suji

Mercuro various mail-order releases

Mercuro new demo tape compilation album, "Complete of Demo Tracks" (2500 yen) will be released on November 22. Preorder reservations can be made by directly contacting the band, and they ship worldwide.

23zen20161122.gif

CwQoxzKUsAAzLwu.jpg

Edited by midi:nette

m e h ~

all songs except the last bonus track were uploaded on youtube.

dunno if it's worth paying that much for only 1 track...

also how the fuck they can call it "Complete of Demo Tracks"? there's not even half of their demotapes are there :/

Edited by Gaz

On Friday, November 04, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Gaz said:

also how the fuck they can call it "Complete of Demo Tracks"? there's not even half of their demotapes are there :/

....hm...I wonder what other demotapes you're talking of???

I think there's only one or maybe two LIVE distributed tapes missing...

8 hours ago, Alucardius said:

....hm...I wonder what other demotapes you're talking of???

kW4AUGS.jpg

+ the following tapes:

結び目 

血祭
血祭 再録配布DT 
殺意の医学書 再録配布DT

+ tapes i'm not aware of (?)

Mercuro compilation album "Complete of Demo Tracks" has been sold out; the digitally remastered version will be released at the end of January

Their album, "血祭" (chimatsuri) will be released in 2017

They have released a special "collector's item", "Not Equal Mercuro (≠M)" (2 CD/DVD, 3240 yen) since Christmas 2016.

Disc 1 CD「Mercuro 1998 & 2001」 includes 18 unpublished songs from their 1998-2001 period, and before they officially formed, and a remastered version of their demo, 「断崖景色」 (Dangai Keshiki)

Disc 2 CD 「Mercuro Instrumental」  includes 17 unpublished song instrumentals (?) and two rare songs, plus a bonus demo by Serpentine Ghost

Disc 3 DVD 「映像集」 includes DVD footage of Mercuro's live events; 8 tracks are included

Full list

That's a shame. When I think of Mercurio, I usually think "high quality mastering with an immense production budget," so this will be quite a shock to hear.

Joking aside, I really like the idea of bands doing small shows that are broadcasted internationally. Sure, they don't make ticket sales from those viewers, but it's a means of letting people try them out and eventually become a fan with little risk on either party.

Selling access codes to a broadcast could be an option too, but I can only get behind that if it's a high quality stream and not from Rare's iPhone 4S.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II