Sign in to follow this  
Manic

Unkown / underrated / not so well-known VK bands~

I'd like to introduce the not so well-known visual kei bands. Usually these bands don't have contract with any label, and they put their songs on youtube, that people can listen. Some of the bands have some single, which are may available at some shop, but mostly their stuffs are hard to get buy, if you're overaseas fan (they are my guilty pleasures)

I hope, you will listen them, and think: "oh yeah, they aren't bad, pretty listanebale" - well, then i'll be happy :D

============================================================

Kochou no yume

Kochou no yume formed in 2011 April by ex-Rugia(g)Gram members. Interesting, they have 2 vocalist! I can't wait to hear them *o*

Their sample could be listening on their official youtube channel. Sounds like a touhou-genre game, isn't ?

Members:

Vo.: Reika

Vo.: Nao

Gu.: Ruri

Gu.: Mel

Ba.: Miu

OHP

Official YouTube channel

BCmASFWjAYE

Levia

levia_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Levia formed in 2010, and released their first single (Fairly Scale) on 7th July 2010. Their 2nd single (wich was live distibuted only T_T) released on 28th September 2011, and their 3rd single will be released on 2011 Winter.

Members:

Vo.: Kousei

Gu.: YO-

Dr.: TAMO

Staff blog

OHP

Official YouTube channel

Their singles could be listening on their YT channel btw

A song of their first single

_Ta-sQn1Sd8

(hard riffs/solo - oshare eastethic vocal - me gusta)

A song of their econd single

hHhtNFgF_Mo

nice song~ ^^

MARIO † CHILD

1418461levia_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

They music style is similiar to Moi dix Mois/Lacroix Despheres/Sito Magus~ (deep vocal like Gackt/Juka, organ, synth, aristocracy look~). I don't have too many info about them, they formed in 2008, led by guitarist Mogu, and Vocalist Micaiah. They have so many mini album btw. I don't know how popular this band, but they are active now, so...

OHP

Official YouTube channel

Q52UyJoYIFY

Ranmal

0ranmal_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Ranmal is a five-piece visual kei band, formed in 2010, they are led by vocalist Pu-ta (yes, she's a girl). They first demo was released on 4th June 2011, and their first single on 8th October 2011.

Members:

Vo.: Puta

Gu.: Rion

Gu.: 蓮火

Ba.: Kei

Dr.: Tsubaki

OHP

Official YouTube Channel

-gOhwIcXDBA

SIVA LIZE

sivalize_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Siva Lize is the new band of vocalist SEIK (ex-C'yga-St.LAY), formed in January 2011, and held their first gig at Nishikujou BRAND NEW at 2011/02/08.

Their first single "GILTY/Semishigure" was released on August 30. 2011. Random fun fact: Look wich bands/singers do the members like (fortunately (?) their music doesn't sound like Eminem/Gaga)

Members:

Vo.: SEIK

Gu.: KENZO

Gu.: NARAKAI

Ba.: 斗-Hakaru-

Dr.: CANTA

OHP

Official YouTube channel

KmEDK7C5FsA

ピーカーブゥ

kAt6HveXbz1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

ピーカーブゥ (peek a boo) is a visual kei band,, which formed on May 11th and had their first live on June 27th

BTW members have a session band, called TATSUKI

Members:

Vo.: Tetsuhito

Gu.: Yuuna

Gu.: Tatsuki

Ba.: Tama (she's a girl)

OHP

Official YouTube channel

gUy1h3lzco0

Domestic

1_top_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Members:

Vo.: Hayato

Gu.: Fuyumi

Ba.: Shou

Dr.: Yuhi

Members blog

OHP

Official YouTube channel

Rl5FKxkXMck

Shiva

Neverland_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Shiva formed in 2010 (i think), and released 3rd mini~ They are pretty good, the vocalist has nice voice, just listen to their 3rd minis preview

Members:

Vo.: Hashiki

Gu.: Kaoru

Ba.: Yuuki

Dr.: Shige

OHP

M2ZzGsy7ruY

I try not to knock neo visual kei even though I don't follow the scene anymore and have had quite the change of heart...but none of these bands do it for me, sorry. New bands have got to be on the level of A to make me care.

