Sign in to follow this  
Champ213

Regarding that "Foolish Mindcore" nonsense

Ok, after we had like 3 request topic for this, an allegded livehouse distributed CD by Girugemash, and people PM'ing me about it, I though i'd make this topic to clarify some things.

Anyway, there are some very good reasons to assume that this file does not exist.

1. This is what Byou posted one one of the reques threads:

they had no live at this day.

there are no official sources stating that it was even released.

no mention about any live distributed at their blog.

they are all poppy now , why should they release a song called mindcore?

the only people who claim that they h ave it at last fm are all newly registred and only listened to a few songs.

no copies showed up at yahoo auctions or mbok (its girugamesh why shouldnt it be at auction sites?)

2. Regarding the last.fm scrobblers, there is something very odd indeed.

People that have scobbled the file or claim to have it:

http://www.last.fm/user/damned7 (Registered 12 Jul 2010, 5 scrobbles)

http://www.last.fm/user/kyosou_kyoku (Registered 12 Jul 2010, 16 scrobbles)

http://www.last.fm/user/kryzyss (Registered Jul 17, 16 scrobbles)

http://www.last.fm/user/shadowdio

This one seems to be only the "real" profile, as it was registered 6 months ago. Interestingly, all listening data was reset on July 20th, the same day the following things happened:

A user signed up under the name "shadowdio" at TW. Minutes later he signed up another account from the same IP, called "bowwow". Right after registration, he created the request thread for that file under the name bowwow. A file that he alledgedly scrobbled on last.fm often enough to become the Top Listener (under the name shadowdio.) See here: >>Link

It gets even better. It has been brought to my attention that not long ago somebody edited Girugamesh's wikipedia page to add that release to their discography section. I checked the revision history to see who inserted the reference to that single. The edits were made from an anonymous user only identified bis his IP. I checked this IP too and, unsurprisingly, found out that is from the same city as the user shadowdio/bowwow and uses the same service provider. I think it's safe to assume that it's the same person again.

Of course this all doesn't rule out that this single exists, but it seems to be highly unlikely that is does, as there is really no good evidence for it. More likely is that the person shadowdio created several fake last.fm profiles, edited the wiki page, and made a fake account here to request a file that doesn't exist, for whatever purpose. Maybe he wants to fap to people requesting something that doesn't exist. Maybe he had planned to upload a fake file at some point, I don't know. Maybe that person shadowdio just bought into a hoax himself, but that doesn't explain why he scrobbled the file at some point and then came here to request it under an alter ego name.

If anybody has any tangible evidence for the existence of this file (not random people claiming they have it), feel free to add it here so that we can clear things up. Until there is some proof I will delete any further request made for this file.

Also, feel free to link to this page when people elsewhere ask for this file.

The Japanese wikipedia has been edited with the information too (unless that's the one you meant).

You know, for solid proof, someone could ask the band members via twitter if they've released a song by that name, although there's no guarantee they'll reply. It would clear things up officially.

Other than that, there's no evidence of the single anywhere apart from last.fm and here (and now some Spanish forum). I find the whole thing rather sad. To go through all this trouble? Whoever it is must have a lot of time on their hands or a very dull sense of humour.

No, I was talking about the english version. But for what it's worth, the japanese version was edited from the same ISP/location as the english one, as was the spanish version (and maybe other language versions, I was too lazy to check). As a matter of fact, the person in question is from Buenos Aires, Argentina, so it's no surprise it's spread around spanish forums.

The effort put into this is amazing. I honestly thought people had stopped making up songs to look cool on Last.fm in 2006, but it seems they are still able to take the insanity of this file sharing thing to a whole new level.

wow... i was randomly reads the request thread posted by that bowwow person.

and only remember champ have locked it and was posting so many "hmm's" that makes me giggles.

didn't thought the impact would be this big.

i remember one member on old tw.net that also named as shadowdio.

and if my brain didn't fail me, that user was an active downloader among anyother activities on board.

i suspect whoever that scrobbles such song might scrobbles any random song that have already get the file informations edited.

that is not a hard thing to do right?

with iTunes or any other media player, one could edit any song informations at ease.

but one not fooling anybody but him/herself by doing so.

that if the case it's never exist. which i believe it is,

since byou say it is not exist.

i remember one member on old tw.net that also named as shadowdio.

and if my brain didn't fail me, that user was an active downloader among anyother activities on board.

