Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

MERRY new maxi single release

MERRY new maxi single (title not yet finalized) will be released at 2012/05/02 (4 TYPE)

limited edition TYPE A & B (1,890yen each) will include CD (2 songs)+DVD (including scene of their live "NEW LEGEND OF HIGH COLOR「6DAYS」" at LIQUIDROOM ebisu at 2011/11/07-11/13), and regular edition (1,260yen) will include CD (3 songs) only

live-limited edition (1,260yen) released at their live "MERRY 10th Anniversary FINAL @ Zepp Tokyo~Beautiful Freaks A GO GO~" at Zepp Tokyo at 2012/04/30 will include CD (3 songs with different track 3+"ガラオケ(garaoke)") only

http://merryweb.jp/

also still waiting for that 6 dvd release=/

Looking at the bonus DVDs of the two limited editions I think they exchanged the idea of a full-length/proper DVD for these (not that they mentioned it would be a full normal DVD anyway). I hope we'll get some cool songs on there~

So will both limited editions contain live footage from the same show?

It was a 6-night concert series, so I guess each disc will feature different selected songs.

The bonus track on the live-limited is Garaoke, not karaoke. Meaning an acoustic cover by Gara of some famous song. They've been playing such recordings as background music after lives since forever, and have like a million songs recorded, so who knows what it'll be. Hope it's a song by some female artist, he sounds so lovely on those.

And they are definitely still making that proper DVD of 6days, it said in their email that this is just a little thing preceding that, so no worries!

And they are definitely still making that proper DVD of 6days, it said in their email that this is just a little thing preceding that, so no worries!

Awesome then! I'm actually looking forward to that a bit more than this single (at least for now). ^^"

The song title makes me think of a...ballad or some other M.E.R.R.Y.-ish soft song (isn't Gunjou "Navy Blue" in English, right?)

And the presence of Garaoke makes me go all excited because that'd mean a comeback of Under-World style :dansu:

(You might guess my Merry favorites already :mrgreen: )

Promo picture and tracklists are revealed today:

MERRY.png

Limited Edition TypeA (CD+DVD)

[CD]

1. 群青

2. 【collector】

[DVD]

• [*:1v3pjirm]NEW LEGEND OF HIGH COLOR「6DAYS」
    [*:1v3pjirm]9 Songs from 現代ストイックDAY, モダンギャルドDAY,
    [*:1v3pjirm]nuケミカルレトリックDAY

Limited Edition TypeB (CD+DVD)

[CD]

1. 群青

2. 【collector】

[DVD]

• [*:1v3pjirm]NEW LEGEND OF HIGH COLOR「6DAYS」
    [*:1v3pjirm]10 Songs from PEEP SHOW DAY, M.E.R.R.Y.DAY,
    [*:1v3pjirm]アンダーワールドDAY

Regular Edition (CD-only)

1. 群青

2. 【collector】

3. メランコリー

^ Well. That was pretty boring. Sounds kinda like a Beautiful Freaks throwaway...

I miss the times when I was more excited for their new stuff. :( Their recent music is mostly just like "hey let's get one of the guitars do some boring rhythm stuff, and the other one will go all fiddley-diddley without any catchy melody...oh and the rest of you guys can do just whatever you want as long as it's in 4/4 and pop-rock" ...meh.

Yeah, it was played in the niconico radio show thing yesterday. Gotta admit this is the least excited I've been over a Merry song in... well ever. I'm happy they're happy, but I don't want the music to get too happy. And Gara's clearly been listening to too much 鴉 for his own good.

But according to people who've been to the pre-listening events they've held, [collector] is more メリー and the other two songs are Nero's, so I'm looking forward to those. I love his songs.

No, it was a band effort during the tour with lynch. apparently. I just mean the sung melody, he's the one who thinks of those. And [collector] is Yuu's doing.

Sign in to follow this