Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

Rorouni Kenshin (Samurai-X) Live Action

The rumours have been around since last Summer.

But the project have been confirmed and will set to release in 2012.

Keishi Ōtomo will direct on this new film, just as he did in last year's NHK historical television series Ryōmaden. Warner Brothers Pictures Japan is producing with its president William Ireton, while Studio Swan (Paradise Kiss) is in charge of the actual film production.

The actor Takeru Sato (Kamen Rider Den-O, Rookies, BECK, Ryōmaden) will star as Himura Kenshin.

Chosen by the mangaka himself, Watsuki Nobuhiro, after a discussion with his wife.

And actress Emi Takei (Otomen, GOLD) will star as Kaoru Kamiya.

The Sankei Sports newspaper adds that the staff aims to release the film internationally and eventually make a series. This will be the first live-action adaptation of the manga.

Producer Shinzō Matsuhashi commented, "Satoh has the looks and stature to be a proper Kenshin." Watsuki added that when this project was just starting, he and his wife were discussing who should play Kenshin, and decided that Satoh topped the list.

Satoh himself said that he was a huge fan of the original manga when he was in elementary school and when the manga was still running. "It was the manga that everyone in my generation knew." He added that he and his friends would play around by pretending to sword-fight. Satoh began intensive training in sword-fighting earlier this month, and filming will begin in July.

Nobuhiro Watsuki's original 1994-1999 manga ran in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and the resulting 28 compiled books volumes have 50 million copies in print. The manga inspired a television anime series that is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year. Viz Media published the manga in North America, and Media Blasters' AnimeWorks label released the television anime.

ADV Films released two later original video anime projects and a film on DVD, and Aniplex is releasing these three titles on Blu-ray Disc this year. in April, Shueisha announced that a new Rurouni Kenshin anime project has been green-lit.

More info will be updated here.

Just make sure to always check in here to find out.

Now, who's excited?

I know i am!

Discuss.

wow, i will check this from time to time. havent heard the series since after 2 or 3 years after watching the directors cut.

I still wait for more updates with the casts.

Sannosuke cast haven't announced yet.

And who will be the main villain(s)

Shall be exciting.

Summer 2012 is still far away anyway, quite :mrgreen:

an us. live action over a japanese action? wtf, have you seen dragon ball?XD nuff said

dont want an live action of the anime/movies, love them already why make a live action of it? 9 out of 10 times it doesnt work out at all

in April, Shueisha announced that a new Rurouni Kenshin anime project has been green-lit.

I'm sorry but no. This doesn't need to happen.

Maybe i'm a little touchy because Rurouni Kenshin was one of the first anime series I ever got into but its time has come and gone.

Just like Evangelion, Japan needs to quit milking on old series'.

I'm fine with a live-action MOVIE but no need for anything further - live action series and a NEW anime series.

It's done, the story is over. Let this manga/anime legend be remembered for what it was.

:(

It just seems like such a long time-span between the TV series and now this NEW anime project...

like, what is the reasoning aside from the fact that there's a live-action movie in the making. Hmm.

If it does end up being an OVA, I guess I would be okay with it.

After all, the "Samurai X" OVA was visually gorgeous.

A little off topic from the movie subject, but still

about Rurouni Kenshin.

Yep, there will be 2 new OVAs, Rurouni Kenshin New Kyoto Arc,

and will be produced by ANIPLEX.

It will be 2 part of one story during Kenshin time in Kyoto Arc.

They will reintrepret the duel between Kenshin and Shishio,

from the eye of the female ninja, Misao Makimachi.

Kazuhiro Furuhasi, the Samurai X director will return to direct this OVA as well at DEEN studio.

The very same studio that have been producing the Anime and OVA series.

The first part of the OVA are planned

to be released at Japanese movie theatres on December 2011.

All the Seiyuus will also return too voice the character,

except for Hirotaka SUzuoki (original Seiyuu for Hajime Saito)

which will be replaced by Ken Narita.

This OVAs is a part of celebrating 15th anniversary of Rurouni Kenshin anime.

Along with second part of the OVA, the live action movie and

a new Samurai X video game, all planned to release next year.

quoted from here and here

This will be either be decent or terrible, I have major doubts in this movies ability to be good in any way XD

Chances are I will be laughing in parts of it, though.

While I've never been one for manga to movie adaptations (with very few exceptions), this excites me. If anything, it looks like it will be a good action film. The actor playing Kenshin looks like he'd do a good job, at least in the little bits of action sequences I saw. I just wonder if he is going to capture all of Kenshin's other little personality quirks. If he can do that then I will be over the moon happy. I can't stand it when they get an actor that can do one side of the character, but not get all of the other facets.

Mister Svperstar - The video you posted has been removed, btw.

While I've never been one for manga to movie adaptations (with very few exceptions), this excites me. If anything, it looks like it will be a good action film. The actor playing Kenshin looks like he'd do a good job, at least in the little bits of action sequences I saw. I just wonder if he is going to capture all of Kenshin's other little personality quirks. If he can do that then I will be over the moon happy. I can't stand it when they get an actor that can do one side of the character, but not get all of the other facets.

Sato Takeru is a pretty decent actor tbh. I have yet to see a role by him that I didn't like. He played the lead in Beck too and he did great.

Funny thing though, the OST being by ONE OK ROCK. Both the main actor as well as OOR are from the same company.

Sato Takeru is a pretty decent actor tbh. I have yet to see a role by him that I didn't like. He played the lead in Beck too and he did great.

Funny thing though, the OST being by ONE OK ROCK. Both the main actor as well as OOR are from the same company.

fishy... :lol:

But no matter, i cannot wait to see it.

I have a feeling that this will be awesome. XD Rurouni Kenshin was my first manga beside Ranma½, and damn, I still love it. ;___; Takeru Sato is such a cutie and awesome actor and OOR will make its theme song.

I can't wait for this! D:

Sign in to follow this