Sign in to follow this  
Daisuke

DEATHGAZE - BLISS OUT

God Bless You - 7/10 - Too much engrish kinda ruined the song for me. Sets the tone and pace for the album nicely though.

Crash Down - 5/10 - Didn't like; all screamo

Blood - 9/10

My Doped Brain and Skin is Dead - 10/10 - This one is a real headbanger, Ai's clean vocals are as catchy as ever.

Iridize Dream - 10/10 - Pretty much goes hand in hand with My Doped Brain and Skin is Dead.

Sorrow - 8/10

Children - 7/10 - Ai rapping is hilarious. I'm kinda mixed about this one, but definitely

wouldn't want to be caught listening to it. Props for variety though.

Undead Fact - 9/10 - Nothing bad to say about this one, good ol (new) Deathgaze.

Six Black Nine - 10/10 - Very nice guitars and I love how the death howls transition into the clean vocals.

Grace - 6/10 - The first three minutes were very boring. The last part really saves it.

Bliss out Yourself - 7/10 - Deathgaze style pop. Nothing against the genre, but the song itself seemed a little too radio friendly and soft to me.

Overall - 8/10 - Didn't live up to my hype, but it was an excellent album. Will be listening to this one for a long time.

Will be listening to it on my way home from work today.

Will review later.

Heard "GOD BLESS YOU" last night on the radio and LOVED it.

Have high expectations!

Halfway through it, and I've heard nice things about BLISS OUT YOURSELF, curious for it. A review will be posted later

9/10 - great album, kudos to them for trying something new with Grace and Bliss out Yourself

...*those* are the songs you consider 'trying something new'? wut

well they are trying something different with bliss out yourself, because i don't think any of their songs have ever followed that chord progression, it's certainly different verse wise than the standard power chord spam that deathgaze is known for. definitely a more immediately accessible sound.

i found Iridize Dream and Bliss out yourself to be their most out of their norm songs, but you can tell they are experimenting with guitar effect pedals more. all in all a solid album, Undead Fact also noteworthy/epic*

GOD BLESS YOU - terrible for a first track 5/10

CRASH DOWN - Nice, I really like what the guitars are doing in this song. This is how DEATHGAZE should sound like. 9/10

BLOOD - I have always liked this song, so no surprise 9/10

MY DOPED BRAIN & SKIN IS DEAD - I don't like this song. ?? sounds too monotone. 4/10

IRIDIZE DREAM - This song is one of the best from the album! 9/10

SORROW - unlike BLOOD, I dislike this song very much. It is boring as hell. 3/10

CHILDREN - if not for those weird parts (dunno how to describe them) the song would be nice. 5/10

UNDEAD FACT- not bad at all. 8/10

SIX BLACK NINE - Such a random name for a not so good track 7/10

GRACE - I like their slower songs, but this one sucked. 4/10

BLISS OUT YOURSELF - Really nice beginning. Love this song from start to end. 10/10

Even though I like their old stuff, this album wasn't at all as bad as I expected it to be. Some good, some bad, some excellent songs. Overall rating: 8/10

Really enjoyed this album (I hated awake and their compilation album released after that), some tracks are a little bit too noizy, but their current direction is really great

I WiLl GiVe iT 9/1

GOD BLESS YOU - [6/10] I don't understand why they chose this song as the first one in the album. It just doesn't fit. Sounds more like a track in the middle, it'll blend in well coz there's nothing special about it.

CRASH DOWN - [9/10] Very catchy and makes me have the urge to headbang.

BLOOD - [7/10] Just another DEATHGAZE song.

MY DOPED BRAIN & SKIN IS DEAD - [7/10] Blends in pretty well with the album.

IRIDIZE DREAM - [4/10] I hate how Ai sounds like in this song. Only the chorus sounds okay, the rest of it practically made me want to skip this song ASAP.

SORROW - [8/10] I liked this song already when it was released in single.

CHILDREN - [8/10] This is a very funny DEATHGAZE song. Makes me lol

UNDEAD FACT - [7/10] Reminds me of quench of AWAKE. Not bad.

SIX BLACK NINE - [6/10] Another track to blend in in the middle of the album.

GRACE - [9/10] Sounds like two songs put together in one, but I like both. I like it when they go for a calmer side of their sound.

BLISS OUT YOURSELF - [10/10] A very original song of them. I like it more with every listen I give it.

Overall - [8/10] Still didn't beat my likes for AWAKE but it might grow on me more later.

I wrote a detailed review here: http://shanethvarosa.livejournal.com

For now:

1. God Bless You: Super catchy chorus, really fun moshing song 10/10

2. Crash Down: Generic screamo song, but still pretty awesome. Grew on me since the original review. 8/10

3. Blood - Awesome single still awesome 9/10

4. My Doped Brain & Skin is Dead - Good, not great. 7/10

5. Iridize Dream - Amazing, I'm in love with Ai's voice in this song 10/10

6. Sorrow - Amazing single still amazing 10/10

7. Children - Grew on me A LOT since first review. I'm actually in love with it now 9/10

8. Undead Fact - Cannot get enough of this chorus 10/10

9. Six Black Nine - Good, not great 7/10

10. Grace - Totally fantastic. Totally. 10/10

11. Bliss Out Yourself - Judging by it's play count on my iTunes... It's my favorite song ever. 10/10

Overall 9.5/10

Maybe im just missing something here but why arent you reviewing disc2 aswell? 7 more songs there, or they arent new?

