Sign in to follow this  
X-Marc

the GazettE - Toxic

so lets kick it off

i am very suprised how good this album is!

1 INFUSE INTO intro, nutting special=p

2 VENOMOUS SPIDER'S WEB 8/10 catchy, nice song to kick the cd off

3 SLUDGY CULT 8/10 love the song! really sticks in your head! love it

4 RED 7/10 already liked this song, nothing to add

5 THE SUICIDE CIRCUS 8/10 awsome song! i didnt listen to any previews, so i was really suprised how it sounded, really good imo

6 SHIVER 4/10 didnt like this song as a single, still dont like it, i dont really like anime intro songs=p

7 MY DEVIL ON THE BED 9/10 awsome song! love their heavier songs and this one was no exception

8 UNTITLED 8/10 normally im not that into ballads but this one really kept my attention

9 PLEDGE 6/10 dont really like it, but dont hate it either

10 RUTHLESS DEED 810 It reminded me at first somehow of 13Stairs[-1], also creepy, atmospheric, with a cool chorus

11 PSYCHOPATH 8/10 Nice song, sort of sounds like the new Discharge

12 VORTEX 9/10 Just love this song so much

13 TOMORROW NEVER DIES 8/10 really like it, has some nice changes in the song

14 OMEGA an outro, what'ya expect=p

Overall 8.5/10

much much much better then expected, will put this on my mp3 player now so i can keep listening to it all week(H)

I am surprised as well too. I am shocked, but in a positive way :D I didn't like the singles, so I didn't have much hope for this release... A nice surprise. My favourite ones are RUTHLESS DEED, PSYCHOPAT and MY DEVIL ON THE BED. It's really good, definitely better than DIM. I enjoyed a lot listening to it and I'll put in on my iPod too!

Overall, I'd give a 7/8.

I can't believe I'm saying it...but...

I liked DIM more than this = =.

Favorite song was probably THE SUICIDE CIRCUS, albeit it's screaming to me agony part 2.

Second favorite albeit a generic ballad was UNTITLED. RUTHLESS DEAD had potential...

The rest I just can't bring myself to care about.

I may give it another listen, but somehow... to me, they keep going downhill.

/Below Average

Writing this review while listening for the third time.

INFUSE INTO - NEEDS MOAR WOBWOBWOB. Whoever composed this intro needs to be shot in the foot. This is their worst intro to date, and probably one of the worst intros I've ever heard on the albums I've listened to. 3/10

VENOMOUS SPIDER'S WEB - After that awful intro, the second track actually starts off the way I expected it too. Electronic sounds and auto-tune. That small intro is pretty good and I like the distorting guitar. After that it turns into absolute rubbish. 4.5/10

SLUDGY CULT - This is a little bit better than the previous song, but that doesn't say much, saying as the previous one was pretty damn awful as well. There is absolutely nothing special going on here and it's just a really bad filler track. 5/10.

RED - I don't hear any differences, no matter how many times they say it's a remake. Well RED is a good song, only the chorus could've used more work, like said on the single review. 6.5/10

THE SUICIDE CIRCUS - For me this was one of the weaker previews, but hearing the full version I think it's better and more original than all the other stuff I've heard until now on this album. Apart from the little bass solo in SLUDGY CULT I keep wondering where the hell Reita was during the recording of this album. One problem: heard it once, heard it all. Can't stand this one any more, just too whiny. 6/10

SHIVER - I don't have much to say about this song. I liked it on the single, like it here. Standard but good, fun song. 7.5/10

MY DEVIL ON THE BED - Why does this intro remind me of SADS' GOTHIC CIRCUS? First time I actually hear Reita. The female vocals should've been left out, they don't fit the song at all. The whole SEX ANDU MASTURBATION thing really sounds awkward and I just don't believe it. 5/10

UNTITLED - Reall really bad ballad, it tries to be like a DIM ballad, but it fails, it's nothing compared to DISTRESS & COMA, Guren and Nakigahara. 2/10

PLEDGE - I hated it when it came out, but compared to UNTITLED it's actually worth something. Of course, compared to their other ballads, it's not as good. Big problem is the length, it should've been shorter. They shouldn't have put two ballads behind each other (especially when you only have two on an album). 4.5/10

RUTHLESS DEED - This was the preview I really wanted to hear the full version off, since I thought it sounded like it could be on DIM. The whole song is kind of...disappointing compared to what I was expecting. I expected something amazing but it's just as crappy as the rest of this so-called album. 5.5/10

PSYCHOPATH - Already guessed from the preview that this wouldn't be my piece of cake. And it isn't. It gets worse every time I listen to it. Dafuq is this shit like really. 2/10

VORTEX - Great beat, nothing original, but fun none the less. My favourite out of the singles. 8/10

TOMORROW NEVER DIES - Expected a lot from the preview, but I'm missing that awesome chorus. Compared to other finishing songs (Chizuru, DIM SCENE) this is kind of...bad. It would've been better if all the Engrish in the pre-chorus and chorus would've been left out. If I want to hear bad English, I'll go listen to Nightmare. DON'T KILL YOURSELFFFFF 5/10

OMEGA - EVEN MOAR WOBWOBWOB. So much for your other foot. 3/10

The only songs I will replay are SHIVER and VORTEX. Those were singles. I will never ever listen to this album again, forget it ever happened and now focus on DIVISION.

