Sign in to follow this  
stylelover

SHINee

They better get their ass to Korea again before I totally don't care about their releases anymore :s Happened with a few groups before and to be honest I don't want it to happen with SHINee, they're like one of the first groups I've followed since their debut.

I normally don't have any problems with Japanese releases, I even respect 2PM and MBLAQ more now, but SHINee, well mainly their company, did some stupid and silly things :s

Tracklist:

01 LUCIFER

02 AMIGO(JAPANESE VERSION)

03 JULIETTE

04 BETTER

05 To Your Heart

06 Always Love

07 Replay -君は僕のeverything-

08 START

09 Love Like Oxygen

10 Hello

11 The SHINee World

12 Seesaw

5 new songs. Seeing as most Japanese versions of the old songs are upbeat, they'll probably be ballads :(

Sherlock was a pretty nice song, but I kind of heard it after 5 listens, nothing special anymore. The other tracks where Sherlock was made out of (Clue and Note) sound pretty similar to Sherlock and don't do much for me. They tried pulling a GEMINI here and it didn't work. Stranger was already released in Japanese, and I never was that big a fan of it. The Reason is boring and that other ballad was OK. I expected more tbh.

Just thought I'd post here since... well, I actually like Sherlock.

I've never been a fan of k-pop as a whole, since the general electronic/hip-hoppy/dance style that predominates doesn't appeal to me at all. I can practically count the number of k-pop songs that I like on one hand. I was flipping through my TV channels and came across "mnet" and they were playing random k-pop videos (wtf, such a channel exists?). Sherlock was on and the dance choreography caught my attention (I thought all the ripple effects they did were noice). Overall, Sherlock is a cool looking video and the song definitely isn't your average k-pop track. I like the cheesy horns and the synths are nice. Most of the guys have pretty good voices too. At times, it reminded me of a Michael Jackson track, which is not a bad thing.

I checked out their earlier hits on youtube (Replay, Juliette, Lucifer, etc) and realized that I didn't really like any of them, haha. Oh well.

PS: despite all my years of VK desensitization, I thought Taemin was a girl at first...

aaah, so a shinee-thread DOES exist, nice.

so, vol.3 part 2 just came out (misconceptions...) any thoughts so far? i've just completed my first listen and am a bit underwhelmed, maybe it'll grow on me.

like fitear it was sherlock that pretty much put them on the map for me, the stuff before kind of went by me, and also now after exploring their disco a bit, there's ony a couple of tracks that i REALLY like (dammit quasimodo is a beast of a song, even learned it on guitar :P, lucifer is nice too)

but misconceptions part 1 then was absolute killer, brilliant songwriting and production, great single+single-video etc. so i was really pumped for part2, but i'm not to sure what to think of it right now. only tracks that made it into my memory (as of now) where the single (y so srs, but maybe only because also the MV, don't really like it...), orgel and sleepless night.

it all seems a little bit like a toned down version of the first part, which is a weird order :P

also i have to agree on that michael jackson vibe (with a healthy dose of jamiroquai aswell...), "drunk-ass-love" or sth from part one is soo jackson-y, it's brilliant :D , they do have some really great songwriters and producers at times...

soooo new SHINee track out, any thoughts?

although i don't really dig this song in particular (the "everyybooody, eeeeeverybooody" singalong chorus doesn't really do it for me) i think the complextro genre could be extremely well fitting for them!

also these looks and the new choreography are pretty dope too, stoked for the upcoming album...

normally i would be excited, because for the last two albums they always had better songs on the albums then the main song, but this time te medley didnt sound too good, so i am a little bit afraid that i wont like it at all.

speaking of the song itself its ok like dream girl and why so serious.

I actually think this is their best come back ever since like Lucifer. Sherlock was close, but I think that chorus for Sherlock is kind of "blah". The other songs that were lead tracks were IMO not memorable or just not that good (couldn't STAND Dream Girl). This song actually is very very good! I feel like they tore it up and the dancing is awesome! Probably my favorite SHINee song ever to be honest.

Sign in to follow this