Sign in to follow this  
No.47

ZUNE OR Ipod Touch

Which one is the best.  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best.

• Zune
    • Ipod Touch

I'm currently have an Ipod nano and I'm thinking about upgrading my music player.

I'm thinking about getting a ZUNE but I really don't know if it can support Japanese font.

I'm also thinking about getting an Ipod touch because I can't do more with that.

Which one do you think is the best mp3 player out there.

Even though MS pays my bills and I dislike Apple for the most part go with the iPod Touch. I have the Zune HD and it's a nice little device but I never actually liked or really used it as a music player. It also has zero Last.fm support, that is if you are a Last.fm user. Additionally the Zune player software is buggy as hell and has a hard time supporting Japanese text. Also again, does not support Last.fm scrobbling.

There are other options that aren't a Zune or an iPod. I'm currently looking for a music player as well (see also: my thread on the entertainment board) . Someone posted a link to a website that gives tons of options that aren't made by Microsoft, nor Apple.

Zune HD is kwl shit but I've had an iPod touch since it's release. Despite having a huge hatred for Apple.

I have both. But i more prefer my iPod classic for storage capacity reason.

iPod touch doesn't have a big hard disk yet and that is weak for me. Anyway, i use my iPod touch for playing games like Angry birds than listening music though, since i don't own (and don't planning to, yet) iPhone lol

And to correct Arithmetica, there is a way for scrobbling music plays from Zune to last.fm, the software is called Zuse and here is a little tutorial how to work it

and there is also another program called Zenses too, beside Zuse. So it's not zero support, but Zune is more technical and pro just like Foobar2000 and android that may dedicated for computer enthusiast whereas iPod are user friendly that even my 7 yo nephew can work it without problems.

The Zune HD is a really good piece of hardware, but I would be reluctant to get it because the Zune brand is going away. I would go with a touch solely for the fact that you might be supported longer. Personally, I would never get anything besides an ipod classic. They have enough space to fit my whole collection on there, they are not touchscreen so I can navigate without taking it out my pocket (invaluable), and they don't have the unnecessary extra bullshit on there. I have my mp3 player as an mp3 player, nothing else. I have a phone that can handle the rest.

ipod touch ftw.

i got mine and i love it, bad thing abt it is that it only has 64 gb of space only

iPod Touch. As others have said, Zune's completely dated, no last.fm support (if that's applicable) and the player is awful. Just awful. It's slow, buggy, crashes, completely butchers your tags and has a smaller store selection than iTunes' store does (even if iTunes sometimes butchers the translation of the names).

Sony bean. Is much better http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=sony+bean&cp=8&um=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1024&bih=578&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6928144290226482176&sa=X&ei=Zm3iTf-fPOPd0QHQp5yVBw&ved=0CFgQ8wIwAQ

Seriously though Zune is like dead...out of my 40578495743897 friends here only 2 have it and like it. SO my vote goes to ipod touch.

F Apple. So sick of their shitty product. Though I can't vouch for zune, doesn't sound particularly amazing. Looking for a 3rd party mp3 player. All I want is big HD and music only. I don't even need a color screen!

Looking for a 3rd party mp3 player. All I want is big HD and music only. I don't even need a color screen!

You mean China Made?

clmlp59f1mp4all.jpg

Quality is questionable but have large selections of colours and designs.

And very affordable too, like you could bought 3 of it or so with the price of iPod.

Or like the guy on Vengaboys MV said, "cheap cheap!" :mrgreen:

Sign in to follow this