A short one:

1. Infuse Into - nice dubstep starter! I suppose someone of them listens to either Skrillex or Rusko 9/10

2. Venomous Spider's Web - A beginning sounds pretty Marilyn Manson-ish - and there we go, IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAOS-ish guitars moving on, Ruki doing those same-ish choruses...umm 7/10

3. Sludgy Cult - I can sense some strong Sads-ish vibes here, and for that reason, I like it! Better than the previous track, but a disappointment if compared to Hyena and alike. 8/10

4. Red - yes, this follows the basic *generic* song recipe but the riff is so goddamn catchy and it's just fittingly...compact. I am also not opposed to the chorus at all. I didn't notice any differences in *this version*, better mixing perhaps? 8/10

5. The Suicide Circus - the structure of this kinda reminds me of Filth in the Beauty (compare: synth-y verses >< poppy verses in FitB) - but yet still, I am not opposed to rapping nor bridge, but that chorus is...nothing special 7/10

6. Shiver - I wouldn't say that this sounds like an anime song (only because of Naitomea? Don't make me laugh) -it's like their "hats off" to Luna Sea's post-Mother Style + Regret-ish parts, and for that reason, I like it. Yet still, no differences in this version. 9/10

7. My Devil on the Bed - no, Gazette, no more Marilyn Manson-ish songs ever again please! Chorus is kinda okay but...yeah, I have mentioned it earlier. Cheerleaders (that sound like "mObscene"-girls) kinda ruin this song. 7/10

8. Untitled - Guren meets pop ballads, do I have to say more? Easily forgettable. 5/10

9. Pledge - basic drama opening ballad - would have given this 8/10 (I have reviewed this earlier, haven't I?) but it just simply sucks after the tragedy called Untitled 6/10

10. Ruthless Deed - sounds like a nice Nega number, wouldn't have expected this from them! Funnily enough, Ruki sounds like Hyde during distorted vocal parts :lol: but yeah, it's kinda okay song - nothing more to add. 8/10

11. Psychopath - Discharge's long lost brother! Sounds better than it though, almost. 7/10

12. Vortex - a nice single song, I think I have reviewed this earlier too so I will give this 9/10 ps. nice solo Uruha! 9/10

13. Tomorrow Never Dies - paraparaparaparapara anthem again? Chorus sounds nice but it's out of place (changing from Bm to G#/A# just like that, seriously?) - imagine if Gazette would have to cover a parapara-oshare song, what would happen then? Listen to this. 5/10

14. Omega - ...bland outro is bland 4/10

Conclusion: worse than DIM and Disorder, worse than SR and equal to NIL

7/10

I came straight home from work and went right here hoping it was already up. I'm happy! Here are my first listen impressions:

01. INFUSE INTO - eh. I don't really care for instrumentals. Dub Step though...hmm...

02. VENOMOUS SPIDER'S WEB - very catchy track! Just the type of energy needed to kick the CD off. Chorus is kind of weak though. 3/5

03. SLUDGY CULT - Lost interest after about a minute in 1/2. It basically repeats itself from there. I like the chorus better in this song though. Probably a track won't stick with me too long to be honest. Only thing fun to me about this song is the chorus. 2.5/5

04. RED - Didn't really care for it as a single. I think they went back in and rerecorded this. The instrumentals seem to flow better together as if they re-leveled them or something. Other than that, nothing I could hear really too new. I like this song now for some reason though. 3.5/5

05. THE SUICIDE CIRCUS - Was awe struck when I first heard it. After listening to it 5000 times, it's lost its effect, but I still love it. Especially that Linkin Park "Papercut" sounding part (listen to the end of "Papercut" then listen to around 1:00min on "Suicide Circus"). Really cool sounding song. 4/5

06. SHIVER - Once again, some leveling things I believe. Unlike Red though, I'm still not a fan of this song. 2/5

07. MY DEVIL ON THE BED - Yeah! Back to the new stuff! Awesome intro to this song. Very eerie sounding. Not sure how I feel about Ruki's vocals in this song are really weird to me. I don't think I like them too much. I do like the screams and the chorus is awesome! I HEAR LADIES AND I LOVE LADIES! Reita solo for bonus! Finally he gets to shine! :D ok...you won some points back just get rid of the first like minute of this song and I wouldn't have too much of a problem. 3/5