Otherwise a really nice album, 8/10! Fav songs are bliss out yourself and iridize dream.

Maybe im just missing something here but why arent you reviewing disc2 aswell? 7 more songs there, or they arent new?

re-recordings

am I the only outcast who didn't find it that special? :/

No you're not. Apart from a couple of songs, I don't find it as special.

But oh well it's an overhyped band here in tw.

Boring, generic deathgaze. Iredeemably evil gave me hope this would be a bit more powerful and less monotonous, but that clearly wasn't their direction. It might grow on me, but nothing really stands out except that the drummer is trying to be a less inventive Joey Jordison. Chrous of Undead Fact is the highlight of the album, not counting Sorrow's uniqueness.

And a little tip: Deathgaze are anything but screamo, please try and learn the difference towards screaming and screamo plzplzplz.

Best jrock cd of a yer but not so good as 9GOATS BLACK OUT's TANATOS

I'm with you on this one.

Anyways, I won't do a long review because I'm supposed to be studying for my exams, but here goes:

GOD BLESS YOU: Hated it at first, because it sounded exactly like unchain wing. But after listening to the full version, I loved it. 7/10.

CRASH DOWN: Though it's the typical DEATHGAZE song, I love this one. Great and prominent chorus. 6/10.

BLOOD: This is probably my favorite DEATHGAZE single ever since abyss. Catchy and easy to listen to. 9/10.

MY DOPED BRAIN & SKIN IS DEAD: Not that great and seems a little long. And it doesn't really stand out compared to the other tracks, but it's still okay. 5/10.

IRIDIZE DREAM: Hands down DEATHGAZE's best album song ever since Evoke the world. It has everything anyone would want in a song: a catchy bass line, unique vocals, awesome riffs and as always, amazing drum-line. 10/10.

SORROW: Same as BLOOD, but I personally like it less. 8.5/10.

CHILDREN: Like most people, the "rapping" (which isn't rapping at all) part threw me off a little. But after listening to it a few more times, it grew on me. It's a good song, but nothing too special. 6/10.

UNDEAD FACT: Another typical DEATHGAZE song. And like CRASH DOWN, it has a really good chorus. 6/10.

SIX BLACK NINE: I have no idea why, but this song just doesn't really go with me. It sounds really generic, as in girugamesh generic. I don't hate it or anything but I'd say that it's missing a lot of stuff. 5/10.

GRACE: BLISS OUT's amends, which means that it's a good ballad, but it does get a little boring after a while. amends is, obviously, way better. 6.5/10.

BLISS OUT YOURSELF: Second-best song next to IRIDIZE DREAM. I think it's something different yet typical by DEATHGAZE, and that's why I love it. The guitar riffs are definitely the highlight of the song. 10/10.

I'm not reviewing the re-recordings; all I can say is that I like some of them better than the original recordings.

Overall: I still can't decide if it's better than AWAKE-Evoke the urge- or not. But if it isn't, it still means that BLISS OUT is great. AWAKE is one of my favorite albums of all-time, so it's going to take a REALLY great album to surpass it. That said, I won't choose an album over the other for now. I can only say that I'm really satisfied with how it turned out, and I'm loving the direction DEATHGAZE are going in. As I expected, Ai's the best thing that has happened to this band, and him becoming vocalist-guitarist improves the band's sound. 8/10.

I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but I liked what I heard so far. However, I'm not orgasming over it just because Deathgaze released it. Nu-metal isn't really my cup of tea, so I'd probably only listen to it in small doses every so often.

No you're not. Apart from a couple of songs, I don't find it as special.

But oh well it's an overhyped band here in tw.

aww, luckily! °_° Well, I used to be a big fan of them but after AWAKE-evoke the urge-, I didn't like a lot their new releases :/

you're right, it's not that special but still pretty good, not great nor awesome, just good. i like it tho.

Nu-metal isn't really my cup of tea, so I'd probably only listen to it in small doses every so often.

Nu metal? You mean groove metal. This is more comparable to Pantera than Korn. But it's really trying to be like Slipknot, who pretty much was a groove thrash band.

I'm yet to see a jrock band play true nu metal, apart from parts of Dir en grey's VULGAR.

Nu-metal isn't really my cup of tea, so I'd probably only listen to it in small doses every so often.

Nu metal? You mean groove metal. This is more comparable to Pantera than Korn. But it's really trying to be like Slipknot, who pretty much was a groove thrash band.

I'm yet to see a jrock band play true nu metal, apart from parts of Dir en grey's VULGAR.

Groove Metal's name is so misleading D: . When I read it I think of Celldweller's cover of "tragedy," but I know it's supposed to describe things like Lamb of God (according to Last.fm).

dks_dkdoobI

I jumped on the "lumping everything sort of heavy vk into nu-metal" bandwagon, not to be offensive but because they're too many damn subgenres.

Sign in to follow this