Sign in to follow this  
Merlin Coryell

I think I'm gonna cry.... :D

:DUUR:

I've been getting into Asian Metal and Rock for a few years now, and have recently really been digging into some of the faster, more interesting stuff to drum along to like Concerto, Sex Machineguns, and Versailles.

Being in Oregon, I have had a HELL of a time finding any material though, I had some random stuff downloaded from 2008, and have managed to scrape up CDs from X Japan, Moi dix mois, hide, and one or two others, but cant bring myself to order imports from Amazon at $40-70 a pop...

Then I found Heaven, quite literally. Now, I havent been home long enough to actually snag any of the great music available in the downloads section, but seeing things like Tang Dynasty, Sex Machineguns, and Hizaki Grace, which are only the beginning of what Ive been seeking makes me feel like crying and jumping like a little child.

I want to thank you all for forming this community, and for taking the time to help share and spread the music of these talented artists. I will certainly add everything I have to the library soon!

Thanks again all!

Merlin Coryell \m/ lnll

http://www.facebook.com/merlincoryelldrums

http://www.reverbnation.com/merlincoryell

PS: Any musicians in the Eugene-Portland, OR area seeking to start or continue J-Rock/Metal, or other metal projects can certainly contact me for a drum or two... or 15... :mrgreen:

Well what I didnt pirate in my college days I scored at a local Import Shop at a mall in Portland. They had a large cache of random JPop and VK stuff, and I wish I had grabbed up more because its almost all gone and they dont plan to restock. I figure it was from a trip there a while back.

Scored 1 or 2 Moi dix Mois albums, Im pretty sure I have a Gazette somewhere, X Japan Fan Picks, hide Psyence tour, Kagerou, and Miyavi.

I do love Visual Kei style, I would likely marry Hizaki if I could, and got into Mana's stuff, Nightmare, Exist Trace, and other similar artists. But honestly Im fairly green to it all. I cant say I like it all though, the music has to float on its own before the VK stuff can appeal to me. I like Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, and pretty much any of the others, so long as they rock. :bunny:

Im huge into Prog and Speed metal. Im pretty much shopping around for all metal that isnt pure death. That said, I cant get into DEG, Cthonic, Sigh, and the like. I do love death vocals when mixed in though, hence I adore Exist Trace, and other bands Eastern and Western that mix up the vox styles.

If its something energetic, and especially if I can let loose on the drumkit to it, Im game. For other music I like some of these, but its only the tip of the iceberg to be sure!

Dream Theater, Symphony X, DragonForce, Mastadon, Amon Amarth, Dethklok, Concerto Moon (CN), Tang Dynasty(CN), Spring Autumn(CN), Illusion (CN), Seraphim (TWN), Jeff Loomis, Mirage (CN?) Powerglove, and the list goes way, way on...

Im also way too into Asian horror and action movies; ever since being introduced to the Ring series back in 2003. Ive got a decent little collection of some of the best from Japan, Korea, and China and hope to expand the collection although Im increasingly happy with how much Netflix is adding.

And in what I am seeing is the trend of all things "J", I can offer my blood type and favorite foods. Also, if it matters, I am a cat guy. :3

Thanks for the welcome all, I truly look forward to learning more from all you adorable people.

Interesting. You certainly do have a more refined taste than a lot of the first timers that show up here. I have a feeling you can contribute quite a bit ;D

Glad to have to you here! It always feels great to have a new member that really has some personality.

Also, if it matters, I am a cat guy. :3

We'll have to let him know :D

:wat:

You better leave our FAB. kitty-CAT alone or kai and i will take care of you.....oh, and WELCOME TO MH!

Dream Theater, Symphony X, DragonForce, Mastadon, Amon Amarth, Dethklok, Concerto Moon (CN), Tang Dynasty(CN), Spring Autumn(CN), Illusion (CN), Seraphim (TWN), Jeff Loomis, Mirage (CN?) Powerglove, and the list goes way, way on...

I like you, lets be friends! :)

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I like you, lets be friends! :)

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Done and done. :hug:

One of our Global Moderators is named "CAT5." He's okay, I guess, and everyone just refers to him as "Cat." :3

Anyway, welcome!

Just okay!!!??? pfffffft....

ANYWAYS, welcome aboard matsukare88! I hope you enjoy it here! :domo:

You should feel honored, not one new member got so many mods and admins in his greeting topic. And you even got the almighty CAT5. I'd be more polite if I were you >: (

You should feel honored, not one new member got so many mods and admins in his greeting topic. And you even got the almighty CAT5. I'd be more polite if I were you >: (

And you should check your sarcasm detector! :spin:

I assure you anything rude, crude, inflammatory, or otherwise perplexing I say will be done so with the utmost jest. :hug2:

I assure you anything rude, crude, inflammatory, or otherwise perplexing I say will be done so with the utmost jest. :hug2:

You're classy. I APPROVE! :D

As long as you don't sound like a douche I approve as well. For references to the worddouche, search for Mono2, Lulz4Chan and ohaiitzwill

Sign in to follow this