Sign in to follow this  
WhatIsYourObjective?

Best live band in your opinion?

So today I was watching Dir En Grey's 05 tour "It Withers and Withers" and it reminded me how amazing they were when I saw them. So I thought, I'd quite like to know you guys opinions.

I want to know:

1. the best live show you've been to

and

2. the best one you've ever seen (be it by internet, dvd etc.)

For me it would be:

1. Enter Shikari with Maximum The Hormone

and

2. X Japan: The Last Live

So it doesn't matter if you live in a place that japanese bands never come to, any country, any genre :)

All jrock bands what I ever watched live was so good.

abingdon boys school at tavastia was so good ,

best act i ever seen and mr. Nishikawa Takanori was so energetic and good show man

from dvd fav jrock live

kagerou. i adore daisuke live ,

dir en grey .

i like oz previous live <3 fav

merry have cool live + gara goes crazy

also kibouya honpo have pretty fun live

edit:

i also like lynch live but a friend of mine told me i hadn't noticed before.

have you notice the drummer? is funny looks very calm/doesn't move a lot XD o_O

Even though I'm not a big fan of Enter Shikari, I have to confess that I love their lives. A friend dragged me to one in Glasgow at a dingy, claustrophobic venue with a roof so low you could jump and punch the ceiling. It was cramped, sweaty, the whole room might as well have been a pit. I love intense/violent lives, where the band dive into the crowd and rock out with their fans. There was strobe lighting, everyone was chanting the lyrics, everyone in the hovel of a livehouse was ordered to come up onstage to dance around with the band. I had a blast and left with no broken bones.

We saw the band in a pub after the show, too, and they were all so friendly, which was cool.

Um. D'espairsRay, of course, are excellent live. I love them equally as much on CD, but the majority will tell you that they are better live. The experience was ruined for me somewhat by silly sixteen year old girls who come to steal spots at the front, molest the band members, and bitch when someone so much as accidentally knocks them from behind or messes up their hair. In my opinion, what makes D'espairsRay lives so brilliant is how much the band get into it, how they interact with the crowd.

I saw Rammstein and it was wild. Then again, I am impressed and dazzled by lights and fireworks. I went to see Bon Jovi with my mum when I was thirteen, which was quite cool. :DUUR: And Katatonia, because the atmosphere is immense and the band and most of their fans are really nice. The amount of utterly chill guys I met at their live is astounding. I wasn't expecting it.

Finally, The Prodigy, who were fantastic, although I did get elbowed in the face that night and drank so much I fell and grew a bruise the size of a beach ball on my shoulder. Alcest and The Gathering were both wonderful live. However, I would have loved to have had the chance to see The Gathering live when Anneke was still with them. Aural Vampire, too, amazing live show.

I expect Blind Guardian to be good next month.

As for favourite live DVDs, D'espairsRay's murder day and LIQUIDIZE, no contest. My billy live DVD, the name of which I can't recall at 12:00am, comes second.

And for the sake of discussion, a couple of bands I didn't enjoy live as much as I thought I would: Plastic Tree and the studs :/ For the studs, though, the fault lies with the fans.

Shit. That got long.

yeah Enter Shikari are good in small places, when I saw them the venue was pretty tiny so it was really close to the crowd with lots of strobing etc.

I agree totally about D'espairs Ray, although I've never seen them live I have seen videos online and they've seemed really good. I've also been to other gigs with annoying fan-girls up front ruining the experience ¬_¬

My brother saw The Prodigy live and said it was the best band he's ever seen, sadly I missed out though I hope to see them one day.

From the bands I've actually seen live "Die Ärzte" were best, lol.

I'm not really counting bands I've only seen on DVD, because I think that's a different story alltogether. If I were to include them, it would probably be BUCK-TICK.

From what I've been to probably Reel Big Fish or Zebrahead. Great, great, great shows.

What I've seen...eight. Just pure awesome, even though they make mistakes.

1. i have been to lives but only in my country (pinoy rock bands)

2. i would say the ROSE TINTED VIEW of D'ERLANGER

I am only going to considers those that I have actually seen live because a DVD live just isn't the same as being there. So because of that it makes this post super short and easy! The only Japanese band I've seen live is DespairsRay and their show was so much fun! So, for me so far they're the best Japanese band I've seen live.

For white folk bands, a local metal band that was an opener for Metal Church was so much fun. We where so exhausted from rocking out to that band that I could barely stay on my feet for Metal Church which was also loads of fun. Unfortunately said opener band broke up a few years ago and I can't remember their name LOL!

concerts i've went to, Slipknot is pure adrenaline pumping. U2 always have the best lighting and concept, especially the Elevation Tour, damn that's so awesome! and Madonna just know how to entertain people on the Drowned World tour.

I agree with The Prodigy as well, it's mad!

From what i've seen, DeG 5 Ugly Kingdom was really awesome. Plus i got to see Kaoru fell on the stage on that very dvd and how he jokes about it after. Not something that we could see everyday. I consider the code of vulgarism as a good one too.

lynch. Bootleg dvd (i think the 2nd one) where Hazuki did a stage dive onto the crowds, that was intense!

