Sign in to follow this  
dannemannen

Worst websites in jrock...

That jrock bands often have horrible websites is nothing new, even if the bands are quite established.

You guys got any candidates?

I've seen loads of horrible examples through the years but all i can come up with this time, here and now, are:

Sadie:

An example - http://www.sadie-web.com/jp/goods.html - oh man, this is just bad taste...

Golden bomber:

An example - http://sound.jp/g_b/g.html - took 2 minutes to make? :lol:

Well... those 2 were maybe not bad enough, but im sure you got some worse ones. Come on :mrgreen:

I prefer such basic looking pages than all this flash stuff, it takes ages to load and often slows down my pc. When I had my old 800x600 monitor I also couldn't see the whole website, because all of them are min. 1024x768 and some mobile phone versions of the sites aren't available on the pc.

I thought you meant like blogs, so jrocknyc ("by douchebags, for douchebags."), jrockrevolution (lolol forever), shattered tranquility (jfc the commenters. and the obsession with ridiculously shit indie bands).

however the best I've seen in a while - http://www.boogieman.jp/ The band might suck, but love the idea.

I thought you meant like blogs, so jrocknyc ("by douchebags, for douchebags."), jrockrevolution (lolol forever), shattered tranquility (jfc the commenters. and the obsession with ridiculously shit indie bands).

I thought that's what it was meaning too and I was also going to put JRR! :D

See .syncl, know it's shit. Just like a certain cookie cutter flash template that was all the rage a few years ago.

DragonWAPPPPPPER has always had terrible OHPs from a web design standpoint. But at the same time, they clearly tried pretty hard even though they didn't know what they were doing, so I can't give them too much shit. This basically applies to their cover art too.

Can't really say much else; it's hard to say “this is terrible?? when most bands don't try that hard to begin with. Like, Golden Bomber's is certainly shitty, but I feel like that's just an extension of their joke personality.

All websites where the text says "ÌÞ¯¸?°¸‚?‚±‚¿‚ç‚É‚¨Šè‚¢’v‚µ‚Ü‚·?B"

*cry*

well-said

Like, Golden Bomber's is certainly shitty, but I feel like that's just an extension of their joke personality.

2nd (^^)b

All websites where the text says "ÌÞ¯¸?°¸‚?‚±‚¿‚ç‚É‚¨Šè‚¢’v‚µ‚Ü‚·?B"

You can usually fix this by switching encodings, if you didn't realize! But that's the number one reason why bands shouldn't rely on Flash for their websites; there's no way to fix it when Japanese comes out garbled like that! One of my major pet peeves.

^Those sites are basically free

And her goddess maria not need a good Hp when she has the voice given to by the goddess herself!

jrocknyc

It's always amazed me that people actually take that beardy pile of shit's opinions seriously.

I'd say every band OHP that has typos like "drams" "guittars" "guttars" or "brog" should share the title.

I guess this doesn't count as a J-Rock website specifically, but I hate the appearances of some of the Ameba and LiveDoor blogs that they use - they just look so tacky.

Otherwise most artists I like have decent-looking sites.

I prefer such basic looking pages than all this flash stuff,

I really dislike any web page in Flash, doesn't matter how professional or well done it is, Flash sucks. I really prefer the basic web page without a bunch of stupid sparkles and bling all over the place.

Also figure I'd pipe in and say that a lot of the copy pasta Blogspot blogs have pretty awful layouts. Some aren't so bad but most look like junk.

I prefer such basic looking pages than all this flash stuff,

I really dislike any web page in Flash, doesn't matter how professional or well done it is, Flash sucks. I really prefer the basic web page without a bunch of stupid sparkles and bling all over the place.

Agreed. Plus my internet connection can't tolerate loading up a bunch of moving junk.

Ah, anyone remember Mana's old site flash site lolol? That shit was so awful.

With the bats and the skull that goes BLEEGGH?

Yes and it's pretty much impossible to navigate the site. I know he moved over to a regular blog and I don't know if the old flash site still exists but I couldn't find it when I fired up Google.

Undercode's OHP too. At first it shows a flash of the bands with apocalyptic music and stuff. And then you go to the bands' pages and they're so fucking miserable. They're all the same.

I wonder what the hell Kisaki does with the money. Besides botox, of course.

Sign in to follow this