Sign in to follow this  
Erin

The Kiwamu Thread

If you still want to know what he wrote..

I'm not going to translate it but he's talking about how he's gotten more and more requests from media for his bands and that he really likes it because it means the label is growing and that there's also been a lot of requests from overseas media which he also thinks is wonderful. The problem however is that the coverage from overseas media is in English and a lot of bands aren't able to hold an interview in English. He calls bullshit and says something like they studied English for 6 years in school and that they can always try to figure it out by using a dictionary and he wonders if those bands who say they can't don interviews in English even really want to go overseas for lives because they make no effort.

He admits his English isn't that great either and says that he hates it (trying to speak English), but since 2002 he's had to communicate with foreign bands and do interviews and negotiations for tours in English and so on and so on and because there was no helping it and because of all the emails he gets in English every day he got used to it.

And well basically he wants bands to stop being useless and to stop whining about not being able to speak English and just try.

To be honest, I think he has a point...

Guest Magatsu

That's what he is talking about lot of times. He really does struggle with that problem a lot.

And he has really a good point.

Almost all bands saying "English, I don't understand"

But I also can understand that bands think "if oversea fans like us, they should try to learn Japanese"

But it's Kiwamu's job to kick those people asses that they learn English. And that they communicate in English too.

However how does he wanna do that? if he doesn't allow that bands chat to much with their fans?

The only way to learn English is, that you should use it almost everyday.....

And in Japan.. everything is in Japanese... you will not be pushed at all to use it.

Sign in to follow this