08. UNTITLED - Probably the song I was most stoked to hear. I just love Gaze-ballads. The song picks up very nicely and the chorus is really beautiful. They never really fail me when making ballads. Probably will be on repeat awhile for me. The instrumentation isn't layered on like the other songs which helps Ruki really stand out beautifully. 4/5

09. PLEDGE - Another beautiful ballad by Gazette. It's like their ultimate power ballad. lol. Just beautiful. Everything in this song sounds amazing. Gazette hit everything perfectly with this song. Can't think of a flaw with it. 5/5

10. RUTHLESS DEED - What a great way to pick the album back up. The chorus surprised me. Didn't expect it at all and then that part at 2:10min. Cool switch up. Really like the guitar riffs in this song. 4.5/5

11. PSYCHOPATH - Yeah my Discharge type song! Pretty cool. The chorus strikes me a little oddly, but it'll probably grow on me. Like the rapping part closer to the end of the song. It helped break up the repetitiveness. Lots going on. Not as straight forward as Discharge. Me likey better. 3.5/5

12. VORTEX - Still love the pre-chorus part. Other than that...song is ok. "I don't wanna become the f***ing garbage like you" probably my favorite song lyric of theirs ever. 3/5

13. TOMORROW NEVER DIES - An interesting poppy ending. A perfect blend of a fan oriented song ang the heavy gazette sound. Reminds me of a more upbeat nausea and shudder. Not too bad, but i felt like this didn't properly close out the album. still decent. 3.5/5

14. OMEGA - another instrumental. i'll pass

overall: 3.5/5. I'd say this is an improved stack rubbish. Just bring all the women back and we have ourselves a part II. I'm overall happy with the outcome of this album. The singles released were kind of the weak points of this album, but the other tracks were so strong and well composed that the single tracks didn't do anything to ruin the album. I'm not overly impressed with how this came out, but I will say that Gazette proves they aren't dead yet. They can still bust out some interesting compositions even if they draw some influence from their old material.

With TOXIC, my expectations were low...so there really was nowhere to go but up.

1. INFUSE INTO -- a poor attempt at dubstep and constant "SUCK A DICK, INFUSE INTOOOO" or something like that. 6/10

2. VENOMOUS SPIDER'S WEB -- What I thought was going to be another boring pop punk song by the GazettE turned into a really cool track that is just all over the place. 8/10

3. SLUDGY CULT -- VERMIN pt. 2! Though it lacks on originality (inb4 flame war) in terms of progression, the song eventually pays off as it grinds through multiple progressions and keeps itself full of energy to warrant another listen. A thing to note: the guitar work between Aoi and Uruha is at an all time high. 7.5/10

4. RED -- the band apparently promised (at least Ruki did?) that it was going to be different slightly. But there's nothing different about it. Still a cool song though! 8/10

5. THE SUICIDE CIRCUS -- oh yes! Another track that is just all over the place and after 5+ listens still sounds like a fresh track. They don't try to be uber badasses and throw down the BR00TAL DROP B RIFFS in this track...and that's a good thing! Well at least until that breakdown... 8.5/10

6. SHIVER -- My least favorite from the 100+ singles the band has released since [DIM]. It's mainly because the song feels hollow compared to RED. It's way to...UNORIGINAL too. 5.5/10

7. MY DEVIL ON THE BED -- awesome drum and bass progression but sounds way too Marylin Manson-esque for my tastes 7/10

8. UNTITLED -- an awkward ballad thrown right into the middle of things. It's not bad though 7/10

9. PLEDGE -- Their best ballad. Hands down. 8.5/10

10. RUTHLESS DEED -- One of their best tracks. Hands down. As if they listened to DUM SPIRO SPERO on repeat and wrote this. Though, it does feel completely out of place. 9/10

11. PSYCHOPATH -- this is the GazettE trying to say "hey we can be brutal too guys!". Too bad they do it on like every album. Though it does get props for being the best HEAVY song they've done because it's not just the same riff over and over again like Discharge or Ogre. This track is somewhat better. But DISTURBINGLY out of place. 8/10

12. VORTEX -- One of my favorite singles from all of the ones they've released since DIM. It has some awesome variation and an awesome chorus. 8.5/10

13. DON'T KILL YOURSELFFF. DON'T KILL YOURSELFFF. DON'T KILL YOURSELFFF. DON'T KILL YOURSELFFF. Listening to that over and over kinda makes me want to... 4/10

14. OMEGA -- Terrible idea for a closer. TERRIBLE idea. 3/10

Overall: 7/10 Despite the album not flowing well AT ALL and being kind of an awkward listen through fragments of ideas, there are some serious rewards listening to this. Just not TOMORROW NEVER DIES and OMEGA which are completely pointless. TOMORROW NEVER DIES is probably the worst because it sounds like 90's american pop punk that you hear on TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER. Come on, seriously? UNORIGINAL.

