Sign in to follow this  
Tony

What happened to Tainted World?

I accidentally clicked on my Tainted World bookmark today and realised the site no longer works. I don't think I've been on that forum since the first day they reopened the new version of the site and split from here. What happened? Nobody went over?

We can't say for certain since we aren't really in contact with them anymore but from what we gathered Dai disappeared again two or three weeks after restarting the site (and since he had been very adamant to be the only one to control vital server functions it probably meant that no other staff member could do important work), then the mods bailed one by one, spambots reclaimed the site, making it impossible for the handful of remaining users to do anything, and two or three months after the rebirth it went down completely, probably due to Dai not paying the server costs.

Well, Dai still is the owner of the TW.net domain. Who knows, maybe there will be a Re:re:birth next year. ;)

But even so, why would we want to? We renamed the spam section to Toasted Waffles as a hommage to our temporary existence under that name, since it had proven quite popular, I don't see a reason to change it.

Does that mean we can finally rename the Toasted Waffles subforum to Tainted World?

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU I need 2 do something about my sleeping patterns

didn't realize it was actually funny lolz orz ok

We can't say for certain since we aren't really in contact with them anymore but from what we gathered Dai disappeared again two or three weeks after restarting the site (and since he had been very adamant to be the only one to control vital server functions it probably meant that no other staff member could do important work), then the mods bailed one by one, spambots reclaimed the site, making it impossible for the handful of remaining users to do anything, and two or three months after the rebirth it went down completely, probably due to Dai not paying the server costs.

I had dome some lurking awhile back and saw this on the Last.fm group "Dai shut it down. We could make a new one I guess. But I kind of lost interest in a lot of the scene." I would usually go back there to check archived links.

Well, Dai still is the owner of the TW.net domain. Who knows, maybe there will be a Re:re:birth next year. ;)

Quoted because I could actually see that happening. :lol:

it was too fierce to live.

tumblr_lputy2yhor1qaekjv.gif

rip bbqurl.

I had dome some lurking awhile back and saw this on the Last.fm group "Dai shut it down. We could make a new one I guess. But I kind of lost interest in a lot of the scene." I would usually go back there to check archived links.

ahahahahaha. he finally realised all those ~j-indies metalcore~ bands with dude names like thomas and gregory are utter shit i guess

^ nah, Jake has been losing it a little since he was still among us,

(it was Jake that posting it on last.fm group)

guessed he went into K-Pop even deeper or Hipster Rap (Lil`Wayne, DRAKE) or something.

guessed he went into K-Pop even deeper or Hipster Rap (Lil`Wayne, DRAKE) or something.

Poor guy. BTW Drake is Lil Wayne's bf right?

While I know this is funny - I can't help but at the same time feel very angry about that whole drama show they put on so it could become *~Dai's~* site. Not that this wasn't expected. You clearly can't run a site about something you have zero interest in, lol.

But a good thing came out of it in the end. We have MH now and its turned out to be more awesome than TW ever was.

well the only thing I know is that, I believe-Jake opened a new forum/site named Seoul Muzik but it's as active as TW.net

Seoul Muzik

as far as puns go that's fucking terrible.

Seoul Muzik was hosted on the same server, so it went down along with TW. Though I don't think it ever really became very active.

Anyway, as Number Girl already said, the real upsetting thing os that Dai pulled us through all this drama about wanting the forum back, and then put so little effort into his new project. You can all thank the heavens that except for Jake none of the staff team gave in into his promises (or blackmail would be more like it) but opted for a rebrand. Otherwise, we probably wouldn't be here anymore. The fact that this forum is alive and kicking might have kept Dai's interest up for a while longer, but who knows when he would have bailed on us again.

So, in short: Dai killed Tainted World. The first time the rest of us picked up the pieces again and salvaged the community. And half a year later he returned, wrestled the name away from us, screwed it over a few weeks later and left it in a ditch to die. As for Jake, he made some questionable decisions and he had to bear the consequences for it.

But let's not look back. We have something better now, more varied users, a lot less spambots, the new name has caught on (though incidentally we are still the #1 Google result for "Tainted World") and, thanks to our partner, greater things coming for the future.

I believe this sufficiently answers the question of the OP, so I'll close this topic now.