Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

2012 Releases You're Looking Forward To

Looking forward to Versailles' new single which will determine my feelings for their new album. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to the Kiryu's / Megaromania's new album, UCP's NEXT INNOVATOR's split single, and Moi Dix Mois' / Penicillin's re-recording albums seem interesting as well.

oh and hoping Shinjuku Gewalt and Strawberry Song Orchestra will do something that people without elite asian yakuza trader friends can get too

Everything FULL (SHILFEE AND TULIPCOROBOCKLES/TAFUCA/OCQ/possibly GUNIW TOOLS) will release~

[...]

Tool - New Album

Alice In Chains - New Album

THE HECK??!!!

wow this is gonna be great!

apart from that

crossfaith Zion EP (2012.06.20) (

), (
)

Melvins - The Bulls and the Bees (already out, DOWNLOAD FOR FREEEEEEEEEEE here)

anything boris will come up with (suspecting an indie-rock/pop-rock album)

The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet (already out, great but not as epic as suspected...)

Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis (2012.04.10. yep, that's tuesday...) stream it for freeeeeeeeeeeee here

Mono - New Album (no idea about release-date and title, but i suspect it to be great...)

オワリカラ - G & A and THEラブ人間 - 恋に似ている. I should've received my salary by the end of May, so I'd place these two in an order by then. Looking forward for the new Mono, also.

I don't see how making a huge list with 20+ cds all ordered on release dates and stuff is doing anyone any good. When you arrive at that point you know that music has turned into a disposable item for you.

BAWWW...LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE'S JELLY

You're an idiot. Just because you don't have shit to look forward to, don't go insulting people who are passionate enough about music to be able to construct lists like that.

You know what I said is true, or at least made you think, or you wouldn't react so aggressively.

I would argue that someone who is truly passionate about music doesn't make lists for future releases at all! They explore instead, they're actively looking for music they can listen to NOW. Or listen to music they already know, but love. Making checklists is the exact opposite: passive waiting.

Let's be honest, if someone listens to let's say 20 albums they have on a checklist for a certain month, and the next month they do just the same, how will they have time to enjoy the music of last month? And how many albums will they actually remember at the end of the year? It's the strange desire to always be up-to-date with new releases, while forgetting to enjoy what they actually got.

You may think I'm an idiot, but I'm not sure what that makes you.

You know what I said is true, or at least made you think, or you wouldn't react so aggressively.

Nope. I just feel the need to call out dumb-ass statements when I see them

I would argue that someone who is truly passionate about music doesn't make lists for future releases at all! They explore instead, they're actively looking for music they can listen to NOW. Or listen to music they already know, but love. Making checklists is the exact opposite: passive waiting.

So you just assume that I'm sitting around waiting for new releases instead of actively exploring music or listening to music that I already love? No idea how you came to that conclusion. This thread is about "release you're looking forward to", not about music you already know or have recently discovered. You're more of an idiot than I thought.

Also, it's precisely BECAUSE of the fact that I'm constantly exploring music that I can make lists that may be longer than the norm. Almost every artist/band on my list has released GREAT music within the last decade, so why wouldn't I look forward to their new releases?

OH WAIT, I'M ONLY ALLOWED TO LOOK FORWARD TO 2 OR 3 RELEASES AT A TIME. NO HUMAN HAS THE CAPACITY TO ENJOY MORE THAN A FEW RELEASES AT A TIME. MY BAD

Let's be honest, if someone listens to let's say 20 albums they have on a checklist for a certain month, and the next month they do just the same, how will they have time to enjoy the music of last month? And how many albums will they actually remember at the end of the year? It's the strange desire to always be up-to-date with new releases, while forgetting to enjoy what they actually got.

Yes, let's be honest. First of all - you're exaggerating. I don't know who you're referring to above, but let's get this straight. My list exceeds 20 albums, but spans 2-3 months. For someone like me, that's pretty normal. Hell, I know people who listen to WAAAAY more music than I do and still remember everything they've enjoyed. Maybe you need to meet more music fans outside of the VK/J-rock/Japanese music realm.