INFUSE INTO - Decent opening.Probably nice to start lives. 7/10

Venomous Spider's Web - I quite like the electronic intro...the rest of the song is just your typical Gazette track though....a 7/10 would fit here.

Sludgy Cult - One thousand bands already release songs like this,so it's not really an OH MY GOD SO ORIGINAL but it's decent.Probably replaying this some times. 8/10

Red - Single...I only like the intro.4/10

The Suicide Circus - It goes like Venomous Spider's Web,with the electronic/gazette/electronic moments. I like the "Gazette" parts of this song way more than those of Venomous Spider's Web though... 8/10

Shiver - So bland.I just don't really like these single tracks. 3/10

My Devil on The Bed - The electronic part on the intro is quite nice,but then it just becomes your typical japanese let's cover Marilyn Manson moment.I mean,I'm already satisfied with Gothic Circus from Sads,13-Thirteen- from D'espairsray,and that song from Angelo.Don't need more covers. And girls don't really work well with your songs Gazette. 4/10

Untitled - I quite like this. This is the first song on the album where I think the electronic and lol Gazette parts blend actually well.Love the melody as well. The ending reminds me of some fine ambient stuff. 8.5/10

Pledge - I kinda liked this back on the single.Not the type of track I listen to everyday,though. 6.5/10

Ruthless Deed - Reminds me from Dim. I was expecting more things like this... when Gazette tries to be more hard and it actually is good. The song actually flows well,unlike most of what I've heard by now on this album.The chorus is nice too. 8/10

Psychopath - I generally hate this kind of track. It's just trying too hard to be agressive.And it doesn't really work well. Gazette,try harder,or just stop making this kind of thing,please. The drums are really annoying for me on this song too,except on one of the parts. 4/10

Vortex - The single I listened to most. Really unoriginal mashup of Gazette songs,but kinda works well. 6.5/10

Tomorrow Never Dies - I kinda like the melody on the chorus.The way it kicks in though - just a complete mess. This song sounds like a giant mashup.Each part sounds so random. Also, theres a part of this song that really reminds me of Vortex,lol. 6.5/10

Omega - It's weird...this sounds more like an intro than an outro. Sounds REALLY out of place here and not a nice way of finishing an album. 5/10 just for it's misplacement.

Overall: 6/10

Well...I don't really listen to Gazette that much...the only album from them I actually liked was Dim...the others are exactly like this for me - hit-and-miss fest. Maybe someday they'll get how to do it right.

Short version is I love the album, probably my favorite one to date, maybe it's because for a while my expectations were low. Recently though, I've been listening to Red and Vortex a lot and thinking how I actually am excited for the album... Then it came and my expectations were exceeded.

High points:

The Venomous Spider's Web

Red

The Suicide Circus

Pledge

Ruthless Deed

Vortex

Tomorrow Never Dies

In between:

My Devil on the Bed

Untitled

Psychopath

Disappointments:

Shiver

Sludgy Cult

Infuse Into and Omega, if only because these are SE tracks that could have been SO much MORE.... a lot like People Error from Stacked Rubbish.

When I first listened to the previews they actually took my attention immidiately but I went kinda off when I listened to the full versions, but today I can make my review about it! :P

01. INFUSE INTO » 6/10 - Sounds okay to me, not my favorite intro.

02. VENOMOUS SPIDER'S WEB » 7/10 - Really like the intro of this one, but the electro going to normal Gazette Rock is kinda difficult to hear, it's like it's got messed up or something, but still a good song only the end is so annoying ''Bzzzzzzzzt'' xD

03. SLUDGY CULT » 8/10 - Very nice! Nothing bad to say here, it's just awesome^^

04. Red » 7/10 - Wasn't my favorite song at the beginning, but still it's nice.

05. THE SUICIDE CIRCUS » 9/10 - Man, I so like this.^^ ''Oh Suicide Circus~♪''

06. SHIVER » 9/10 - I actually liked this song already after hearing it in the anime which gave me the opportunity to give the GazettE a try. ^_^

07. MY DEVIL ON THE BED » 8/10 - Very good song, but so erotic lolled --> need translation first hehe.

08. UNTITLED » 9/10 - This ballad is so much better than Pledge, it's sticking in my head, lovely ballad song!

09. PLEDGE » 6/10 - Can listen to this for a few times, but not my favorite one... song isn't bad but it doesn't really get my attention.. >.>

10. RUTHLESS DEED » 9/10 - COOL.

11. PSYCHOPATH » 9/10 - Awesome intro, reminds me of a horror movie or something, love the whole song!

12. VORTEX » 9/10 - This one was already my favorite. ''I don't wanna be the fuckin' garbadge like you!''

13. TOMORROW NEVER DIES » 9/10 - The song gives a good message at the end > Don't kill yourself.

14. OMEGA » 3/10 - Don't like this, the outro is almost like worst for me.

So far my review... now I just need a translation of all the songs<3

GLAM.

