Sign in to follow this  
Ito

Help me come up with a name for my Photography Company!

I am stuck on the last step on setting up my photography business, I need a name!

I have been trying to come up with one for a while now, but I can't seem to come up with anything that I really like or is that fitting.

I have two names in the running:

Vontography

I love this one, it is hilarious, but it is too silly considering I am trying to run a some what serious and profitable business. (my last name is Von Haden if you didn't know)

Recur Photography

This is the only name that I really have come up with so far that I kind of like. The idea behind it was that I was just running with words that relate to photography. Photos are essentially memories and I thought that when ever you look at a photo, the memory image has reoccurs in your mind. Thus came Recur photography. I like it, but I don't love it...and the few people I have told about it for far just seem to not like it at all.

So....any random ideas? XD

Monochrome toaster, ofc.

Or Recur waffles!

But as a person who doesn't speak English in her first language, Vontography sounds nice and different. I don't think there are other businessnames like that, so I think that's really clever.

Photitos! Or Itography!

While I initially was joking about those two, Itography kinda grew on me :P

Vontography sounds pretty good, especially since it works in your name.

Vontography sounds like a normal business name to me, nothing lulzworthy or silly.

Though I second Itography :lol: or Monochrome Toaster Photography

Lol @ Photitos XD

Err, how about Monochrome Haden... (^^;)

I think Vontography would be great if your target customers are acquaintances or neighbors, because that makes your business sound approachable. Actually I think it could work too if you're aiming for doing more.. er.. "high-end"(?) type of business, as long as you write the label "Vontography" in some real classy font/graphic design work. At least for the non-European me, it makes me think of high fashion, lol (^^)

Why not using Photography language?

My suggestions is: Dye Sub.

Dye Sub or Dye sublimination is a printing process where the colour dyes are thermally transferred to the printing media.

The printers use CMYK colour format.

The paper is run in and out of the printer 4 times, once for each colour (C, M and Y)

and a fourth time when a protective overcoat is applied.

Dye sub is continuous tone printing,

it prints tiny square dots each of which is denser in the centre and lighter on the edges.

The dyes are transparent so different coloured dots can be printed

on top of each other to form any one of 16 million colours.

or,

Moiré.

A visible pattern that occurs when one or more halftone screens are mis-registered in a colour image.

Often produces a coloured checkerboard (or rainbow) pattern. :domo:

Sign in to follow this