The off-chance that a band just as good as A may pop up here is the only reason why I haven't locked this topic.

Levia has pretty impressive guitar work. And I didn't know they had a second single, so thanks for posting about them!

I couldn't really get into the other stuff you posted, but I'll give some credit to ピーカーブゥ. There's just enough weirdness that makes me a little intrigued about them. It's kind of creepy, yet catchy; a little bit like early Aicle. "Not bad", haha.

But lol at Ranmal vocalist being named "Puta".

theres already a thread for this viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7985

I don't think so, these bands are so crappy d:

The off-chance that a band just as good as A may pop up here is the only reason why I haven't locked this topic.

Well, thanks xD

I don't know, i can show u some band, that you'll like... :D

MARIO†CHILD is just ridiculous though: do all their songs sound like this? :lol: I mean, vocals and some cheap-ass MIDI? xDDD

Yeah, they always use this cheesy sounds, but that's okay for me xD

Hmm.. well, what did you think about 2nd Awake?

2ndawa_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

The vocalist was a formerly singer of WERKMARE, the concept is similiar to WM (i mean the militaristic theme~), but this isn't sound so heavy

Their first full-lenght album samples could be listening their OHP

X-Xyudars-III look awful, that's true, but they sound cool (in my opinion). Anyway, they disbanded in last month, i think~

xyu_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

RaICTAxMij4

OHP (if the youtube link doesn't want to work - cuz' that's unlisted... o.O)

I couldn't really get into the other stuff you posted, but I'll give some credit to ピーカーブゥ. There's just enough weirdness that makes me a little intrigued about them. It's kind of creepy, yet catchy; a little bit like early Aicle.

I thought of this too, but at their current state i can only disregard them, but who knows what they will evolve into. I'd love a new Aicle that's not like the new Aicle :D

This just reminded how the Aicle before last album ( though it had some of their best material that were already released as singles ) destroyed everything in the scene at the time. RIP

I think SLOD could fit into this thread. They're one of those pop-rock groups with a slight dramatic edge. They also have a heavy "japanese" sounding song, though. They seemed decent, but I think I remember trombe posting that their vocalist had left, so...

Also, like some of these others, they have a lot (if not all) of their songs on youtube.

SLOD

Vo. Kaito

Gt. HIRO

Ba. RYOYA

Dr. 優太

myspace

-gFtDycT7_Q

G-PV6cS9Qlc

8zRTl1m5xbw

====================================================

Also, I'm actually looking forward to these newcomers, The Raid. The band seems to have mostly new members, so I'm surprised they sound so polished already (not to mention the nice budget for their first PV). I think they'll get popular pretty fast. To be honest though, this style of band has a tendency to get repetitive/generic very easily and incorporate lots of ill-fitting rapping parts (see ViViD). The drummer worries me with his visor, haha, but the fact that he's from Madiedour kind of gives me hope. Hoping they'll be good!

The Raid.

Vo. 星七

Gu. bo-ya (ex-яe:sK)

Gu. 祐太

Ba. 庵

Dr. 一陽 (ex-Madieduor)

OHP

A3mhWoLsq0M

FzGAo58CNAQ

Part of the reason why I never check new VK bands out is because they just give up so quickly. I'll come back in a few months and if either of those bands hasn't disbanded I'll check something by them out.

I think SLOD could fit into this thread.

Yey, i never heard of them before, thanks for showing, i really like them ^^

I think they'll get popular pretty fast.

This :mrgreen:

BTW, bo-ya was the (support) guitarist of Kitiku Ikka ^^

D'sko is a new band, formed in 2011 September by the ex-members of MELLISSA (wich was an oldschool band, so this oshare esthetics name/look is a little bit weirdo, but whatever)

disco_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Their live-distributed single (極彩地底パラダイス - Gokusaichitei Paradise) will be released in 2011.11.11, and the preview could be listening through their OHP/officical YouTube Channel.

