overall bland.

[in other words, another degression. Shion>Kyuutai>Karma... that's not that good, and there's actually more time in-between albums this time!]

I don't know how any song can be worse than flight <.<...and that was on SHION! look how that ended up!

Either way, the b-side interested me. I still don't feel Karma will be at all epic, though... there's nothing to warrant anything.

At best we'll get another kyuutai, which had a number of wonderful songs, but overall bland.

[in other words, another degression. Shion>Kyuutai>Karma... that's not that good, and there's actually more time in-between albums this time!]

didn't dislike Flight, but can totally understand what you mean!

let's hope for the best!

Aa, I've listened now Falling Down titlesong a few times and now I'm really sure, that song's chorus sounds really familiar. I have a feeling, that it sounds like some animation's opening song, which I've watched and liked. Déjà vu!

Sign in to follow this