Vs

Ran

Vs

Minami

Vs

Yuki

Vs

Mahiro

Whether you want to admit it or not VK is diverse, so here are some from each respective field of VK singing or i tried the best. But who sounds the best. If you only herd the vocalist when they first came out, click play on their video to get an update, same for those whose it's been a while since your herd them or haven't herd them. Try to get pass your biases or be completely bias, discuss why you choose who you chose.  We have 2 ver of beauty, 1 cute but perfected, rockstar, and spooky.

Edited by blackdoll

Even though KIryu is one of my favourite artists, I'll try to be as objective as possible.

First of all, I'd like to thank you, because now I got to know two new bands I could really like. After listening to the suggested songs, my favourite vocalists were Kaya, Ran and Mahiro.

Kaya has such a refined voice! Now I'm feeling more relaxed and without worries thanks to Femme Fatale's song. On the other hand, I'm impressed by Ran. He gave me chills. His voice throws me in a dark atmosphere, without sounding harsh. Besides, one of the main reason why I like Kiryu is Mahiro's voice. It's not easy to explain why, I've just fallen in love with his voice after listening to a song. I find it very adaptable and theatrical.

May I choose them all, please? They are quite different from each other and in my opinion it's not easy to decide who is the best.

Well, if I have to, I'll choose the one who quickly impressed me the most. Therefore, I'll choose Ran.

(However, I really like the other two too!)

10 hours ago, shiroikitsune said:

On the other hand, I'm impressed by Ran. He gave me chills. His voice throws me in a dark atmosphere, without sounding harsh.

that's a good summary of my thoughts w.r.t. Ran.

he has a great range, control, flexibility, blah blah, aka everything you would want a competent vocalist to have. but on top of all that he's exceptional at "layering" and creating textures & gradations without compromising melodic strength or resorting to harsh vocals (which is a big plus for me, since that's the most convenient way to be "dark" these days). of course, a lot of credit has to go to their composers as well.

(not entirely related to execution of vocals per se, but  can i swoon over the quality of his ponderous, depressing Japanesque lyrics?)

btw the song blackdoll chose from Xepher is a great pick, but my personal favorite is まほろば.

i love cute whiny vocals, but unfortunately for Minami i'll have to give Ran my vote ;)

Edited by hiroki

I not surprised really by the outcome, cause Kaya is mostly standard, but the part of him that isnt is why i chose him. will make another round with the victor. 

13 hours ago, hiroki said:

btw the song blackdoll chose from Xepher is a great pick, but my personal favorite is まほろば.

Yeahh its lovely but his voice doesnt change so thats why i chose lost eyes. But Ran all the way, he does his own thing and slays so hard. It's emotionally the most powerful here.

Emotion > blind devotion :-P

MInami's cutesy voice makes me want to murder people.

I'm not familiar with Lustknot, the sample provided sounds kinda average.

Kaya has a great powerful voice, but I do notice him going a little off key at times (especially in Freya, unless the song is just written that way, which would be odd).

My personal favourite is Mahiro, it is not easy to sing like that. He's also pretty versatile.. I was really impressed with what he did in "Tsukubai" and My Dragon's first single.

Buuut, in terms of "most skilled" I'd have to go with Ran. Perfect falsetto, wide range, and sounds pleasant. First time I listened to Xepher I was kinda blown away.

(all of this is IMO, I'm not a trained critic)

Edited by peffy

2 hours ago, peffy said:

I'm not familiar with Lustknot, the sample provided sounds kinda average.

Buuut, in terms of "most skilled" I'd have to go with Ran. Perfect falsetto, wide range, and sounds pleasant. First time I listened to Xepher I was kinda blown away.

Thanks, for feed back, sound i change it to this song? or it doesn't make a difference?

Spoiler

and yesss rans still in the race.

Edited by blackdoll

My favorite ones here are Mahiro and Kaya, but the Queen is the Queen, so perfect and flowing in every genre.

Edited by Ada Suilen

32 minutes ago, blackdoll said:

Thanks, for feed back, sound i change it to this song? or it doesn't make a difference?

Hmm, I'm more impressed with this song, but I'd still put him in 4th place in this battle. He's perfectly competent, but his voice is just not as appealing to me as the other 3.

I'm also on team Ran, since I'm not that big of a Kaya fan.

While RoNoCro is my favorite band in this list, Minami's vocals were super pitch-shifted at times.

I love my squeak-kei, but Ran is a stellar vocalist. 

I'm acting of half-bias here, tbh Kaya would win hands down if I judged "solely on vocals".

Edited by colorfuljinsei

On 4/22/2016 at 9:57 PM, peffy said:

Hmm, I'm more impressed with this song, but I'd still put him in 4th place in this battle. He's perfectly competent, but his voice is just not as appealing to me as the other 3.

ok. changing

Mahiro for me. He is my favourite vocalist. I love his vocals and all the crazy things he does.

Edited by visualcrisis

i never listened to xepher before clicking the video here but i enjoyed ran's voice.

also i like kiryu.

but i voted for kaya because i still think he's the best vocalist of the options.