Sign in to follow this  
Daisuke

DEATHGAZE - BLISS OUT

Nu-metal isn't really my cup of tea, so I'd probably only listen to it in small doses every so often.

Nu metal? You mean groove metal. This is more comparable to Pantera than Korn. But it's really trying to be like Slipknot, who pretty much was a groove thrash band.

I'm yet to see a jrock band play true nu metal, apart from parts of Dir en grey's VULGAR.

Groove Metal's name is so misleading D: . When I read it I think of Celldweller's cover of "tragedy," but I know it's supposed to describe things like Lamb of God (according to Last.fm).

dks_dkdoobI

I jumped on the "lumping everything sort of heavy vk into nu-metal" bandwagon, not to be offensive but because they're too many damn subgenres.

A simple thing - nu metal = hip hop + groove. Groove has no hip hop. Rap metal is any style of metal with rapped vocals, not all nu metal is rapcore. Most jrock bands play a mix of hardcore (like hatebreed) and groove for their metal influences.

Groove METAL is actually bands like Pantera, Meshuggah, Sepultura, Devildriver... it uses the drums and low tuned guitars. Slipknot and Korn are heavily influenced by groove, and Deathgaze copies slipknot.

Now ask me the difference between I Killed the Prom Queen hardcore and A Day to Remember or something, i won't know shit. Everyone knows their own fav genre and can tell it apart from other stuff they don't like xD

am I the only outcast who didn't find it that special? :/

No you're not. Apart from a couple of songs, I don't find it as special.

But oh well it's an overhyped band here in tw.

I agree as well. It was decent and there were some exceptional tracks on it, but it's just the typical DEATHGAZE. Am I the only one who liked CHILDREN? XD

Am I the only one who liked CHILDREN? XD

No, it's my favorite song on the album.

This is what the lyrics booklet looked like, by the way:

whatthefuckingshit.jpg

I love how they turned the hiragana upside down.

Upside down and backwards, and it was a bitch to romanize. So if I see anyone reposting my shit without credit I will definitely fillet some people:D

I love Awake, expected a lot from this, and in the end... Eh, I'm dissapointed. It's still fresh in my mind and I didn't really have time to focus on songs so I'll give them a couple more listens, will probably end up liking 2 or 3 of them beside singles.

Sign in to follow this