Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

MERRY live-only single 03/19

MERRY will release a live-only single (1 song) called Hameln from March 19th which can be bought throughout their 10th anniversary 【freak show】 tour. Here's the source (sorry, I don't know Japanese).

Also, taken from the OHP:

・3/19 新宿BLAZE「裏【fraek show】」より販売いたします。

・【freak show】仕様(会場により色が異なります)

・会場限定盤につき、お買い求めはお一人様1枚までとさせていただきます。

edit: "the single will be released since their live at Shinjuku BLAZE at 2011/03/19" (thanks to Trombe for the clarification!)

Live-only singles may be the stupidest thing I have ever heard about, but the song will end up on the internet sooner or later anyway, and I am quite excited for this. Great band!

Awww, live-only means I'll probably never get it!

I'm still excited to hear it, but damn.

Live-only singles may be the stupidest thing I have ever heard about

Agreed.

Has there ever been a live-only single with a song that has been proven unmissable in a band's discography? Not one I've heard... they've all been songs which were previously album rejects or did not even make it as a b-side on some single. Or at least they sound like that.

It's a cheap way for bands to attract more audience to their shows (or justify the high price of a ticket for that show), to offer some sort of exclusivity which in the end appears to be something everyone could've easily done without.

I don't have high expectations for this... but I still have for their upcoming album, whenever it comes.

Has there ever been a live-only single with a song that has been proven unmissable in a band's discography? Not one I've heard... they've all been songs which were previously album rejects or did not even make it as a b-side on some single. Or at least they sound like that.

This is Merry we're talking about. They make so many kickass songs they simply don't have room for them. They have songs they've never recorded and only play live from time to time that are awesome, their B-sides are amazing and even random songs attached to their history books and limited DVD's are unmissable.

Anyway, they said this was made specifically for the tour and just recently recorded, so it's representative of current Merry. Hope we'll get to hear it.

3月19日(土) → 6月4日(土) 新宿BLAZE (CORE??定) 18:15 / 19:00

3月26日(土) → 6月9日(木) ??Thumb Up 18:30 / 19:00

3月29日(??) → 6月10日(金) HEAVEN'S ROCK熊谷 18:30 / 19:00

3月31日(木) → 6月14日(??) ???屋OZON 18:15 / 19:00

4月1日(金) → 6月16日(木) 岡山IMAGE 18:30 / 19:00

4月3日(日) → 6月17日(金) 大阪umeda AKASO 18:15 / 19:00※

4月8日(金) → 6月19日(日) 赤??BLITZ 17:15 / 18:00※

Postponed.

It's a cheap way for bands to attract more audience to their shows (or justify the high price of a ticket for that show), to offer some sort of exclusivity which in the end appears to be something everyone could've easily done without.

I don't have high expectations for this... but I still have for their upcoming album, whenever it comes.

Usually true but not always quite. Sel'm's Kage is a wonderful song. Deadman had a few great songs on their live distributed. But yea, that's all that come off top of my head.

Sign in to follow this