That's what my first impression was after listening to this album.

I heard so many Glam Rock elements here and there,

mixed with their signature sounds.

And seems they have learned to not wasting time

by putting too many S.E which was appreciated.

Nothing too mind blowing nor overly bad.

But enough for a listener to enjoy this album.

They didn't change at all nor having any progress since 2008

And this album proves that they still not wanting to risk their career and get out from their comfort zone.

Just a little touch that gives the mirage that they did trying something. But actually not at all. Same old same.

And i am not surprised if some people that not easily pleased were quite annoyed by it.

But they did pretty well with composing track list so songs by songs flows nicely.

Some awkward/abrupt ending on some song.

Or some random bass picking that i think should never recorded.

Overall, die hard fans my be happy, but not the casual listener.

Especially if they are not into modern rock at all.

It's like Stacked Rubbish, a lot. It seems like - if they continue with future albums, it'll be like this:

DISORDER (heavy), NIL (experimental), STACKED RUBBISH (heavy), DIM (experimental), TOXIC (heavy), 2013 album (experimental)

Anyway, i'm seriously pleased with this new album. I know a lot of people hated Stacked Rubbish but I liked it.

You can't compare this album to the likes of NIL and DIM.

(On a sale of 1-5)

INFUSE INTO - 5

VENOMOUS SPIDER'S WEB 5

SLUDGY CULT - 3

RED - 5

THE SUICIDE CIRCUS - 5 (!!!!!!!!)

SHIVER - 4

MY DEVIL ON THE BED - 2 (So disappointed how this song turned out.)

UNTITLED - 4 (Really good! Their only ballad/like song that caught my attention off-guard and I enjoyed it!)

PLEDGE - 2

RUTHLESS DEAD - 5

PSYCHOPATH - 4

VORTEX - 5

TOMORROW NEVER DIES - 5

OMEGA - 3 (Sounds more like an Interlude than an outro. My only vice.)

What I like about this album is the lack of skipping tracks.

This album has a record of pretty much playing the whole album without hitting the << or >> buttons every few tracks.

Finally, the singles were surprisingly good this time around.

I found this album incredibly underwhelming. Which is weird, since I liked the samples. Just nothing really sticks. I mean there are some cool parts in some songs, but no song as a whole really come off as "wow, that was awesome."

INFUSE INTO - Borderline dubstep, and shit at that. What can you expect from an intro track though

VENOMOUS SPIDER'S WEB - Dear lord, the intro reminds me of the stuff Girugamesh is doing now...and that is not a compliment. The rest of the song is alright, but intro section and when they repeat it...screw that, it is just so corny.

SLUDGY CULT - Not a bad song, some good riffs, but after it is gone, I don't remember it ever happening.

RED - Generic intro sounds for a generic sounding song. Honestly, only the vocals keep this song from being a total snoozefest.

THE SUICIDE CIRCUS - I am not sure if I like some of the stuff they did in this song, but this is the most interesting ones off of the album. I like some of the riffs, but it is really the interesting mincing of the vocals that makes this song what it is. I think they should have taken it a bit further tbh. If you have something interesting going for a song, keep that up. While I do think this is a very interesting song and I can see it growing on me, it really relies on the vocals and electronic sounds to keep it interesting.

SHIVER - ::snores:: Booooooooooooring. Once again, not really a bad song, it just doesn't have anything that is going to make me come back to this song again.

MY DEVIL ON THE BED - I dig the marching beat that they start off with in this song, it makes it feel very militaristic. That said, only really the bass and the drums are interesting in this song, the vocals are kinda irritating, the screams kinda suck, the female vocal call back is just odd, and the guitars only do an alright job of imitating the beat.

UNTITLED - Oh come on guys! You started off with a half decent intro, but then we get to the chorus and it feels like every ballad I have ever heard. Take out the chorus of this song and you would have something good going on, but the chorus is just so...blah.

PLEDGE - Back to back ballads? Really guys? Also, this is the longest song on the album...but it just makes the song feel more boring instead of epic. It's not bad, it's just not intriguing in the slightest.

RUTHLESS DEAD - Heaviest guitar tones on the album. I like this song for the most part, but the screams suck so much. I like the whispers more, they make the guitars feel that much heavier. I could also do without the "uplifting" parts of the song, it kills all the good things this song has going for it. God, this could have been a sweet song, but it kinda kills itself when you only want to listen to half of it.

PSYCHOPATH - You would think that since I liked the heaviness of RUTHLESS DEAD then that this song would give me what I wanted. Unfortunately this song is a mess, it is fast and heavy without really knowing what it wants to do. It kind of chugs along and I am just waiting for it to run into a wall.

