Sign in to follow this  
allisapp

Glasses

Yay, now we have a thread for users who have glasses too. (... well, or not) How long time you've had your glasses/bad eyesight? Or do you only use glasses for reading? Or not at all, because you don't need them/you think they're ugly? Do you have a contact lenses?

I realized that my eyesight had gotten bad about six years ago. Got my glasses soon, but they still get more bad because I read everything closely. I've heard many times that I should get a reading glasses, but I think these are enough. It would be annoying to change from reading glasses to normal glasses all the time. Now I'm going to get a contact lenses on next wednesday, which I'm really waiting. (I always have to be really careful on gigs, because my glasses are really loose which makes them fall easily.

I have astigmatism and I've been wearing glasses for as long as I can remember. I can function fine without them, but wearing them always helps.

I just broke my glasses recently so I'm gonna need to get a new pair soon. I absolutely despise contacts. XD

every sentence above starts with "I" :(

Haha, funny thread.

I got glasses about 8 years ago, because my eyesight was garbage. I wore them (full-time!) for 6 years-ish and then tried out contacts. I made a slow progression alternating between glasses and contacts, until switching fully to contact lenses. Once you get over the grief of touching your eyes to put them in, they're more comfortable and you don't have to worry about smudging and stuff. And you have better peripheral vision, woo! But when I came to Germany for my study abroad, I kinda stopped wearing contacts and switched back to glasses! Now it's at the point where if I wore my contacts, everyone would say I look weird without my glasses, haha. Guess I'll switch back, when I return to America, lol.

So I don't know really, I like them about equally!

(And poor Kitty5, I remember when you posted in the shoutbox about sitting on your glasses!)

I had to use glasses for readin, watching TV and using the computer back in the days. I thinkI got them around 4th grade and used them up and until 9th grade. I never had a problem with it,e ven though I do look rather stupid with glasses.

But, I do have a fetish for girls with glasses. It's damn sexy and a huge turn on if the manage to look a little nerdy! :D

I used to have glasses, but not anymore. My left eye still is worse than my right one though. Wish I could get it fixed.

Without vision aid, I almost can't function. to be in school, read, drive, or anything.

I've been badly near-sighted since I was seven-years-old. I couldn't see the board at school and my grades fell because of it. (I was too shy to say I couldn't see). I wore glasses with bifocal lenses up until I entered middle school. I was determined not get rid of them, even though I was old enough to "graduate" to contacts.

I ended up losing them on a white water rafting trip and I finally gave in and tried contacts. I swear they are a gift from God. And I look a hundred times better without those things on my face all the time. Also I can do stuff without worrying about them falling off, bending, or screws coming loose. Only thing I dislike about contacts is the process of removing them/putting them in, which is painstaking since they are so delicate - one little roll up is all it takes.

Ever since then, I've always only worn contact lenses. Whenever I wear glasses now, I get mild vertigo/nausea.

hm I got mine recently... on 25th may, actually xD

My left eye muscles are a lot weaker than the right ones, so when I'm tired or not concentrated, my left eye was running away freely to wherever it wanted to go xD

I wasn't very concerned about it before my head started badly aching on a daily basis (which never happened to me-actually before that, I only felt bad headache 2 or 3 times in my life) so I finally went to see the eyedoctor (what's the name???) and he said I could stay cross-eyed forever if I don't wear them now (also doc mentioned smth about bad "adaption" which is in my age normal to be 14 and mine is hardly 7) :/

I found a design I like though, and got myself some comfort in looking at jrockers with glasses pics xD

I wore near-sighted glasses in 2nd-3rd grade I think. I wore them like 2 years? I was told if I wear them it gets better and I don't need to wear them.. often then. It got better, much better. I didn't wear them since then (still have them somewhere :D those big ugly glasses)... But it get worse again, so I need to go to the eyedoctor again. But there is a little problem I have bad ears like.. one is upper then the second :? so if I wear glasses one eye is out of view.. So can they do something about it? like customize it? (Big glasses don't suit me :? ) Maybe a little stupid question but I can't be the only one with this problem...

Glasses is love :wub:

Thanks to excessive reading when laid down

and plying PlayStation and handheld consoles closely.

I started wearing it when i hit first grade of High School.

A near sighted glasses.

The eye test kinda funnay, had to read these alphabets in various sizes,

felt like back to kindergarten in seconds lol

And choosing my first frames are quite challenging my fashion sense too.

It took me like 1 hours before i find what i fit with.

The optician seems really having bored looks on her face by then LAWL.

My first glasses was minus 2 for both lenses.

But i had a new glasses since that time, right now mine is 2.7

Had changes 5 times so far.

2 times lost, OMG,the problem with glasses :oops:

and 2 other time was because the lenses broke.

and the last time because i change my minus 2 to minus 2.7

Oh i also have a pair of near sighted shades too

very helpful that, help me to look bad ass without sacrificing my sights 8)

But, I do have a fetish for girls with glasses. It's damn sexy and a huge turn on if the manage to look a little nerdy! :D

:wub:

I also have a thing for girls with sexy and at the same time geeky glasses.

In fact, glasses look good on most people. I really don't understand those who go for contact lenses. A good looking pair of glasses that fit the shape of your face beats the hassle of getting those lenses in the right position any time.

I would definitely get some when my eyes start to go downhill. Which will most likely happen because my parents' both have glasses. But I really don't care.

I used to have glasses...and my eyesight isn't the best (my right eye is worse than my left)...I should get new glasses soon.