Well.. the rap line totally sounds like Lupo Label/SEED, but the vocal is.. kinda creepy. But i looking forward tp them. :D

Members:

Vo.: -Sito- (ex-C-class, ex-Veronica, ex-MELISSA)

Gt.: HISAKI (ex-CalcoBrena, ex-MerCurius, ex-Rucid, ex-haunted (Vo.), MELISSA (Gt.))

Ba.: -Tera- (ex-VALQUR, ex-KiraLez, ex-La'teratool, ex-6→7 (as Takumi))

Dr.: KARUTO (ex-SIVA, ex-haunted, ex-Valls, ex-MELISSA)

H9omuvSywMg

OHP

Official YouTube channel

Related thread

Great topic! Gonna check a few of these out!

After listening to them i'm not surprised alot of them are unknown.

I liked Shiva and Levia though, they sound great, the rest are meh!

@fitear1590: The Raid, i can get their single from a friend of mine next week.

@Senedjem: WFT was that! xD. Please put it back where you found it, lol.

EDIT: Where can i buy that Shiva mini album "NEVERLAND" it sounds freaking awesome.

Guest Magatsu

Shiva is for me the best band in this Topic.

All other bands.. no thank you.

To much cuteness and not.. my taste of music. haha XD

EDIT: Where can i buy that Shiva mini album "NEVERLAND" it sounds freaking awesome.

I'm looking on: Yesasia, CDjapan, Brand-x, Closet Child... but i found nothing ._.

Senedjem: dafuq is this ? xDDDD

Oh man I am going to contribute SO MUCH to this topic now that I've noticed it. Also those bands listed in the OP are great! By the way Levia I know for long time because two members are ex SEVEN SEAS :)

The usual bla bla~

DEAR is a new band formed in early 2011. They relaesed their first single "DEAREST" in 13. Januar. They look like SuG (and the vocalist called Takeu OMFapfapfap!), and sound similar to them... i dunno~ But i like them D:

DEAR-gp01_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Members:

Vo.: 毅-takeru-

Gu.: shiki

Gu.: Hiroya

Ba.: yoshitaka

Dr.: show

Pght2g-BI5c

OHP

Official YouTube channel

The usual bla bla~

DEAR is a new band formed in early 2011. They relaesed their first single "DEAREST" in 13. Januar. They look like SuG (and the vocalist called Takeu OMFapfapfap!), and sound similar to them... i dunno~ But i like them D:

DEAR-gp01_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Members:

Vo.: 毅-takeru-

Gu.: shiki

Gu.: Hiroya

Ba.: yoshitaka

Dr.: show

Pght2g-BI5c

OHP

Official YouTube channel

um...im not really sure about his...voice... o.o

Love 2nd Awake even though they're more trance-rock than Anarchist Records punk like Werkmare was.

Endorphin:

Ex-Baiser's vocalist's band after Baiser. Rather similar with a lot of songs sounding like the leftovers of a lot of their popular songs (Angel, Prism, etc) with a lot more crazy electronic stuff going on. They also continued with their creepy mechanical apocalypse thing that Baiser experimented with on songs like "Mechanixx" with song names like "Junk DNA" and album art consisting of intricate gears and shit. You may or may not notice some subtle early Rentrer en Soi similarities: that's because Yukari (vocals) was their producer up until around their first album or so. Apparently there is only one picture of them on the internet, but they were only around for 2 mini-albums and one single. Also, there only seems to be one song of them on youtube. Fixing that right now:

LnhEKSeN6SQ

izQZM6a6hrk

ogZy7OdQLLM

^ I've always wanted to check them out, but never really got around to it. They sound pretty good, thanks for recommending! :) Especially that intro was awesome - same harsh industrial stuff mixed with fuzzy VK feeling, cool! Now I'm gonna track down their stuff...

Sign in to follow this