VORTEX - Ugh, it's just like they are trying so hard to be relevant. Record scratching, dabs of auto tune, and electronic tones... Maybe it would work if they didn't feel like they are in here just to be here.

TOMORROW NEVER DIES - This song seems to fall into the generic Gazette sound as well. Besides the obnoxious electronically altered vocals, there isn't much going on here worth listening to. I will admit that I did like 2:38 -2:58 mainly cause it was different and refreshing. The solo wasn't half bad either.

OMEGA - Shit outro track, nothing more to say.

Over all? Lots and lots of bland stuff, there are glimmers of hope in some songs, but usually not enough for me to ever bother spinning the track again. Best songs on the album? THE SUICIDE CIRCUS, MY DEVIL ON THE BED, UNTITLED, RUTHLESS DEAD, and even of those, I would say that Suicide is the only one that really latches onto something that is great. This album can't hold a candle to DIM. This is easily my least favorite Gazette album, and I didn't like Stacked Rubbish either. I am going to give it a few more plays just to give it a fair chance, but I can't see myself spinning this one again too much after that.

Also, STOP USING CAPLOCKS YOU DUMB CUNTS!

I don't make you look cool, it makes you look stupid.

Infuse Into

"Hey dubstep is kinda famous now, let's do that". Well, yeah it's dubstep allright. Personally I think dubstep is kinda ghey, but it's just an intro, so I can live with that. Don't see a reason to rate this one. Around 3/10?

Venomous Spider's Web

Ok, now we're talking. I really like the intro. Totally get's you on the mood. Riffing is really nice. And I like the song progression, it wasn't that predictable. Chorus wasn't anything special, but I guess it works. I don't think this is the best choice for the first song, mainly cause the ending is too long. Nice song, nothing wow, but nice. And definitely in the wrong place. 7/10

Sludgy Cult

I guess this is what Ruki meant we he was talking about "going back to our roots". This is totally disorder, with a hint of their modern style. It's nice to hear punkish stuff from them after some time. It's very catchy. Honestly I didn't care for the sample, but I actually think it might be better than the previous song. But just like VSW, it's nothing special. Just nice to listen to, but not something to repeat again and again. 7/10

Red

Still the same awesome Red. I've repeated this song to near boredom, but it's still awesome. Great riffing, great chorus, great solo, overall very well done. 8/10

The Suicide Circus

Probably the best new song. Great choice for the PV. I'm surprised how many different parts they used in one song, since they tend to make them quite repetive. This is not. It's really well done, not predictable at all. And the part with talking and singing at the same time sounds reeeaally good. Didn't care for the chorus at first, but it has grown on me. Ok, not just probably, it's the best new song. 10/10

Shiver

Yeah, it's still the same. At one point I really liked this, but after a while, the "shine" has kinda gone. But it's good. 7/10

My Devil On The Bed

I didn't like the sample at all, but it actually turned out to be quite nice. The singing in the beginning is kinda awkward, but it got better. I would've dropped the female vocals, it was really out of place. But other than that, it was a really enjoyable song. Drumming is simple, but definitely does the trick. The song kinda has a Kiyoharu-feeling going there, like SADS, which was mentioned. 7/10

Untitled

This one is so easy to listen to. Every melody is very clear, great mood, very well put together. I was surprised it didn't have a solo, but I'm not sure if it even needed that. But it's not the most memorable thing they've done. Nice song to chill to and relax, but not a masterpiece. The ending was kinda weird, but it doesn't bother me. 7-8?/10

Pledge

Still the best ballad they've ever done. Pianos are great and it has their best solo so far. 10/10

Ruthless Deed

I was really waiting to hear this one, and it didn't disappoint. Mood is awesomely twisted. Song progression was nice and I wasn't definitely expecting such a melodic chorus. But it works really well. Needs many more listenings. 9/10

Psychopath

Ok, you can't win everytime. Two fucking chords for most of the song? Seriously? Guys, that was weak. Totally pointless. Sure it sounds ok and it's probably a really nice live song, but it doesn't work on CD at all. The only skipper of the album along with the SE's. 4/10

Vortex

I actually didn't like this song when it was released, (probably due to my hate for the b-side) but just before the album, I decided to give it another chance, and I found myself liking it. It has actually become one of my favorites. It flows really nicely, especially the chorus. The solo sounds maybe a bit too much like pointless wanking, but it doesn't matter, it doesn't sound like it needed one in the first place. 8/10

Tomorrow Never Dies

Well, hello Nausea & Shudder. I wasn't expecting much from this one, but I found myself liking it quite a lot. This is really oldshool. Heavy mainriff, heavy verses, but a really upbeat punkish chorus. It was a really nice surprise. I was wondering why would this be the last song, but now I totally see why. I like the message too, atleast from what I could understand from Ruki's engrish. Gotta find the lyrics. Anyway, great ending. 8/10

Omega

This kinda kills the mood. Not the best idea ever. But it's ok, I can stop listening after TND. 3/10?

