Sign in to follow this  
Manic

Unkown / underrated / not so well-known VK bands~

I gonna try to get the SHIVA s albums and what ever they have... i have a contact person, and I will see her at christmas... maybe she can get some stuff from them at japan

wuwuwuuw

lets pray together guys xD

^ I've always wanted to check them out, but never really got around to it. They sound pretty good, thanks for recommending! :) Especially that intro was awesome - same harsh industrial stuff mixed with fuzzy VK feeling, cool! Now I'm gonna track down their stuff...

Shouldn't be that hard: I found them in the discography section here :)

Oh yeah, Endorphine has some really nice song, but i prefer Baiser ^^

Saaam-chan: hope you can get your own copy~ ^^

This band is a funny one (or an another neovkshit?). Their name is Vanguard Sonic.

wts_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

1434205061_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Members are:

Vo / Piano.: Pinksama

Gu / rap.:Shirokun

Gu.: Kuroto

Ba / Vo.: Ashito

Dr.: -yui-

You can listen two songs of their YouTube channel:

dCpg33SyEG4

oW8wVrW4LCs

OHP

Vale,

Vale, is still demo band, they released song "The armoury" for free in their OHP some time ago. Maybe someone has already heard from them since there are some plays in last.fm at least. There are some things I don't like this song, like how clean vocals are there for example but band doesn't sound all that bad really, might be kinda heavy for someone though.

dJELB2n9k0U

Vale,

Vale, is still demo band, they released song "The armoury" for free in their OHP some time ago. Maybe someone has already heard from them since there are some plays in last.fm at least. There are some things I don't like this song, like how clean vocals are there for example but band doesn't sound all that bad really, might be kinda heavy for someone though.

dJELB2n9k0U

lynch. fanboys? :mrgreen:

Art.s.Note

The style is pretty similar the other bands I posted, haha, but I think Art.s.Note is probably my favorite of the three. Good vocalist and dramatic/catchy music. They have two releases so far, the "心模様" single and the "Style of Art" mini album. My favorite song is probably the first song in the second video, "僕の証".

OHP

z68HRi227a0

K7nQW-fTYs8

I'd recommend LOVEJUNKIE, they don't have many listeners (currently 54 listeners on Lastfm)

At first they were a band:

lovejunkie2011.png

however in 2011 all band members left the vocalist and he started a solo-project, still under the bands' name ''LOVEJUNKIE''.

This is their first and last release as a band:

5MBuVeiJdvQ

lovejunkievc.png

And here he started as a solo project with his first solo-single: ''Alone''

RKFi12Cfoa8

*Both releases are available through Itunes & Hearjapan, it would be great if anyone can support this band (they don't even have much plays on youtube :butwry: , except their ''the GazettE cover songs)

the GazettE cover ''Hyena''

zHJbq54sYBQ

:rawk:

For underground Jrock bands, it's real hard to find a good and unique one. The majority, which I assume, are just there to make money and put effortless catchy songs. I can't find any bands that don't want to become sellouts. Can anyone tell me some good non typical Jrock band?

@Heroin, I don't know if you'll find what you're looking for here.

If I understood correctly, the OP mainly created this thread to highlight some really unknown/underrated visual kei bands, with the intent of showing that some of these bands are "aren't bad, [but] pretty listenable." So I guess, trying to dispell the idea that every indie VK band is "crappy" (there's a thread for that too, haha).

If you want to discover more Japanese underground/indie bands in general (as in, not just limited to visual kei), then you should refer to the Japanese Indie Thread. Or you can ask for recommendations in the Music Recommendations Thread.

yeah it was a pretty bad idea to post requests when clearly there are other threads more suitable in my subject. Sorry hopefully won't happen again :)

yeah it was a pretty bad idea to post requests when clearly there are other threads more suitable in my subject. Sorry hopefully won't happen again :)

:oops: I'm sorry if my reply came off as mean. I was just trying to be helpful, haha. No worries!

===============================================

Btw, this band definitely belongs here!

