Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Tyler, The Creator (OFWGKTA)

OFWGKTA.png

Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, often abbreviated OFWGKTA, are an American alternative hip hop collective from Los Angeles, California. The group is led by rapper/producer Tyler, The Creator, and includes rappers Hodgy Beats, Earl Sweatshirt, Frank Ocean, Domo Genesis and Mike G, producers Left Brain, Syd The Kyd and Matt Martians and other non-musical members.

Tyler has said that there are over 60 members in the group. There are three groups inside the collective: MellowHype (Hodgy Beats and Left Brain), the Super 3 aka the Jet Age of Tomorrow (Matt Martians and Hal Williams), and EarlWolf (Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler, The Creator).

Anyone a fan? I heard 'Yonkers' a couple of weeks ago and haven't been able to stop listening to Tyler's music since. Some of the most amazing hip-hop I've ever heard.

these guys are amazing, Tyler is a fuckin' genious.

the new Wu-Tang Clan of these times.

the cover of the GOBLIN album was my past avatar :D

He can be as homophobic as he wants as long as he makes good music.

Haven't heard these guys yet, but I'm gonna check it out. I hope it's realy hip-hop and not some hip-pop crap.

I just don't get the hype around him and his "new Wu Tang" band

Must be quite unique, I guess

Dunno where to start tho, does he have any good songs?

I was talking about myself. I, personally, do not have any problems with that. I don't care to be honest, be it something homophobic, anti-homophobic, racist, anti-racism, anti-christianity, satanism, christianty, blasphemic or whatever. It just doesn't matter to me as long as the music are sweet, that's all I meant. Let the shitstorm begin, pplz.

Yet, even though I don't have problems with that, I do have friends that are black, gay, christian, anti-christian, jews and all that. So I am not homophobic, racist or anything like that myself. :D

Also, just checked out a few Tyler The Creator songs. Sounds pretty sweet. I liked the songs from "Bastard" more than the other songs, but I think I will have to check out both his albums.

GOBLIN lyrics:

Therapist:

you wouldn't do that Tyler

kill yourself, or anyone, you don't even have the balls to begin with

what you need is....me

i just want to talk to you, its been awhile since your last session

so...tell me what's been going

Tyler (therapist):

I'm not a fucking role model (I know this)

I'm a 19 year old fucking emotional coaster with pipe dreams

So kanye tweeted tellin people, hes bumpin all of my shit

these motherfuckers think i'm supposed to live up to something? shit

i'm still jacking off and proceeding my life careless

and getting more pussy cuz i tell bitches i'm wood harris (as you should)

LA to Paris, i'm getting these weird stares, from skate parks and airports it's all in the air, its weird

Yonkers dropped and left their craniums mind-fucked, now competition missing like that nigga my mom fucked

he still hasn't called me yet (it's not your fault)

that's a whole fucking different argument

shit, i got over it

and a couple bucks in my pocket, so now i could go buy a couple hot pockets

so grandma can stop cooking those nasty ass colligreens

pressures on me like this top hat bastard intro, how the fuck i'm gonna top that?

ok you guys caught me

i'm not a fucking rapist, or a serial killer, i lied

(You know, you just wanted attention)

I tried too hard huh?

(no)

made a couple thou and i just don't know what to buy yet

supreme shit is free and i don't drink so fuck a wine set

Nigga fuck a mindset, my brain is an obscenity

i'm fucked in the head, i lost my mind with my virginity

oh, that's a triple 3-6 isn't he a devil worshiper?

cuz i'm too fucking ignorant to do some research

i'm a start a group, so no one else gets the respect they deserve cuz of you

(Bastard was good though)

what you think i recorded for?

to have a bunch of critics call my shit a bunch of horrorcore?

like i didn't make Parade or Inglorious cuz im too fuckin scared to tell my friends the way i really fucking feel?

of course they only listen

to lyrics about me pissing off

in the tombs of Lara Croft

i'm getting pissed off

messageboards are on my dick i need to piss away

lemme bust one in they mouth, i know they feel the flavor

can't they just be happy for me like, a kid with nothing living out his dreams

why they gotta fucking hate?

i don't even skate anymore, i'm too fucking busy

i can barely kick flip now

people excited think this shit is so tight

making me co-sign with rappers i dont even like

what the fuck you want me to do? start to gobble this mic

start jacking em off, till his cap blasting off

fuck that, cuz these niggas aint fuckin with me

cuz i dont listen to the immortal tech of the nique

and all this underground bullshit can never gone peak

on the billboard top 20 and jam of the week

id rather listen to Baduh and pusha the t

and wacka flocka flame instead of that real hip hop thats full of the shit

but they wanna critique

everything the the wolf gang has ever released

but they dont get it

cuz its not made for them

the nigga thats in the mirror rapping, its made for him

but they do not have the mindset, that is same as him

im not weird, ur just a faggot, shame on him

i'm not homophobic....faggot

what the fuck is a good performance? i get on stage and have as much fun as i can

who doesn't have ADD?! i don't

therapy's been saying that niggas getting offended

they don't wanna fuck with me cuz i do not fuck with religion

but see thats my decision u fuckers dont have to listen

and here, put this middle finger in your ear

someone gets blamed

if some white kid had aimed

his ak-47 at 47 kids

and i dont wanna see my name mentioned

college wasnt working

and i wasnt working

so i sat at home jerking off until my dick was hurting

but i was determined to be great

so this classes can wait

cuz those 4 days i went, i wasn't learnin shit

now im living dreams ive wanted since 8th

and i can afford to get my mother something on her birth, day

they claim the shit i say is just wrong

like nobody has those really dark thoughts when alone

i;m just a teenager, who admits hes suicide prone

my life is doing pretty good

so that day is postponed for now

but wow, lifes a cute bitch full of estrogen

and when she gives u lemons nigga throw em at pedestrians

i still live in my grandmas house

sell out a fuckin show in london just to end up on couches

i hate my fuckin life, but when i make that announcement

my hero calls my phone, just to put that in doubt then

and then i am confused and i want energists out

my friends really think im playing when i say i need counseling

i sit in grandmothers living room and just pout and shout

loud inside

sometimes i just wanna die

odd future came from the bottom

and its gonna take a couple armed armies to stop em

all u fucking lames dont have to like me

the devil doesnt wear prada, im clearly in a fucking white tee

htrs gon ht

He's responded to the homophobic comments but saying that he uses those words with negative connotations to describe, not that he is actually against gay people. eg. "that's gay"

Its still offensive, but not necessarily homophobic. Who knows if he's telling the truth though.

And if you are going to take everything he raps about so seriously - I think there's worse messages to worry about eg. KILL PEOPLE, BURN SHIT, FUCK SCHOOL from the song "Radicals" and constant references to rape and murder. Yet Tyler's use of gay and faggot is the most controversial?

Its still offensive, but not necessarily homophobic.

um no. it is homophobic. if you aren't queer yourself and use it, you are. Unless you're using it to describe either the food or an archaic bundle of sticks.

I was talking about myself. I, personally, do not have any problems with that. I don't care to be honest, be it something homophobic, anti-homophobic, racist, anti-racism, anti-christianity, satanism, christianty, blasphemic or whatever. It just doesn't matter to me as long as the music are sweet, that's all I meant. Let the shitstorm begin, pplz.

good for you!!!!!

9dqA4.gif

and he's a homophobic douche who writes shit music. he should collab with katy perry

Get back on topic and start discussing more artist and less "homophobia".

inb4 "we are discussing the artist...and his latent homophobia". I'd be more inclined to believe that if every sputtering of the word "gay" on this forum didn't derail every single topic it surfaced in regardless of connotation. Right now, I don't see a coordinated attack against homophobia - I just see a bunch of people that get flustered way too easily over anything that references their sexuality.

Relax, it's the internet. Things don't need to be taken so seriously all the time.

omg, stop this shit please

do us all a favor and kill yourself please

hey! stop right there!

i'm not homophobic nor anything shitty as that, for me all the people is the same.

stop complaining about a stupid thread and feel proud about yourself.

maybe we straight people don't know how you feel but at least we respect you, i respect you and i don't even know you but who cares? you're a person just like anyone else and that's something to respect.

so, please stop this shit.

You know what? I'm really fucking tired of this shit. Herpes and precious kitty listen up: I'm tired of the two of you (yes, the TWO OF YOU) running around this forum labeling everything and everyone as a manifestation of passive homophobia. I'm especially offended that you think I'm ignoring "blatant, outright homophobia". So what, you can only be gay-friendly if you yourself are gay and if you aren't gay and you don't 100% fall into line behind every supposed "gay attack" you're being a homophobe? That's the most retarded fucking thing I've ever read. You two are more intelligent than that. This artist's viewpoints has nothing to do with my stance on homosexuality, so cut the shit. Truth is, neither one of you have put forth a modicum of evidence to prove that he's homophobic! All you're doing is repeating the same ignorant "homophobia, homophobia, homophobia" mantra that's done nothing but create drama and derail this topic.

If you dislike him so much, leave this topic and allow proper conversation to continue but I will not have any more of this conversation.

I will continue the drama and say this...

...neh, I'm just kidding and joking and whatever. Sorry. I will bring this back on topic though. Been checking out some more of this stuff. Sounds more and more impressive with every listen. "French" is nothing but amazing! Damn, that song's just badass! Thanks to Tony for making this thread. Cool stuff!

You know what? I'm really fucking tired of this shit. Herpes and precious kitty listen up: I'm tired of the two of you (yes, the TWO OF YOU) running around this forum labeling everything and everyone as a manifestation of passive homophobia. I'm especially offended that you think I'm ignoring "blatant, outright homophobia". So what, you can only be gay-friendly if you yourself are gay and if you aren't gay and you don't 100% fall into line behind every supposed "gay attack" you're being a homophobe? That's the most retarded fucking thing I've ever read. You two are more intelligent than that. This artist's viewpoints has nothing to do with my stance on homosexuality, so cut the shit. Truth is, neither one of you have put forth a modicum of evidence to prove that he's homophobic! All you're doing is repeating the same ignorant "homophobia, homophobia, homophobia" mantra that's done nothing but create drama and derail this topic.

If you dislike him so much, leave this topic and allow proper conversation to continue but I will not have any more of this conversation.

On using "faggot" 231 times in his album:

"Tyler has said in interviews that he is not homophobic, yet his Twitter feed and rhymes are rampant with anti-gay slurs and references. His defense that 'people take things too seriously' or that he's 'just a kid' is inexcusable. Using hateful language, regardless of the context, is unacceptable and in fact, very serious. Tyler's attempts to be provocative as well as his indifference towards the consequences of his actions are irresponsible."

Tyler has said in interviews that he is not homophobic, yet his Twitter feed and rhymes are rampant with anti-gay slurs and references. His defense that 'people take things too seriously' or that he's 'just a kid' is inexcusable. Using hateful language, regardless of the context, is unacceptable and in fact, very serious. Tyler's attempts to be provocative as well as his indifference towards the consequences of his actions are irresponsible."

His response?

nfo67s.png

attempting to "fix" lesbians via rape. Not homophobic (or misogynist for that matter) at all. More than a modicum.

Also "retarded" is ableist ty.

I wonder why you people don't get mad at MSI's Jimmy Urine...

on topic: hey, OldCheesey! did you listened to the RADICAL album?

When has anyone of MSI ever been relevant or had this much, unduly positive media attention.

When has anyone of MSI ever been relevant or had this much, unduly positive media attention.

you got a point there

Nope. I've only checked out some stuff on youtube for now. Radical's worth getting?

Nope. I've only checked out some stuff on youtube for now. Radical's worth getting?

RADICAL was the first stuff I listened from ODDFUTURE and I like it a lot more then Tyler's solo stuff. Awesome beats, variable lyrics and rythms. I'd say it is worth getting :D

Sign in to follow this