Overall, it's quite a decent release. Surprisingly good actually. Considering how fucking bad their b-sides were. But what can ya do when the bullshitcompany is telling you to have two b-sides on each single. Everyone did a nice job, except for Reita, but that's not a surprise. He seems kinda hopeless. I don't understand the SR comparisong though. I think it's more like Disorder and NIL with a hint of not-so-awesome DIM. Far from the awesomeness of DIM, but still awesome in it's own way. Overall rating would probably be around 7-8.

Actually, i don't really interested in this album because their work are kinda disappointed recently. When the cd leaked in internet i think it's okay to just give it another chance for them, and I kinda impressed with their work. Not too interesting, but compared with their single, this album are quite more interested.

NOw, it's time for some one to one review song

1. INFUSE INTO : it's a SE and thank to this SE for making me more interested to this album... no score.

2. VENOMOUS SPIDER WEB : as opening song, it's lack of everything... I can't even enjoying this song... 2/5

3. SLUDGY CULT : Just one word, forgettable... although it's better than previous song.. 2/5

4. RED : I like this song since it released in single form. A chatchy song from them. Nice solo, nice vocal, but it's too generic... 4/5

5. THE SUICIDE CIRCUS : One of the best song in this album. Not impressed with the guitar work, but impressed with the electronic sound. If there is solo in this song maybe it will be more great... 4/5

6. SHIVER : REGRET'ish song... fast pace and do the reff in intro... Nice but too generic too... 3/5

7. MY DEVIL ON MY BED : REITA solo bass are quite awesome, but i don't like it because it's ruining my mood when listening to this song... The chick's voice can't making this song more better... 2/5

8. UNTITLED : a ballad song appear from the nowhere, and it's surprising me... It's a good ballad but can't be compared with CHIZURU or DISTRESS AND COMA... Just decent. 4/5

9. PLEDGE : WHAT?! a ballad after a ballad song?! They must be out of option choosing the pace for this song. Despite it, I like this song... I never can't hate gazette's ballad, I don't know why... The duration are long, but if it compared with CASSIS it's like walk in the park... 5/5

10. RUTHLESS DEED : It's just me or they start to imitating Dir en Grey?! Oh my stars, Gazerock are really dead... 2/5

11. PSYCHOPATH : 3 minutes passed and i don't remember there anything happen... can't making score

12. VORTEX : Another single from them... catchy and easy listening, decent but not that awesome... 3/5

13. TOMORROW NEVER DIES : I don't know why I love this songs?! Is this because of this song kinda resembles with IDENTITY from NoGoD that I love too?! Oh, just don't kill yourself... 4/5

14. OMEGA : another PEOPLE ERROR appear... sheees... no score

Overall, It's below average. STACKED RUBBISH are more enjoyable compared to this...

Despite I kinda like RED, THE SUICIDE CIRCUS, UNTITLED, PLEDGE, VORTEX, and TOMORROW NEVER DIES, the tracklist of this single are kinda whacky and sorted correctly... Not gonna play this album as one whole album, but would pick one or two song for my playlist... the individual play making their song more interesting...

OH gazette... Please take a break... You're really run out of idea....

First opinion of the album is that it's a bit of a mess. I'm not sure what direction they wanted to go in, every song seems different from the next, no real sense of cohesion at all. I thought there'd be more of an electronic influence over the whole record judging from the previews - but there really isn't, and the electro influences feel more like an afterthought and doesn't really add anything to their sound. The best result of "electro"-gazette is THE SUICIDE CIRCUS and also one of the standout tracks of the album.

This release is more for picking out the strong tracks and forgetting the weak ones ever existed. Its not an album where you need to hear the whole thing in its context because context doesn't exist here. Its a singles album.

My favourite track (along with THE SUICIDE CIRCUS) is "SHIVER", the best single since DIM and it ends up being the strongest track for me. Its Gazette in their element, creating melodic songs with poppy refrains and one of the few tracks I'll bother to listen to more than a few times. Might be a bit biased here since it reminds me of "REGRET", which is one of my favourite Gazette songs.

Had high hopes for "MY DEVIL ON THE BED" from the previews because of the big manson-vibe, comes off a bit bland but not the most terrible song here.

The ballad section didn't impress me either. "UNTITLED" has potential but it doesn't seem to go anywhere or reach any kind of epic moment that every good ballad has.

Another band to get lost in mediocrity, and without the Gazette, the amount of VK bands still worth listening to dwindles even further. I'll take 3-4 tracks away from this and forget the rest of this album ever existed.

2/5

I guess I'm with the people who actually enjoyed this album. I'm not gonna give an individual specific review but I shall talk about the songs. Won't talk about the single songs or OMEGA.