You must understand that people perceive and consume music in different ways. I'm someone who happens to consume a large amount of music pretty regularly - you're probably the opposite. And that's ok. There IS no correct way to consume music - everyone has their own methods.

And yes, I DO LIKE to be up to date, but ONLY with the music that I enjoy. The world of music is far too vast to be "up to date" with everything. You must be confusing me with someone who just downloads everything because it's "new". I'm sorry to break it to you, but no, I'm not one of those people.

You don't know me personally, but those who do know that my taste is pretty particular. Half of the shit that I'm interested can't even be found for download, so I have to buy a good amount of the new releases (and old) that I'm interested in. And it's not because these releases are "rare" or "obscure" (some of them are) - it's because there's SHITLOADS of music out there that overseas Japanese music fans have not explored. So most of the time, this stuff doesn't appear online simply because overseas fans just don't know about it. I'm one of the few people that do actually explore and discover new/interesting music. I don't let MH or any forum, community, or music scene define my taste in music - so I'm only "up to date" within my personal realm - I have no idea what new releases everyone else here is enjoying.

You may want to think twice before you judge others for being....I dunno...different?

It seems you're alright with calling someone an idiot who makes "dumb-ass statements" while completely missing the point yourself (which I thought was pretty clear) and piling up a list of either irrelevant or plain ignorant things yourself. And that's funny because you brought the "think twice" thing.

Another funny part is when you claim to be "one of the few people who do explore and discover new/interesting music" and that nothing influences your taste. Everyone is influenced by everything. Perhaps denying this makes you look... independent? And therefore a more passionate music listener in your mind? If that's what you're aiming for... I don't know. That would explain your attitude though!

Well, at least it's clear to me that you're not capable of understanding that some things might not be clear to you.

One day you'll suddenly realize you don't have a long "to-be-released" list anymore. That will be at the same moment when you realize why it could withhold one from enjoying music... more than words could.

OMG, THE IDIOCY JUST WON'T STOP. When did I say that nothing influenced my taste? I said this

I don't let MH or any forum, community, or music scene define my taste in music

Define =/= influence. Yes, many things influence my taste - BUT NO ONE THING DEFINES IT.

I see you're from the Netherlands...maybe you don't quite understand English entirely? Anyways, that's besides the point.

The rest of what you said makes no sense. The length of my "upcoming release-list" has absolutely no bearings on how much I enjoy music. Maybe it does FOR YOU. I dunno. Either way I don't give a shit.

If you read what I posted above instead trying to get the "last word" in, you'd understand. Here, let me quote this for you ONE MORE time:

people perceive and consume music in different ways. I'm someone who happens to consume a large amount of music pretty regularly - you're probably the opposite. And that's ok. There IS no correct way to consume music - everyone has their own methods.

My list is long. Yours is not. I don't see an issue. Keep it movin' man.

One day you'll suddenly realize you don't have a long "to-be-released" list anymore. That will be at the same moment when you realize why it could withhold one from enjoying music... more than words could.

My two cents: I, personally don't feel the need to pile up a huge list of releases - altough I admit, that I like to be up-to-date with what's happening, it's more like a note to myself, that this and that album will come out on this and that date, and this and that album looked or sounded intresting, so I might want to check it out, when it comes out. Yes, my list is long, but personally, I don't feel that it witholds me from enjoying my favourite albums or (re)discovering older gems - actually my favourite album nowdays is the first The Strokes album, and I can't stop listening to it - I don't feel like it witholds me from listening to music or explore new bands/albums during the waiting. To keep the long story short, I have problems with the word 'passive'. I mean, if I'm waiting for example for the new Japandroids album, it won't restrict me from listening music - anything which goes.

If I have many albums for a month - maybe I'll listen to some of the albums only next month, or later. I won't stop my actual favourite album just in order to listen to x or y, because it is such a recent album. I don't think that my long list restricts my from enjoying what I have.

