Hakoniwa

The Return of a Box (?)

Well, sort of...

I'm from the Tainted World times, but I haven't been around much ever since we became Toasted Waffles (lol) and then MH. People used to call me Hako, but you can call me whatever you want. I was really active for some time and then disappeared, so I guess no one remembers me lol. It was a long time ago. I EVEN LOST MY USERNAME'S BEAUTIFUL COLOR </3

Anyway. I stopped coming here due to life situations and then I kinda lost interest in VK bands, even the ones I used to follow, since some became really bad and some have disbanded. I rarely listen to any VK nowdays, but I'll listen to anything if I find it good, VK or no VK. I've been thinking that I maybe should try participating again, even if only to talk about artists that do interest me, since not everything is about VK in MH. Riiiight?

I mostly listen to japanese music, some korean indie, some music from other asian countries and some western stuff. I'm really bad at introductions and listing the artists I like. So please  just check this: http://www.last.fm/user/mimakinomoto

That account is 10 years old though and I don't use it as much as I'd like (I mostly listen to music at work and in my non-scrobbling device), so don't trust it much. That's why I just started a new account, but I haven't started scrobbling yet, so...

This is it. I hope I can be active again. Ah yeah, I'm from Brazil btw. Hi.

I remember seeing your username around! I feel like I've seen your last.fm username somewhere around too. Anyways, welcome back!

I see you're also a NakamuraEmi  fan too? Awesome. Her album this is one of my favorite this year!

And ofc MH isn't JUST about VK! Feel free to discuss whatever you'd like~!

Thanks!

I do remember a few names around that time too, including yours, @CAT5! I used to really enjoy your recommendations tbh.

I was so confused by name changes then and I believe some of those have probably changed yet again lol. Even if not, I don't remember many...;;

I keep in touch with a few people through social media though. And btw, my new account will be http://www.last.fm/user/yoreru from now on.

4 hours ago, CAT5 said:

I see you're also a NakamuraEmi  fan too? Awesome. Her album this is one of my favorite this year!

Hell, yeah!!! It was my most expected released this year, I was really hyped when she announced a major debut and a best album at that. I'm expecting great things from her from now on <3

That said, I wouldn't mind some recommendations... even VK ones, since I know nothing about the VK scene anymore. And my favorite VK bands from that time are probably MUCC (...is dead) and girugamesh (disbanded).

15 hours ago, Hakoniwa said:

Thanks!

I do remember a few names around that time too, including yours, @CAT5! I used to really enjoy your recommendations tbh.

I was so confused by name changes then and I believe some of those have probably changed yet again lol. Even if not, I don't remember many...;;

I keep in touch with a few people through social media though. And btw, my new account will be http://www.last.fm/user/yoreru from now on.

Hell, yeah!!! It was my most expected released this year, I was really hyped when she announced a major debut and a best album at that. I'm expecting great things from her from now on <3

That said, I wouldn't mind some recommendations... even VK ones, since I know nothing about the VK scene anymore. And my favorite VK bands from that time are probably MUCC (...is dead) and girugamesh (disbanded).

Yes, there's been a lot of new blood over the years. We do have a "name change thread" to keep track of them, but....I doubt anyone could seriously be arsed to browse through there XD

I followed your new account on last.fm, even if that doesn't really mean much atm.

I'd not heard of NakamuraEmi before this year...so she released music previously too?

As for recommendations, what would you be interested in specifically? I'm not really much help with VK stuff, but plenty of other members could be of service!

17 hours ago, CAT5 said:

Yes, there's been a lot of new blood over the years. We do have a "name change thread" to keep track of them, but....I doubt anyone could seriously be arsed to browse through there XD

I followed your new account on last.fm, even if that doesn't really mean much atm.

I'd not heard of NakamuraEmi before this year...so she released music previously too?

As for recommendations, what would you be interested in specifically? I'm not really much help with VK stuff, but plenty of other members could be of service!

I checked the whole "name change thread" and got even more confused tbh... lol

'Kay! Followed you back.

NakaEmi has released 3 albums (NIPPONNO ONNAWO UTAU Vol. 1, 2 & 3) prior to her major debut... her major debut was a compilation of  some of her old songs, plus two original songs and a re-recording of YAMABIKO. That's why there are two YAMABIKO PV's on youtube! But I don't have those older albums, I've been considering to buy them... but it just wasn't po$$ible yet >_> I just accidently found out about NakaEmi when a japanese artist I follow mentioned her on twitter. XD

Ah, I'll just keep an eye around, I meant I don't mind recommendations in general.

Hey there, welcome back!! Good to have you again. Neat taste too! Instantly spotted Cocco and Aco on your new Last.fm, and even more on your first account (Even got Very High on it!) Now following you as well. Hope to keep seeing you around, enjoy!

1 hour ago, Original Saku said:

Welcome back! I remember you from TW era, long time no see :)

also added you on last.fm :wink:

I remember you too!! I actually spotted a few familiar names around the past days, I've been reading more than writing though. I'm still a bit lost.

My pics are still on the member picture thread though, so, wow, that's weird. XD

Thanks everyone! I feel welcomed. I also followed you back on last.fm. <3

3 hours ago, Hakoniwa said:

I remember you too!! I actually spotted a few familiar names around the past days, I've been reading more than writing though. I'm still a bit lost.

My pics are still on the member picture thread though, so, wow, that's weird. XD

Thanks everyone! I feel welcomed. I also followed you back on last.fm. <3

lol... that's because the current forum was built upon the old TW.net archive from back in 2007, so there's a lot of older posts. There should be a huge time blank gap somewhere in the posts where we were on one of the other TW iterations that wasn't brought over.

Take your time to get up to speed :)

42 minutes ago, Hakari said:

This is all i can think about with the title. Also welcome back I feel like me and you are on the same page in terms of returning.

This makes me happy

I reference this all the time and no one knows what the fuck I am talking about lmao

10 hours ago, Ito said:

This makes me happy

I reference this all the time and no one knows what the fuck I am talking about lmao

My life in a nutshell. UHF is an amazing film