朱鷺-toki-

OHP

Myspace (More samples here)

They have a really refreshing sound. Kind of old-school influenced with great atmosphere. Maybe comparable to MUNIMUNI?

Check them out!

HbpLlQK-z8A

YOcEO9s8cbU

It's fine :)

Hmm since I did not contribute to the subject I guess I'll do that right now.

I don't know if they're still considered angura kei but they are the best that I could think of. They're also my top favorite band. Really amazing band.

zHfoagETOp0

Also Fitear I love that song that you posted by I believe is called Toki ?? Kinda does remind me of Munimuni

Heehee here is a band for Heroine! They're Angura and they're pretty catchy ^^

They are called ヱレキテル式 (Elektel Shiki) which was formed in October 2010! Members are:

Vo:黒蜜

Gu:アカツキ

Ba:夏目ラミド

tTw13VswggA

Heehee here is a band for Heroine! They're Angura and they're pretty catchy ^^

They are called ヱレキテル式 (Elektel Shiki) which was formed in October 2010! Members are:

Vo:黒蜜

Gu:アカツキ

Ba:夏目ラミド

tTw13VswggA

Whoa! Just whoa. Hah

This band is like The Candy Spooky Theater meeting heroin! I like it :D

The song is all bi- polar.

excuse me while I blow everything in this thread out of the water

lkuvM73SISk

lol

wait, is this TRICKY guy the same as RICKY?? Because I know that RICKY is pretty underground and he's a solo artist... and glowing rings are also his thing, oh that's definitely him right?

Here we go with my favorite band!

サンドイッチで120分?

Members are

Vo: 松岡レタス

Gu: 竹村ハム

Ba:森川ツナ

They are one of the unusual bands you don't see everyday O w O Oh...Eiji's lyrics are very...melancholic? Don't be fooled by the appearance! > w <

NSWrWo9Lc6U

Sandwich+de+120+pun.jpg

To me llll-Ligro- is one of the most underrated bands I've discovered lately. Their music is GORGEOUS.

j7_C-o5LMGM

Oh, not too shabby, I'd be interested to hear more. Can you recommend a good release to try out first?

To me llll-Ligro- is one of the most underrated bands I've discovered lately. Their music is GORGEOUS.

j7_C-o5LMGM

Oh, not too shabby, I'd be interested to hear more. Can you recommend a good release to try out first?

I'd pretty much recommend every single song they've released so far XD and since they have uploaded a few previews on their youtube account you can check those out anytime

http://www.youtube.com/user/llll20101219

Anyway, their mini-album HOLLOW is probably my favorite release so far so I'd highly recommend you that one!

Love 2nd Awake even though they're more trance-rock than Anarchist Records punk like Werkmare was.

Endorphin:

Ex-Baiser's vocalist's band after Baiser. Rather similar with a lot of songs sounding like the leftovers of a lot of their popular songs (Angel, Prism, etc) with a lot more crazy electronic stuff going on. They also continued with their creepy mechanical apocalypse thing that Baiser experimented with on songs like "Mechanixx" with song names like "Junk DNA" and album art consisting of intricate gears and shit. You may or may not notice some subtle early Rentrer en Soi similarities: that's because Yukari (vocals) was their producer up until around their first album or so. Apparently there is only one picture of them on the internet, but they were only around for 2 mini-albums and one single. Also, there only seems to be one song of them on youtube. Fixing that right now:

LnhEKSeN6SQ

izQZM6a6hrk

ogZy7OdQLLM

augh i wish i'd known about this...im sure they're disbanded )':

Marusa, Aurora, and Gechena seem pretty underrated to me. I love these bands mainly because of the vocalists, although the music was still mostly great imo. Although out of those three Gechena wins... Luckily Sora is still around :/

augh i wish i'd known about this...im sure they're disbanded )':

If you're referring to 2nd Awake, they are actually still active and took about a year or so off from making music. iirc, they have a new release coming up soon.

But if you're referring to Endorphine, they're long gone.

Sign in to follow this