This album started off great for me. the intro was dubstep, yes, but leave it to The GazettE to actually make me love a song with dubstep in it. After INFUSE INTO, we get some cool songs, VSW sounds like an amazing live song that I can't wait to see, some great riffs and the guitar solo reminded me a bit of VORTEX's with the whammy and all. That sustained guitar noise at the end was cool to start with but it got annoying real fast because of how long they left it going....they shouldn't do that again. Sludgy cult starting riffs remind me of Linda and i love that song, the rest of the song is pretty "rock out gazette" style. THE SUICIDE CIRCUS, oh my god, i can't stop replaying this song its just so freaking eargasmic. The constant electronic bgm, the way this sounds perfect to be played during Halloween (my favorite holiday) and not to mention the PV which is officially the best PV yet. Ruki actually gets to walk around and interact with things and all the members have something different going on around them, the music, the scenario, it's all amazing and colorful. back to the song, it's great! the parts that got me real good are right when Ruki is singing really fast and the pre-chorus with Ruki talking in the background while he is singing "ohhhhhhh" Uruha, Aoi, reita, and kai continues to rock my soul with a great breakdown right after the first chorus. I loved the guitar effects in this song so much. My Devil on the Bed...I want translated lyrics for this. I hear "masturbation" a lot in it. the song starts off pretty awesome with an "Agony" feeling to it. First drums start the song off, then Reita comes in with this crunchy bassline, and the song takes off! Some of the parts in this song reminds of some DIM work in it but it's a great song. After the chorus, that bass solo is just MMMMMM. UNTITLED, most dislike it, some say it builds up to nothing. I LOVED it, and yet I agree. I feel like it built up on me and then it ended but it stills is an amazing song! I dislike the missing Uruha solo :P The great part was when I started playing it, i was falling asleep from exhaustion and right when it played the cloudy sky began to rain and the atmosphere and emotions were just so beautiful because of the song. I just wish this song was "ballad length" and lasted 6 minutes or so. I'm interested in what Ruki is singing about, i can't translate the whole song that well myself. Ruthless Deed, starts off very sinister and it keeps it up with a dark aura, Ruki's screams are great, the guitar work is blasting out, Kai's drums stand out a lot and it all sounds great. The chorus somehow gets a bit more lighter in feeling and isn't as dark as the rest of the song and I absolutely enjoyed that! What made me love this song more was the embedding of a acoustic part where the whole song just calmed down before bursting again. I always love The GazettE's use of acoustic guitars. Psychopath, some heavy, sinister guitars start the song off, slide down the fret board, and the songs gets speed! I got some SR feedback from this but it worked out nicely, would've been nicer if it wasn't the shortest song on the album that wasn't an SE. Tomorrow Never Dies, well, glad to see you once again Nausea and Shudder intro riff, I missed you so. For some reason, i get a western style coming off of the chorus but it's the GazettE and it doesn't sound bad to me. I love how it slows down at 2:35 where you can just hear the guitars and Kai's cymbals with a fast tempo right before the guitar solo. It sounds great! The solo, i'm training my ears to distinguish the guitars apart and I'm pretty sure Aoi and then Uruha plays this solo and my god I love it. It's been stuck in my head for quite sometime.

This album after listening has left me like this ---> :DUUR: At first i spammed the 2 songs I wanted to listen to from the previews, SUICIDE CIRCUS and UNTITLED. Little by little, i started listening to the album entirely and to this day, small things keep popping out to me from each songs that I haven't heard and I fall in love with the album again. I love it so much and i haven't stopped playing it since it got posted. I'm still waiting for my actual copy to come in.

this is a pretty solid album.

no really epic songs, you can defenitely say that this one is much more mainstream and less experimental than DIM. but still its pretty hard, so that saves the whole thing.

Red, Shiver, the Suicide Circus, Untitled and Tomorrow Never Dies are so damn catchy, really good songwriting. Maybe Red and Shiver are a bit too simple, but its enough for some enjoyable spins.

PLEDGE follows Cassis/reila/Guren and is a really good emotional well written ballad.

so far for the catchy stuff.

The other songs are definitely album tracks, couldnt survive as a single, but thats what makes them so good.

they are short, they dont have the BIG melodies, yet they always have cool stuff hapening which makes them cool. wether its the elctronic stuff (THE VENOMOUS SIDERS WEB) , the punk attitude and awesome break down in SLUDGY CULT (1:13-1:33) or the stomping female chorus in MY DEVIL ON THE BED.

PSYCHOPATH is a good new Maggots/DISCHARGE. and SO SO SO SO much better than OGRE!!!

the only 2 let downs are VORTEX (the chorus is so damn bad) and RUTHLESS DEED which could have been so much more.

like it! 7/10

Sign in to follow this