Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Olympics 2012

Olympics-2012.jpeg

Anybody watching these? I don't watch sports ever, but every four years I enjoy watching the Olympics games. My favorite categories to watch have to be the diving, swimming and gymnastics. Both for men and women. The incredible and crazy things the athletes do are pretty amazing.

Yes! I mostly follow volleyball (as I do outside the Olympics), gymnastics, swimming and athletics, but any other thing that catches my eye while browsing my TV is fine too. I even watched badminton and fencing the other day and got really excited I don't know why. lol

Anyway, cheering for Brazil, Poland and Bulgaria in men's volleyball and Brazil and Turkey in women's.

Wow, same as you Pandabear. I don't care much for spectator sports like basketball, american football, etc, but the I usually check out the Olympic Games when they're on. I enjoy watching diving, swimming, gymnastics and even badminton. Olympic badminton is epic, but unfortunately I haven't seen any this time around. I hear there was some kinda scandal though and some competitors were disqualified for deliberately throwing matches or something?

I rarely cheer for "certain" athletes or countries, because whoever wins deserves to win. However, I am reserving some special support for Gabby Douglas (US women's gymnastics) since she's from right around where I live!

Really like to watch these games, I guess track and field would be my favorite part but it's fun to watch different events if I feel like it. Also priceless to watch Finnish competitors trying to get medal and be then possibly be celebrated here as hero or something as silly just to be forgotten just as quickly (Finland usually gets like 1-3 medals from these games, so it's actually big thing here if someone manages to make it top3, olympics are really popular event here anyway.)

I love watching the games. Favourite ones to watch for me are basketball, handball, swimming, archery and judo. The Netherlands have about two gold medals, three silver and four or five bronze I believe.

I just enjoy watching. I don't have any sport I particularly watch (except for skiing in the winter Olympics). It's fun to learn about sports I know nothing about...like wtf is going on in water polo lol.

Sign in to follow this