I'm thinking about contacts as well...I already use colored lenses for fun, so putting them in is no hassle for me.

I really don't understand those who go for contact lenses.

I've tried switching to glasses last year, and besides paying a little bit over four hundred bucks for a nice looking frame and lens work, I was badly surprised by how fucked my peripheral vision is when I wear them.

Never had that trouble with contacts, and I'm wearing them for good 15 years now.

the hassle of getting those lenses in the right position any time.

that hassle is under a minute, twice a day. It takes longer to brush your teeth.

Not to mention you can wear contacts and a frame with zero power glasses for extra nerdy look (which is really awesome on some people, not really on others).

nah, i am a messy guy, contacts don't do good with me for daily usage.

I would not mind to use it for fashion reason though, for a day, not everyday.

I am not a person that would bother to get a new pair every 3 months.

Or for that matter, cleaning contacts every night before sleep.

I am quite forgetful too, as mentioned, i even lost few pairs of glasses.

Let alone doing hygiene routines for contacts. It is such a kerfufle!

Or to put some eye drops whenever it dried when i am wearing it.

I have once forgotten to took off the contacts that i wore for the day before sleep also.

Lucky nothing bad happen. Or else who would know what will happen.

Some of the reasons. Not making that up.

But to see this, even if i really want to, it just don't suit my life style.

Unfortunately.

I see.

I guess I just shaped my daily routines so I feel perfectly comfortable with contacts.

I always carry eye-drops with me, and wear bi-weekly replacement lenses.

(it's ok to sleep in your contacts occasionally, btw. I do that when I'm flying for 10+ hours for example and don't want to touch my eyes after using a public restroom.)

I have very mild Long sightedness. So I got advised to get reading glasses for near work such as studying and well obviously reading. I haven't got them yet though.

Aside from me, everyone in my family needs glasses. However, I do like the look of them. I think they look good on most people, and from what I understand, the key is to find glasses that suit your face shape the best. Though I have to admit that I'm terrified of contact lenses. I probably wouldn't even touch them with a ten-foot pole. The idea of putting something directly in my eyes sounds completely foreign to me. I'm sure it isn't nearly as bad as I've made it out to be, but unless there's a real necessity, I'd rather stay clear of them.

I have been wearing glasses since elementary school (maybe since I was 8-10?). My vision at this point is pretty damn bad, I can't function very well without them on.I personally think I look better in glasses actually, I have developed dark circles under my eyes, and they are seriously not nearly as noticeable when I put my glasses on. I tried contacts earlier this year and ended up giving up...it seriously takes me 30-45 min to get them in and by the time they are in my eyes are irritated and I am just frustrated (that or I give up they just piss me off so much). I wish I could get them in easier, If I could I totally would wear them more often. They would help a lot for sports. I found that all the contacts I have tried though don't correct my vision as well as my glasses which is very irritating as well.

I have been wearing these guys for the past 2 years, I really should consider getting a new pair.

12-324.jpg

I tried contacts earlier this year and ended up giving up...it seriously takes me 30-45 min to get them in and by the time they are in my eyes are irritated and I am just frustrated (that or I give up they just piss me off so much).

omg, that's really... horrifying. did you have a person showing how to put them on?

my first optometrist was wearing contacts herself, so she just took one of hers off and showed how to get it back.

I generally avoid looking directly on the lens, than lightly press it with my finger so there's no air left under the lens and it slides onto its place easily after I blink a couple of times.

I found that all the contacts I have tried though don't correct my vision as well as my glasses which is very irritating as well.

that's weird, generally contacts have stronger ocular power for the same dioptre than glasses; those of my friends who switched noticed it too.

sometimes wrong prescription can cause extra blurriness and discomfort though, sometimes you have to cycle through a couple of brands to get the right one (I can't wear ciba vision contacts for example)

I think I had two different "training" sessions on how to put them in, but my blink reflex is so strong it makes it next to impossible to put them in. As for the blurriness, I tried 4 different contact lenses/brands and the one I went with was more or less the one that made it the "least" blurry. Driving at night with contacts in was next to impossible because all the lights came off as really bright and blurry and made everything else hard to see. I think my astigmatism just fucks things up too bad or I have a shitty Optometrist.

Astigmatism might be the case, actually. There're contacts, specifically made to take care of it (toric lens), but they take time to get used to and need special attention when putting on.

I'm not sure about details, it was like two weeks adaptation time or something.

Glasses are cool as fuck and people that have glasses are cool as fuck. Contacts are dumb.

I have had glasses since I was either six or seven, I honestly can't remember but I've always had them. I'm far-sighted and when I was younger my vision was shit but now it's A-okay and when I go to my optometrist my prescription doesn't change very much. So I've kept previous pairs and can pretty much inter-change them on a day to day basis.

I don't have a favourite brand of frames and honestly don't give a shit about brandnames but I have thought about getting some mucho expensive frames since my insurance will cover so why the fuck not? My glasses have always typically been black plastic frames, way before hipster douche bags made them uncool.

I'm kind of over due for a new pair and Costco has eye-glass services so I might get my new pair from there. I moved away from my old optometrist I've had since a little kid and I feel like I'm betraying him if I go to Costco lolololol.

I got my contact lenses today. Feels actually great, but a little bit weird. Now in month I will go there again and see if there are some nice glasses, because my eyesight has gotten bad, so I can't see well with my recent glasses.

Because of these contact lenses, I feel really tall. (And everybody elses does too) Everything looks weird now. @_@

Sign in to follow this