Sign in to follow this  
WhatIsYourObjective?

Best live band in your opinion?

Not that I've seen them (sucks hard), but someone whose DVD's I never tire of would be Merry obviously. Only recently did I remember that they played a couple lives with ミドリ last year. I hadn't listened to ミドリ back then, so it totally didn't register. I know Yuu wants to play with them again some day, so I hope it will happen and I can be there. I think my brain would melt from the awesome.

1. Boris

Damn you have seen Boris live, i'm so jealous :D. Actually they had gig in my country but i couldn't go :/.

But on to topic. Best live band i have seen is Repugnant or Hanoi Rocks both were so awesome!

What i've seen in videos Maximum The Hormone is really great live band and i would love to see them someday!

Of course I have. Anything else would have been retarded. At the time I saw them I wasn't a huge fan of Drone, but they did a lot of droning at the end of the show. But it was MASSIVE! Like a huge fucking knee to your liver.

And of course, they did a lot of the Psychedelic Rock stuff and Stoner. Everything was more or less perfect there. That was also when I realized Atsuo is the most awesome drummer ever! No one can match his groove and awesomeness.

Best band I've seen is easily Dir en grey. Nothing beats their performances. Not just the sound aspect, but the visuals as well.

As for bands I've seen live, it would probably be Within Temptation. Sharon is just awe-inspiring in person. For a DVD, it'd have to be Uchuu Sentai NOIZ. I'm very picky with live dvds and don't usually watch them since they tend to make me fall asleep :( Their lives are so crazy and energetic that I could watch them over and over.

As for the worst band I've seen live though? Dir en grey on their most recent tour. No fault of the band themselves this time though, as the sound in the venue(Albuquerque, NM) was complete shit. Everything was so "muddy" and the volume on the mic was so low that you could barely hear Kyo at all, beyond a few squeals here and there.

Solar Fields is a great live act if you just want to chill.

Tyr is also an amazing live band to see if you want to be metal as fuck.

I think Down is one of the most awesome Non-Japanese bands I've seen live (those riffs! that atmosphere!). From the Japanese ones it has to be either MERRY (energy to the max!) or Miyavi during his KAVKI BOIZ tour (so much fun, and lots of jamming!).

Judging by DVDs, Maximum The Hormone is one pretty amazing band to see live.

Crystal Castles.

Crystal Castles.

Crystal Castles.

Seeing them in October. Can't. Wait.

As for Japanese bands - Vola and The Oriental Machine were incredible, so much energy. Them or Soil and Pimp Sessions. Worst was the Gazette by far, they're fucking awful live. No energy, plus far far more ugly irl.

Non Japanese - I'm From Barcelona, múm and Olafur Arnalds.

Best live I've seen.... D'espairsRay.

As for DVDs:

abingdon boys school

D'espairsRay: Liquidize and SpiralStairCase

Luna Sea: 2007 Reunion

X Japan: Last Live

Kamelot

1.has to be RATM. It's been ten years, and I can still remember how awesome they were.

2.I have a few here: LUNA SEA's One Night Dejavu, Deadman's last live, Hilcrhyme (hahah), MUCC's Houyoku tour, and there was a Merry dvd that was really awesome, but I'm not sure which one it was. Maybe the first Many Merry Days one.

Crystal Castles.

Crystal Castles.

Crystal Castles.

I hope your concert wont get aborted. Quite a few Crystal Castles concerts got already aborted after a few songs, because they are .. dangerous/intense.

Crystal Castles.

Crystal Castles.

Crystal Castles.

I hope your concert wont get aborted. Quite a few Crystal Castles concerts got already aborted after a few songs, because they are .. dangerous/intense.

BMTH dangerous/intense?

LOLOLOLOL

BMTH dangerous/intense?

LOLOLOLOL

u cant read?

i said nothing about bmth.

Mucc!

haven't seen them since Shion though and do not like the new stuff, but still until now the Mucc concerts I went to were the best lives ever!

I think Down is one of the most awesome Non-Japanese bands I've seen live (those riffs! that atmosphere!). From the Japanese ones it has to be either MERRY (energy to the max!) or Miyavi during his KAVKI BOIZ tour (so much fun, and lots of jamming!).

Judging by DVDs, Maximum The Hormone is one pretty amazing band to see live.

I'd like to add the Hungarian bands Blind Myself (hardcore/extreme metal) and Stereochrist (stoner/sludge/doom) to the list. Intense headbanging material!

I've never been to a live, but from the songs I've seen on YouTube of them playing in concerts, it's undeniable to say that RADWIMPS are pretty damn rad.

Seconding that Mucc sentiment. They are amazing. High energy, sound better than their CDs, good crowd interaction.

Honorable mention for Duel Jewel. Even if you find their music boring, they are intense live. It really surprised me.

Sign in to follow this