Sign in to follow this  
Guest o hai itz will

Best Plastic Tree album?

I've made a best album thread before for Sid and it helped a lot when I was starting to get into them. Now I would really like to know what you guys all think is the best Plastic Tree album? there's sooo many so I really don't know where to start. and all of your help would be greatly appreciated! Oh and if you state which one, please give a small description why.

Thanks!

I've actually never listened to this band, and I'm sure that would be considered blasphemy to some. So yeah, I'd actually be interested in knowing you all's opinions too...

Well, two of my favorite Plastic Tree songs are Dummy Box and Fiction, which are both on Utsusemi, so I'd say that's a good place to start. Also, I think Gestalt Houkai is a best album, and if you're just getting into them it might be a good idea to check that out and see what songs are considered their best.

I'll come back and explain the whys and whats later, but my personal favourites are puppet show and Chandelier. Short explanation right now: Chandelier was the one I started with and I feel it has a nice balance of heaviness, melodiousness, grittiness and... balladness. It's also the one I've had friends who don't listen to Japanese music borrow, results show most of them enjoyed it, so maybe it's more accessible in terms of listenability than their other albums. B-sides from this era were excellent too.

puppet show because Circus

More reasons when I get back I guess.

I think these are my faves:

- Parade (old-school PT at its best)

- Chandelier (a new kind of sound, cool songs)

- Dona dona (just amazing)

Hard choice, all their albums are pretty awesome.

My favorite is probably Nega To Poji, the atmosphere on this one is really nice and just like on Chandelier there is a good balance between rock and ballads although Chandelier is a bit heavier, mainly because of Ghost.

A close second would be Puppet Show, to me it's their darkest sounding album and I love Ryuutarous angrier vocals on this one (for example in monophobia).

Yeah, probably those two, but I guess you can't do wrong no matter which album you download, they don't really have weak ones.

/edit: If you want to try their experimental side definetely take cell., there's everything from shoegaze to metal on there - but the coolest thing about it is the VERY prominent bass, sounds just epic.

Puppet Show, i like the instrumental sounds in these songs the most.

Also, the vocal parts are cool. I think this is my fav. old PT album

New-PT fav is probably Nega to Poji.

/edit: If you want to try their experimental side definetely take cell., there's everything from shoegaze to metal on there - but the coolest thing about it is the VERY prominent bass, sounds just epic.

Yeah, that's a good one too, I've always liked that sound.

Utsusemi seems to be a very ambivalent album between their fanbase, but it's definitely my favorite along with puppet show, which is probably their ultimate classic album with songs like Zetsubou no oka, may day, Circus and Nukegara.

1. Traumerai

2. puppet show

3. nega to poji

4. parade

5. dona dona

Oh and chandelier and cell are fantastic as well. Wait, that's like all their albums haha. Though I will still say that my 1-3 are great places for a new listener to start. Some of their best songs are on those. *goes to listen to some PT*

Most of their albums are pretty good. But my all time favourite is Nega to Poji. There's just a special feel on it that I can't really explain. But songs like Spica, Fujunbutsu, Elegy, egg & andrometamorphose explain themselves. Just amazing. Though cell and dona dona are not too far away from it. Oh what the hell, listen to them all!

Kill me if you want but my fav album of them is mini-album What Is "Plastic Tree"? , because Ghost is in it

Easy. For me, it's definitely Utsusemi, mostly because it's their most shoegaze-ish album, and I'm a sucker for shoegazing. Also, Utsusemi (song) is beyond eargasmic.

Traumerei is still THE album for me, because that's the Plastic Tree era that got me into them ^^

I also really like Utsusemi, because I think it's solid. Also Parade, because there are some really badass, catchy, grungy classics there.

Their singles collection (the one that contains all the songs from their singles, including B-sides, up to around 2001 I think) is also some really solid stuff. B-Men Gahou, I also really like, somehow it sounds kind of like an album to me although it's B-sides collection. But Plastic Tree's B-sides are often cooler than their A-sides in my opinion ^^;

Aside from that, I think all their other albums, except Chandelier, had been a favorite of mine at some point.

listen to theyr latest best album "ALL TIME THE BEST" it is very complete and has amazing songs imo.

Let's see now. My favorites are definitely Utsusemi and Puppet Show. I haven't listened to these albums in a while, but I remember really liking them in the past.

Utsusemi, Dona Dona, or cell.

Dona Dona is probably their cleanest album, the songs were simpler and a little less grunge noise (i mean noise in a good way kidz ;D) ---Anten. was awsome off this album.

It really depends on what your looking for with them.

Sign in to follow this