Garbage (May, I think)

have you seen blood for poppies MV? it's good, but not GOOD.

nuuuupe. i don't really watch pvs so i'm waiting for the album lol.

For non-japanese stuff it's a bit difficult.... my interests are kinda all over the place which makes it difficult to follow up on newly announced releases because there's not like one place I could go to to keep up-to-date, like MH for my japanese interests.

that's kinda me too. i have a lot of bands i follow that i have no idea when anything new is released because i don't know where to look. i usually come across it months later lol

as for this "long list" wank, i personally only posted a few releases of note that i'm particularly looking forward to, but i really never write stuff down because there's too much to keep track of, too many bands that i like and i'm always looking for more. and, tbh, i very rarely find anything new and exciting via this forum since it's mostly mainstream vk-ish stuff that gets posted.

My two cents: I, personally don't feel the need to pile up a huge list of releases - altough I admit, that I like to be up-to-date with what's happening, it's more like a note to myself, that this and that album will come out on this and that date, and this and that album looked or sounded intresting, so I might want to check it out, when it comes out. Yes, my list is long, but personally, I don't feel that it witholds me from enjoying my favourite albums or (re)discovering older gems - actually my favourite album nowdays is the first The Strokes album, and I can't stop listening to it - I don't feel like it witholds me from listening to music or explore new bands/albums during the waiting. To keep the long story short, I have problems with the word 'passive'. I mean, if I'm waiting for example for the new Japandroids album, it won't restrict me from listening music - anything which goes.

If I have many albums for a month - maybe I'll listen to some of the albums only next month, or later. I won't stop my actual favourite album just in order to listen to x or y, because it is such a recent album. I don't think that my long list restricts my from enjoying what I have.

Same here. I have a huge list spanning all the way to the last 3 months of 2012 and it is a HUGE list, but I still have the time to enjoy older music. I have all these releases coming up and instead of just waiting, I go back, listen to UVERworld's first album, check out songs that came out in 2007. Nothing can stop me from listening to old songs, not even new ones. Having a long list doesn't stop me from enjoying the gems stored in my iPod, that's merely an individual trait that you clearly have, Des.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to SID's new singles, The GazettE's new album, Dolly's new single, Versailles' album, EAT YOU ALIVE's new single, AND's new single and album, GALEYD's 3 new singles, SuG's album, Mejibray's album, D=OUT's single, SIGNAL's mini album, NEGA's album, A(ACE)'s new album, and 2nd Dyz's new single. (That's just the V-Kei part of my list ;)

Hm, not a whole lot. There's probably a few things I haven't caught wind of because I've been rather out of the loop.

Molice's new album came out a couple days ago but I'm looking forward to listening to that.

Luna Sea - whatever it may be

Anthem - they said they were in the studio again but not banking on a 2012 release. Maybe 2013 . . .

Cinema Staff - they have a major debut EP coming out, hope that's good though

andymori - new album in May I believe.

Melt-banana - I could just be completely full of shit, but i think that they have a sticker on their website that says they are recording again. that will awesome!!

Melt-banana - I could just be completely full of shit, but i think that they have a sticker on their website that says they are recording again. that will awesome!!

God I hope this is true.

Want to add this.

The Faceless - Autothiesm

As I Lay Dying - Awakened

Tamaryn - Untitled. According to their facebook, it's already finished, mixed and mastered. Release date is suppose to be somewhere in October.

Now that I'm getting into BUCK-TICK I'll be looking forward to their album release!

POP MUSIC/HIP HOP/RAP (Western) :

- Lady Gaga

- Cher (new single)

- P!nk (new album)

- XTina (new single)

- AQUA (new single)

- Nelly Furtado (new album)

- Dido (new album)

- M.I.A (new album)

- Missy Elliot (new album)

ROCK/ALTERNATIVE:

- NO DOUBT