Um. D'espairsRay, of course, are excellent live. I love them equally as much on CD, but the majority will tell you that they are better live. The experience was ruined for me somewhat by silly sixteen year old girls who come to steal spots at the front, molest the band members, and bitch when someone so much as accidentally knocks them from behind or messes up their hair. In my opinion, what makes D'espairsRay lives so brilliant is how much the band get into it, how they interact with the crowd.
I fucking know! The concert in Chicago recently had it fair share of fan girls, there was a tiny break in between songs and some of the fan girls were yell ::insert band member's name here:: daisuki! Can't stand that bullshit so I scream "Fuck the fan girls, give us metal!" A lot of the non-fangirls backed me up, was pretty awesome. I ended up knocking around a ton of fan girls during the show, there is no way I wasn't going bat shit during garnet. Herd one of the fat chicks by me during the concert complaining to her friends about it afterwords about it and I told her to shut up, lol. And seriously, D'espairsRay was freakin calm compared to Boris show I saw later in the week.

That said, either D'espairsRay or Russian Circles would get my top vote for bands I have seen live. Completely different feel to their shows, D'espairsRay has so much energy and Russian Circles is pretty much everyone standing there just fucking amazed. I love the fact that during the Russian Circles live they put the drum kit right up front because Dave Turncrantz drumming is almost the star of the show, just absolutely stunning.

That said I can't say I really have experienced a bad concert. The worst maybe was Korn because the sound was just bad, so much so that it ruined most of the performance.

Favorites live DVDs? Either ABS or D'espairsRay?

Yay for D'espa getting so much love :D

Have to agree, they are my favorite liveband too, the songs are just as intense as on the albums played live, some tracks (like KAMIKAZE or HORIZON) are even better live. The impressive thing about there gigs is that they start with full power from the beginning, most bands need some songs to warm up, D'espa go crazy right from the start :D

Other good livebands are Die Apokalyptischen Reiter - guess most people here don't know them, but their shows are really crazy, with an SM-keyboarder chaining up the fans on stage, a rubber dinghy race on the crowd or foam cannons :D Plus the vocalist goes crazy everytime and interacts with the crowd all the time. (If you want to get an impression:

)

Similar to DAR is Saltatio Mortis, a Folk Metal band, i'm not even a big fan of their music, but the vocalist controls the crowd so well that their shows are just awesome. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxX915uew_4 I was there, epic show, sorry for the bad vocal performance of the singer, we was sick that day :D)

Placebo is pretty good live too, Brian always alternates the songs a bit and the overall stage concept is just very impressive.

Best Live DVD would be LIQUIDIZE by D'espairsRay for me, i wish i would have been there :D And i agree that the Last Live of X is pretty amazing.

D'espairsRay is really good live! And so is girugamesh, they have lots of energy.

Best DVD would be Rentrer en Soi's Millenarianism -The War Of Megiddo, that shit is fucking win.

The best shows I've seen up until now are without a doubt Bring Me the Horizon and Parkway Drive at Groezrock (Pits with the size of the whole festivaltent <3)

And Girugamesh, Enter Shikari and Dir en grey indoors. Girugamesh and Enter Shikari always put up lots of parties :P (And the guys are incredibly friendly as well :P)

Dir en grey easily takes the number one spot after seeing them live. Why? Because all the 15- year old fangirls got pulverised and had to leave during the first song. Serves them right! Stop fucking hoarding the spots at the front to just stand still and yell " AISTERYYY ". I really hope most of the ones that had to leave were the people who waited in front of Koko for days. Get life for christ sake. Oh yeah, it's my favourite band so naturally i loved it.

After seeing Bloodbath live in a small tent, i can safely say that they own.

From what I've seen, The Dillinger Escape Plan gives amazing shows.

Dir en grey easily takes the number one spot after seeing them live. Why? Because all the 15- year old fangirls got pulverised and had to leave during the first song. Serves them right! Stop fucking hoarding the spots at the front to just stand still and yell " AISTERYYY ". I really hope most of the ones that had to leave were the people who waited in front of Koko for days. Get life for christ sake. Oh yeah, it's my favourite band so naturally i loved it.
Haha, I thought the same thing :P

Kind of bad to think like that, but they were annoying as hell :s

And yeah, The Dillinger Escape Plan shows are crazy :s I nearly got one of the speakers thrown on my arm once. :s I'm never going to stand up to the front again :P What's so fun about getting squashed to the front bars anyway?

I agree that Bring Me The Horizon do really good shows, when I saw them they encouraged people to crowd surf to the front, the security guards weren't impressed :P

And the same thing happened when I saw Diru, the people up front got totally destroyed during Obscure and The Final.

Best I've actually seen:

1. Boris

2. Moonsorrow

3. Sigh

4. Gallhammer

5. Church of Misery

6. Àsmegin

Best bands I've seen on DVD:

1. Mono

2. Kagrra

3. Merry

4. Envy

Worst I've seen on DVDs (yes, seen several DVDs from these bands:

1. Dir en grey / Gazette

seen;

Girugämesh, so much energy!! awsome

Gackt, its GACKT!!! best voice ever=P

Fact, awsome! energetic and really connects to the audience (i kept singing along with the singer the entire concert, since he saw i knew the lyrics and keeped pushing the mic in my face XD)

not seen:

Merry, Gara is so awsome live!

Maximum the Hormone, ENERGY!!!!

Sign in to follow this