^ Don't know about that for sure, but this is the latest official info (dated October 5):

2NE1 and Taeyang will be releasing their new songs in November...

(source)

However, they did have a teaser image back in the summer saying "NEW EVOLUTION - coming soon!" but that turned out to be a teaser for their world tour of the same title. They also simultaneously announced they'll be releasing new music but didn't specify the album title.

Well I guess the rumor was totally false that it was coming out today. I thought maybe they'd announce at the K-Pop super concert that happened last night, but no such luck. Heard another rumor recently that they (2NE1, Taeyang, so forth) will all be releasing after November 15th. So, I'm not even going to get my hopes up until then.

What I'm surprised about is that YG hasn't even said anything yet. It was like October 3rd when they did the press conference saying the comeback would be in November.

Haven't read anything official either. And yeah, I think they shot a video or something (in the US?) recently, so I guess we should be getting some sort of comeback update any day now~ (hopefully)

I've heard several people on Tumblr all speculating that it's pushed back and YG is too afraid of the fans to make it public. But like Jigsaw said, they shot the music video in Los Angeles. Bom and Minzy both changed their hairstyles. So a lot MORE people are speculating we'll get the album in the next few weeks.

I have to agree mostly with greeeen though. When I Love You came out I was like okay, the cycle is beginning in the next few weeks and when they said it was pushed from June I was less angry, but We're now coming up to five months from the debut of I Love You and there's always an excuse to why they can't put it out. Like if you have the album done, just release it. Be honest with us and say "We don't have the album done yet because we're fucking around with it instead of just DOING it."

But also keep in mind that when BoA's album came out back in July they announced it about 5 days before the actual release. Sooooo It could essentially come out as late as November 30th to still be considered a November release and we can find out probably as late as the 28th that it's coming out technically this month.

Yeah it's basically anyone's guess when it comes out, knowing the release-infos they gives - usually the comeback is announced only one or two weeks before the actual release, quite fast.

Anyway, super-curious for their new stuff~ (especially after the fabulous I Love You)

Interested to see how it turned out. If it gets uploaded somewhere ill listen. Apparently CL confirmed no new album until 2013. People are speculating they'll release it with Girls' Generation in January to promote competition. Or something.

Was hoping that would catch someone's attention.

There was something posted on YG Life about "January 17th" and it was posted in Korean and it apparently hasn't been translated.

Someone posted about it on PopOverdose and we seem to be speculating an album release or announcement of release. Is it just the DVD? Do you have more information?

Ah I see! So far, it looks like the new live DVD "NEW EVOLUTION IN SEOUL" will be released on that date. Tracklist over here btw.

Also, I was searching around and found out that they will release a Japanese version for this DVD as well, that will contain their performance of the song "SCREAM" in addition to what's on the Korean version of the DVD, plus some other minor differences (but it's essentially the same concert in Seoul). Plus, on 2013/03/13 another Japanese DVD called "NEW EVOLUTION in Japan" will be released that will contain their concert from Yokohama Arena (2012/09/12), with basically the same tracklist as the Korean concert.

...phew. XD Bottom line: I want a new album already, dammit! :P

Some rumors that need to be addressed:

First of all, I have heard that YG-Life is going to post some new teasers... Images? A video? Sound clips? I don't know, but some form of 2NE1 teasers on January 17th. It is now January 17th Korean time, but I just got home so I haven't been able to check it out yet. Figured I'd come here first and address the rumor.

In any case, further rumors that I'd like to discuss and see if anyone here has any thoughts or knowledge about them:

2NE1's USA debut has been scrapped, or rather, was never confirmed in the first place. It was mostly just will.i.am fucking around and making songs for them with no actual intent on releasing them in the states.

2NE1's contract with YG will expire at the end of 2014, so they are looking to get their comeback album out before then (most probably being spring/summer of 2013) with a tour in the summer of 2013 before the band ultimately calls it quits at the end of 2014.

Of course, there's no confirmation, but things that lead me to believe it's true:

Dara and Bom are going to be about 30 in the coming years and K-Pop is weird about age.

CL has been looking to make a solo debut, but YG doesn't think she's likable enough yet. This is why she's been seen at parties and events. To get her name out there solo, apart from 2NE1.

YG is making so much money off of PSY and BIGBANG that he's let other artists slide, including 2NE1. He doesn't seem to care about artists that aren't PSY or BIGBANG so he may not renew contracts of any bands that didn't make him enough money. (Which, we all know 2NE1 would have if YG fucking RELEASED THEIR ALBUM IN 2012... I'm only a little bitter)

So, any thoughts on these? Can anyone confirm or deny?

2NE1's USA debut has been scrapped, or rather, was never confirmed in the first place. It was mostly just will.i.am fucking around and making songs for them with no actual intent on releasing them in the states.

I agree with this. There was never any intention to release anything in the U.S. with will.i.am being producer - although in a video interview (I believe it was with Forbes), they confirmed they were working with him for a U.S. release "someday". I feel the girls were just saying that to get it out of the way because everyone asks them about a U.S. release. I feel nothing will surface.

2NE1's contract with YG will expire at the end of 2014, so they are looking to get their comeback album out before then (most probably being spring/summer of 2013) with a tour in the summer of 2013 before the band ultimately calls it quits at the end of 2014.

I'm pretty sure YG will extend their contract. They are one of the bigger "girl groups" the label has and YG knows they have a huge worldwide following. They would be stupid to let them go.

I would hope that YG would extend their contract. They would be insane not to, but you never know with him. He could have and should have got them in the studio to release their album last year... He would've made as much money from them as he did BIGBANG... But maybe he kept their album until first half of 2013 because he KNEW he'd make money from it and needed a stimulus in the first half. Who knows. All I know is when it does release, and they slay, he'll want to extend their contract.

I've been a really big fan since Lollipop came out.

I'm watching their New Evolution in Seoul concert DVD right now and it's so amazing.

They pull out all the stops and more.

The remixes, the costumes, the everything.

:wan-48: