Sign in to follow this  
Guest Magatsu

Illigal music sharing

It may not even be appropriate for me to say this, but I just couldn't help but notice that the creator of this topic is listed as being active in the Downloads section of this forum. Maybe if you want to stop illegal music sharing, it might help to make sure you aren't part of the problem in the first place. :/

I was going to say this in my initial post, but I didn't want to be a big douchebag. But yes, I think it is hypocritical of you to say this:

Re: [REQ] THE SOUND BEE HD - Doku [Mini Album] 27.10.2010

I will upload later for you all

Re: [Mini Album]THE SOUND BEE HD - 毒 (2010/10/27)

thanks, you are faster then me, I actually wanted to upload it XD

STARWAVE RECORDS SPECIAL COMMENT CD

no image.

lix. the fool. calmando qual,sound bee hd, mr.satan, merrow, suicide ali & Xodiac

http://www.mediafire.com/?hn6ppmqpmpmmrjp

320kpbs.

Re: BLOOD - Bathory

thanks
"

And then come here and create this topic. How about you tell us why you upload releases, since members of this forum have been kind enough to do so in bulk already.

What blog post is the OP talking about? Wanted to read it but they failed to provide a link and all I could find was his Japanese blog. His Facebook is full of stupid shit morons tag him in so I didn't even bother looking at his Facebook wall.

Here's a more important question: if he's all of a sudden 100% against piracy, how is a blog better than the download section of this site? Where do you think they got all those links from? Their personal CD collection?

However, active bands? I don't like sharing for example their CDs. My Heaven's Luck Sister, I was one of the first to buy the single and hell it was only five dollars on CDJapan. A website in English that focuses on selling outside of Japan to foreigners, not hard to use at all and doesn't require a shopping service but I still had people messaging me asking me to share the single with them. I would send them the link to the site were you could buy it, most complained that they couldn't spend five fucking dollars. That's not my problem if you don't have the money, not everything is free and if you really really really want it get a job and buy it yourself.

I bought a copy when they only had 3 left because of you :staru:

However, active bands? I don't like sharing for example their CDs. My Heaven's Luck Sister, I was one of the first to buy the single and hell it was only five dollars on CDJapan. A website in English that focuses on selling outside of Japan to foreigners, not hard to use at all and doesn't require a shopping service but I still had people messaging me asking me to share the single with them. I would send them the link to the site were you could buy it, most complained that they couldn't spend five fucking dollars. That's not my problem if you don't have the money, not everything is free and if you really really really want it get a job and buy it yourself.

I bought a copy when they only had 3 left because of you :staru:

Gold star for you. :):staru::staru: It annoyed me to no end when people said they couldn't afford a five dollar single, I know with shipping involved it shoots the price up but you can just select SAL and it shouldn't be so bad. It seemed like such a shitty excuse.

What blog post is the OP talking about? Wanted to read it but they failed to provide a link and all I could find was his Japanese blog. His Facebook is full of stupid shit morons tag him in so I didn't even bother looking at his Facebook wall.

Here's a more important question: if he's all of a sudden 100% against piracy, how is a blog better than the download section of this site? Where do you think they got all those links from? Their personal CD collection?

Still curious to see what it says. Honestly, I know Kiwamu is a dick and not the most loved person among Japanese music fans. However he does put a lot of effort into making his band's CD easier to obtain for Western fans. If he gets upset with people uploading I don't understand why people think it's okay to laugh at him for getting upset. It's a legitimate reason to become upset, okay maybe throwing chairs is a bit too far but he is diverting a lot of his time and resources to help make it easier for Western fans to get their music. I mean, Blood's new single is ¥285 on HearJapan and it's not limited to only certain regions able to download it. If you say you can't afford that or some other BS excuse well then fuck you.

Oh, like when songs are on iTunes and people don't want to buy it? For example, there was a request thread for something that was on iTunes for 99 cents (I can't remember for the life of me what it was, I think it might have been Secilia Luna's digital release) so I said to the extent of "you know, it's on iTunes for less than a dollar. You can always just buy it instead of waiting for an upload." I believe someone's reaction was "no, I'm too cheap to buy [whatever number requester here]."

Oh, like when songs are on iTunes and people don't want to buy it? For example, there was a request thread for something that was on iTunes for 99 cents (I can't remember for the life of me what it was, I think it might have been Secilia Luna's digital release) so I said to the extent of "you know, it's on iTunes for less than a dollar. You can always just buy it instead of waiting for an upload." I believe someone's reaction was "no, I'm too cheap to buy [whatever number requester here]."

What about the dick that uploaded Misaruka's free song Merrow Sin, when it was free for download but they had to reupload it looooooool!

It annoyed me to no end when people said they couldn't afford a five dollar single, I know with shipping involved it shoots the price up but you can just select SAL and it shouldn't be so bad. It seemed like such a shitty excuse.

I do agree on this part, though I believe alot of people had the same problem as I had untill early 2011, not being owner of a visa card (atleast in sweden you can not connect other cards besides visa & mastercard to a paypal account either), and not being able to buy through parents cards... That sucks so bad.

yeh, i haven't do any online shopping ever until early this year.

no kidding. All CDs i owned were either bought when i am visiting a place that selling it.

or i ask some friend and family that going abroad to get me,

i literally give them lists on a paper or e-mail LOLOLO

But then i see it is more efficient to do it online so i think why not.

but speaking of iTunes, let alone Japanese albums,

even some major Western album like whatever artist out there are still getting pirated.

So it is really something that can be considered as habit.

I don;t think just because they're famous and wealthy,

so they would be happy or eligible to have their songs get pirated.

But under some circumstances, sharing is caring. Though not every time.

I was going to say this in my initial post, but I didn't want to be a big douchebag.

-post cut-

Even more ironically, all of those are from Kiwamu sponsered bands (correct me if I'm wrong). I guess even big anti-piracy advocates can't even be arsed to please Kiwamu. No huge surprise there. :/

I'm interested to hear OP's exact explanation, but there is a possibility this was only done for shiz and gigglez too.

@Arithmetica and Peace: It annoys me when people whine about wanting Japanese music to be cheaper, but refuse to take advantage of options like iTunes and such (when they are perfectly capable of doing it). I don't think that supports your case very well, at least in my opinion.

And while I'm convinced Kiwamu is the biggest drama llama in J-Rock I have ever known, you can't really blame him for feeling backstabbed sometimes. Even people who claim to be fans and read his blog don't even want to support him.

@Uglymouth: In case anyone wanted to know, CDJapan DOES accept payments in cash and international money order. Not the fastest options to use, but it beats not being able to buy something because you lack a credit card.

@Arithmetica and Peace: It annoys me when people whine about wanting Japanese music to be cheaper, but refuse to take advantage of options like iTunes and such (when they are perfectly capable of doing it). I don't think that supports your case very well, at least in my opinion.

It would be great, if iTunes would be avaiable in my country too - but still, I don't get people who problem about not being able to buy from japanese iTunes, because you can always get a card at eBay at a cheaper price (compared to some webshops). Of course, I don't always have the money to buy all the albums I'm intrested in, so I download many times - but on the other hand, there aren't too much good CD shops in Budapest, and many of the existing ones are extremely expensive, so I usually buy CDs (or some other merchandise) at the concerts I'm attending to. Not only because I think that they are cheaper there, but because I think if I buy the CD there, a bigger percent of the money will be their.

I understand that everybody wants to get paid for their work/music, but when I read interviews with Kiwamu or with other people, I always find it strange that they think of file sharing as one of the worst things in life - c'mon, I think many of us wouldn't even know that vk exists or would gave up searching for music because they have absolutely no luck. Don't want to say that file sharing is the best thing on earth, but thinking about it as the worst things in life is wrong imho. It's a kind of promotion, I think. Most of the companies can't accept, that times are changing, and the older way of selling music does not work, that's the reason they fight so hard against illegal file sharing - but on the other hand, many bands realised, that they earn much more money with touring; I talked with many hungarian bands, and they also said, that the biggest part of their income is from the gigs (that's why I usually prefer concerts to buying CDs), not from the CDs. That's why I like contacting bands directly about buying their CDs, I get the feeling, that I'm paying directly to them, not for the record companies/CD shops.

I usually share what I got, because for example, I know, how much I wanted to have lloy's last EP, and that I had to spend much money on it, and I don't want others to go through this process: but I hate when somebody bully me because I don't want to share a CD I've got.

:staru:

@Uglymouth: In case anyone wanted to know, CDJapan DOES accept payments in cash and international money order. Not the fastest options to use, but it beats not being able to buy something because you lack a credit card.

^ it will be so fun if cash order meaning the western union or money gram or service alike.

everyone can now purchase CDs with that option.

Wait, do somepeople here have problems about people not wanting to buy MP3 files? Pay for MP3 files? Seriously, that's the MOST understandable thing in the world.

i don't mind paying 4 mp3s but it'd be nice if they'd give extra shit with it. at least give me scans of the booklet or translated lyrics or a photoset or SOMETHING. give the consumer a reason to actually buy the mp3 instead of just d/ling

well that is one of the stigma too, right?

it is a pickle for me too before, but not now.

I tried to get hard copy when possible.

but for being practical mp3s is not bad of an option too.

i mean i don't need more space in house to store my already too much CDs

i'd have to rent a bigger apartment or even a mansion

if my collections keep getting bigger and bigger.

to get my collections it's own room or something.

Also in computer age today,

most CDs that bought will be ripped in digital format in the end.

Either it is Mp3, WMA, FLAC, WAV, etc.

So it is not that different, anyway.

While the CD itself only become dusting on the corner of the house.

Or only played when driving in car.

I mean how many people still using discman today?

Or tape deck on their car?

The value of the CD is only for sheer of feeling that one really buy something.

Something physical, that can bee seen, and touched.

It makes people feels somewhat secure with spending their money.

And as part of memorabilia and merchandise of the artist.

I'll be the only honest one here and say that I haven't bought an album since Between the Buried and Me's 2009 The Great Misdirect.

I RARELY buy music unless I really want to. For example, I plan on buying Dir en grey's MOO and BTBAM's upcoming album this fall.

I guess it depends on the band itself and how available an album is.

Most Japanese music I just download because I can't afford their constant releasing and I know a LOT of places to download.

Now with American music, it's easier to access and they don't release stuff all the fucking time. So it's affordable.

Wait, do somepeople here have problems about people not wanting to buy MP3 files? Pay for MP3 files? Seriously, that's the MOST understandable thing in the world.

I don't have a problem with them at all. I actually don't like paying for MP3's myself that much because I prefer having the physical copies. I only see a problem with the people who beg and beg for cheaper things (or else!), but won't even buy the stuff when it does become cheaper.

I think it would be easier to pay a few cents to get, a digital single for instance, rather than wasting your time pestering people to share? I could understand if we were talking about $30 a pop, but $5? $.99? Eh, really? :/

I'll be the only honest one here and say that I haven't bought an album since Between the Buried and Me's 2009 The Great Misdirect.

Lol wait, so you think people who say they buy a lot (of Japanese music presumably) are lying about it?

^I can show you some nice pictures of my collection though :P

I like buying CDs, and especially when I have some kind of bond with them (like getting a Girugamesh Cd a week before its release, getting a CD signed, or just getting it cheap because there's a minor scratch on the box and the Japanese dude couldn't explain anything in english.)

There are still lots of people who buy CDs when they can. The moment some band comes to play over here, and I didn't buy their album yet, I just go and get it. At least I know the money will be going to them instead of the companies.

I like buying CDs, and especially when I have some kind of bond with them (like getting a Girugamesh Cd a week before its release, getting a CD signed, or just getting it cheap because there's a minor scratch on the box and the Japanese dude couldn't explain anything in english.)

There are still lots of people who buy CDs when they can. The moment some band comes to play over here, and I didn't buy their album yet, I just go and get it. At least I know the money will be going to them instead of the companies.

True at that last part. I didn't buy Versailles' Jubilee album on its release, but at their Europe tour concert. I was like: fuck it, they just gave me a great show, so I'll spend those 30 euros on it. Whenever bands come over and I'm not able to buy their albums, I ALWAYS buy merch to be able to support them.

It would be great, if iTunes would be avaiable in my country too - but still, I don't get people who problem about not being able to buy from japanese iTunes, because you can always get a card at eBay at a cheaper price (compared to some webshops). Of course, I don't always have the money to buy all the albums I'm intrested in, so I download many times - but on the other hand, there aren't too much good CD shops in Budapest, and many of the existing ones are extremely expensive, so I usually buy CDs (or some other merchandise) at the concerts I'm attending to. Not only because I think that they are cheaper there, but because I think if I buy the CD there, a bigger percent of the money will be their.

Ah yes, that's always balls. In the US we don't get as many digital releases on iTunes and Amazon compared to some European countries. :-( I know you can cheat the system and use proxies but I've never actually done it.

Why do distributes even wait to release it in other regions or block it from being released in certain places? I don't get it, why just not release it world wide?

I don't have a problem with them at all. I actually don't like paying for MP3's myself that much because I prefer having the physical copies. I only see a problem with the people who beg and beg for cheaper things (or else!), but won't even buy the stuff when it does become cheaper.

I think it would be easier to pay a few cents to get, a digital single for instance, rather than wasting your time pestering people to share? I could understand if we were talking about $30 a pop, but $5? $.99? Eh, really? :/

Pretty much this ~

I honestly don't buy MP3s from iTunes haha, only as a last resort. I guess it's just the DRM stigma. I know there aren't any more DRMs but didn't they lower the quality of their music after removing the DRMs? I don't really know (or care) because most of the time I order CDs themselves.

^ Well. For the most part - yeah.

Yeah, same here. I've got a crapload. Entire discos of my favorite bands, plus random other stuff. Am definitely not lying or joking on that one, lol.

Quite out of the topic but

I thought there is topic about that? Post your collection or something?

I remember posts some of mine there.

Who would lie about owning stuff? That makes me laugh because I can't imagine someone who would lie about something so petty haha. Has there ever been a case? I can imagine people posting rips that aren't theirs and being douchey about it saying they ripped it. Most of the time, those people usually write "lol, I don't remember how I got it lololol"