He was. As a matter of fact, he used the member title "trade only hater" and created a topic "Stuff we'll never see around" to rant about rare stuff that was impossible to get because of people who wouldn't share it.

Which does not explain why he would scrobble a fake file, edit various wiki pages to indicate that the song exists and create a fake TW account to request this file. I can't prove that he also created the other last.fm profiles but it seems highly likely.

It is of course possible that he got a badly tagged file in the first place, but I'd venture to say Girugamesh is distinctive enough that one would notice a fake file right after the first minute. And then you don't go and scrobble it or modify wikipedia pages.

Maybe he wanted to piss off some traders by spreading rumors of some rare Girugamesh file and then try to get people to trade for it? I don't know. Since he's a member here, maybe he wants to explain himself what's behind this.

Maybe he wanted to piss off some traders by spreading rumors of some rare Girugamesh file and then try to get people to trade for it? I don't know. Since he's a member here, maybe he wants to explain himself what's behind this.

This seems very likely to me. He probably wanted dems rarez and fabricated a rarez himself.

Well, as fas as I'm concerend he can screw over as many traders as he wants to, if they're guillable enough to make such a trade without doing some checking. But he should keep this crap off TW with making fake accounts and bogus request threads.

So, making long stories short, this single is the best they've ever made, and I stopped listening to them shortly after they've released their self-titled in 2007 =) (which was awesome, everything they made after it was made of pure shite)

curious

Guest o hai itz will

Oh god...the amount of time someone has on their hands to get Internet popularity is ridiculous. This wasn't even a troll, it was someone with no life that wanted to dedicate their time to feeling superior to everyone because supposedly they had a song that no one else did. I hate people like this, but I dislike them ESPECIALLY if the song they are bragging about does not even exist!

Stuff like this happens too much, it really needs to stop.

LOL, why Girugamesh?

Thanks for posting this up. Very, very curious. . . :spin:

It does kinda sound like someone who has a vendetta against uploaders - or, those who refuse to do so - trying to exact some sort of "revenge."

Edit: lol, one of those accounts was listening to Seeles Klar Unend

Why not Girugamesh? How better to make people annoyed by a "rarez" file than have it by someone who's popular?

Still this is fucking hilarious.

Nice. If this guy has so much spare time, then I want him to give me some.

...I lol'ed, honestly. There's no way Girugamesh nowadays could name something as a 'mindcore', lol. Still, he and this story are fucking hilarious.

this reminds me with one similiar situation with DeG before,

if anyone remember, there was peoples that claiming having rarez by them

but actually having wrongly tagged file called "Rebirth" that actually

song by Eliphas Levi. That was pretty... frantic, at that time.

It's probably the same person as "Enlightt," to convince everyone that we're mindless robots who leech off of consumerism's toxins.
And you're also forgetting that the Illuminati are the ones controlling the world.

Still this is fucking hilarious.
I agree...it's funny. XD

And why girugamesh? They are like...polemic nowadays. You only have to mention them and people will start discussing about genres, changes in the band's style and stuff. It was a good shot overall. XD

But it could be better.. he should have created a japanese blog months ago and then posting about it in japanese, also showing a pic of the CD itself!

Once someone created and edited a whole booklet of a "new secret Do As Infinity album" on daiforum.com, and he said it was an Dive At It-only (official japanese fan-club) release. He printed it, and it was just perfect... even the CD itself, tracklists, all! It was supposed to be "Do The Acoustic".

Everyone fell for it. Everyone.

Later he said he was joking and it was an "april fools" joke, thing is... he's spanish, and Spain's equivalent of april fools is in december. THAT was a lot more convincent than last.fm scrobbles. XD

I'm glad this doesn't exist though... "foolish mindcore" sounds like a stupid title to me.

For all the effort it was done rather sloppily. Like, claiming it was a live distributed release and not checking if they actually had a live that day.

Sign in to follow this