Trombe

己龍(kiryu) new album "百鬼夜行(hyakkiyakou)" release

13 minutes ago, donwea said:

I disagree :v, I think these underestimating much this band, are not a band that makes finals tours in places for 500 people, or never enters the top 50 of ORICON, there is currently no vk band that sells as much as they. Kiryu is bigger than you think :P.

Visual Kei is smaller than you think.

Yeah, their medium for tour finals are 3000 people. Thats all. They didnt even sold out TDCH some months before Budokan.

if you know japanese just take a fast search about their budokan and you'll see many people making fun about how few people was there.

But i wont flood this topic trying to show you the truth hah Buy a ticket and go to see by yourself, i think you'll be kinda shocked ;)

EDIT : I JUST READ THAT YOU SAID KIRYU SELLS MORE THAN GAZETTE AND SID I SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE STARTED DISCUSSING WITH YOU LMFAO

EDIT 2 : Kiryu is one of my favorite bands. I dont care for GazettE and SID but wow.... JUST USE YOUR BRAIN 

Edited by ricchubunny

3 minutes ago, ricchubunny said:

Yeah, their medium for tour finals are 3000 people. Thats all. They didnt even sold out TDCH some months before Budokan.

if you know japanese just take a fast search about their budokan and you'll see many people making fun about how few people was there.

But i wont flood this topic trying to show you the truth hah Buy a ticket and go to see by yourself, i think you'll be kinda shocked ;)

What the laughter I do not think that compares with miyavi Budokan or Tokyo Dome of the GazettE :v.

And I repeat all know that vk is small in Japan, so an indie band that constantly enters the top 10 of ORICON is important ... and definitely in Kiryu budokan there were more than 4000 people.

13 minutes ago, ricchubunny said:

EDIT : I JUST READ THAT YOU SAID KIRYU SELLS MORE THAN GAZETTE AND SID I SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE STARTED DISCUSSING WITH YOU LMFAO

EDIT 2 : Kiryu is one of my favorite bands. I dont care for GazettE and SID but wow.... JUST USE YOUR BRAIN 

what ? I said CURRENTLY, and it is true, the last single of SID sold just 12,000 copies (sorry i'm not native english speaker)

14 hours ago, donwea said:

what ? I said CURRENTLY, and it is true, the last single of SID sold just 12,000 copies (sorry i'm not native english speaker)

http://ameblo.jp/kiryu-takemasa/entry-12153882081.html

Read Takemasa blog.

They didnt sold out TDCH yesterday. They didn't sold out 3100 PEOPLE. FOR THE SECOND TIME, I REPEAT ;)

No more discussions :)

Edited by ricchubunny

I still think it's really fucked up for Kiryu that only 5 people went to their last Budokan concert and they also insisted on standing as far away from the stage as possible

4 hours ago, ricchubunny said:

http://ameblo.jp/kiryu-takemasa/entry-12153882081.html

Read Takemasa blog.

They didnt sold out TDCH yesterday. They didn't sold out 3100 PEOPLE. FOR THE SECOND TIME, I REPEAT ;)

No more discussions :)

I read the blog, tell me where it says that it was not sold out ?

Edited by donwea

1 minute ago, donwea said:

I read the blog, tell me where it says that it was not sold out ?

"あとちょっとだったとはいえ
ソールドアウト出来なかったのは悔しかったけどね。"

3 minutes ago, ricchubunny said:

"あとちょっとだったとはいえ
ソールドアウト出来なかったのは悔しかったけどね。"

ok (stupid google traslate), but still even not show me a source on the Budokan concert, tell you what a friend does not work, I could invent I was there and say it was a huge success.

@donwea & @ricchubunnyIf you two have anything more to say about this "Budokan sold out/not sold out" nonsense, take it up via PM. This is a news thread about 己龍 RELEASING A NEW ALBUM, not a debate thread on whether or not one of their goddamn shows sold out.

To the rest of you all, I'm sorry I didn't step in sooner.

Opinions on the actual news that should be discussed: I'm looking forward to the new album. 九尾 was EVERYTHING to me and 天照 was really good (sans b-sides). I still haven't listened to 彩, because I the artworks/band look were all so hideous that I just block that one out of my mind (lol). Their previous album was rather solid, it just took a few listens for it to grow on me.

I did not recognise Isshiki at all in the group shot. He looks pretty good. As usual, the red guy looks awesome and, idk, maybe the green guy looks less stupid. I think some of them would look much better if they didn't do the "two different contacts" thing; that trend needs to die.

1 hour ago, Seimeisen said:

九尾 was EVERYTHING to me and 天照 was really good (sans b-sides). I still haven't listened to 彩, because I the artworks/band look were all so hideous that I just block that one out of my mind (lol). Their previous album was rather solid, it just took a few listens for it to grow on me.

Haha, I thought 天照 was alright but I reaaaaaally liked all the B-sides from that single. 彩 is similar for me - OK A-side, but really really liked the B-sides. Don't think about the visuals too much! I don't even remember what the band look was, lol.

Kiryu in general is still capable of putting out some mediocre stuff and some omfg mind blowing stuff, I don't expect this new album to be any different.

On 24/04/2016 at 3:46 PM, Shaolan974 said:

I have the DVD

On 24/04/2016 at 4:05 PM, donwea said:

Also I have the dvd

DAMN, I NEED THAT

PLEASE, MAKE AN ISO OUT OF THIS AND UPLOAD IT NOW

They're supposed to be demons or something.

*shrug*

The title of the album 百鬼夜行 is an expression that means "pandemonium", a word whose etymology is pan (all) + daemonium (evil spirts/demons)

And if you interpret 百鬼夜行 literally, it means "hundred demons traveling at night"

.. maybe

I have a horn fetish, so I think this is Junji's best look ever. mmm. horns.

Now that I think about it, I'm kind of surprised the band didn't make up a word of their own, like they have for previous album titles. Thanks for the translation/interpretation, @peffy !

百鬼夜行 actually refers to the "Night Parade of One Hundred Demons" which is a popular concept in Japanese Folklore...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyakki_Yagy%C5%8D

that is most likely why they are wearing demon like costumes, makeup, etc.

15 minutes ago, Original Saku said:

百鬼夜行 actually refers to the "Night Parade of One Hundred Demons" which is a popular concept in Japanese Folklore...

Spoiler

sudden nurarihyon no mago FEELZ :lolita_sad:

Edited by seurong

I think 百鬼夜行 is a common word because always appear in anime like 少年陰陽師 or ぬらりひょんの孫 (maybe more but I didn't watch anime these years)

1 hour ago, Original Saku said:

Yeah, I just looked it up in a dictionary, forgot to check Wiki.

Probably has a common meaning, as an expression, while also referring to the folklore concept.

..maybe.

It does make more sense that Kiryu is specifically using the folklore concept.

I didn't know about the concept of "Hyakkiyagyou". Speaking of which, I remembered that the GazettE and Kaya have, respectively, a music video collection (VHS) and an EP, both named after that.

1840.jpg

(only the "ya" kanji changes)

101004277.jpg

Edited by IGM_Oficial