anakuro

マイナス人生オーケストラ (Minus Jin-Say Orchestra)

CZzSj5_VAAEDzOL.jpg

VOCALOID: 栗山"HaL"ヰヱス / Kuriyama "HaL" Yes -- TwitterAmeba
GUITAROID: 緇屋"ゆっけ"ノラ / Kuroya "YUKKE" nora -- Twitter

BASSOID小川"ホンコン"小太郎 / Ogawa "Hong Kong" Kotaro -- Twitter

DRUMUSHI: 横田"生虫"ヒカルソン / Yokota "Namamushi" Hikaruson -- TwitterAmeba

■Minus Jin-Say Orchestra (The Main Body*)■
Live concerts are self-enlightenment seminars.
We conform to the teachings of The Most Earnest Faith (素っ頓教)
and we perform like a small athletic meet.
Hitting on the technique of otakus, we dance with feathered fans.

We do it with short plays,
With members who do things in the spur of the moment,

And with a variety of chaos, and so on. 

Unintentionally, tofu also goes flying (during our seminars). 
roughly translated from their bio via their OHP

*There are also a few alter egos/side projects such as:

1. 夕暮ちんどん一家 (yuugure chindon ikke) -- shironuri cyber disco music
  2. 電脳ビニィル (denno vinyl) -- HaL & Tomo double composer concept
  3. HaL tHe StRaNgE -- HaL's solo project

OHP (I recommend using the mobile version, it's the one that's updated...sometimes)

Official Twitter || Terakoya Twitter

YouTube (PVs, live videos, off shots, etc)

I'm glad I converted you to my little cult! 

They're such a joy to follow....despite the 5000 rarez :'))) 

If anyone is selling MJO just you know let me know lmao

So new single, Shisshin to be released on May 4th for 1200yen:

01フライングヒューマノイド / Flying Humanoid
02盛者が殺しにやってくる / Shousha ga koroshi ni yattekuru
03桐島、人間やめるってよ。 / kirishima, ningen yameru tte yo. (this is a rerecording? of a song they have on a previous omnibus)
04足元ばかり見ている / ashimoto bakari miteiru
CfMCE1JUkAAq6u_.jpg

I'm pretty stoked for it!!
I love kirishima and am curious to hear the new songs!
What are your favs from previous releases?

Evil rarez. lol 

I will definitely be picking up the newest single.  As for previous favorites I'm still such a newb, I just know everything you played so far is pretty damn awesome.

Oh? When are you seeing them?
I am pretty sure I'm going to go to 5/6 to see them at paradigm, then 5/22 (if I make it in time) at...MUSE? & 6/2 at MUSE. I have HaL's bday off but they haven't announced his bday oneman live yet....

Man I loooove 鳥人間たかし as well too, 少女、時々 雨。, 救SAY ヰヱス, うた歌い筆を折って, 器用で不器用な女の話, 器用で不器用な男の話, ヰらない子, and like a million others oops

oh my god they have like 100+ things if you include all the free distributes right? lmao

Glad to hear you'll be grabbing it :D

They're playing at the Terakoya event at Club Citta on the 24th with Ensoku and Sex Android and a bunch of other bands. It's gonna be a long day but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
I was thinking if I have money I might head to Osaka for 5/22 but idk yet.

And this thread reminds me I still need to do the yuubin furikae for their twoman with Urbangarde and the deadline is in 2 days. Oops.

ohh right! I helped a friend with chikehatsu for that. I wish I could go the line up looks so good :')

Yeah I feel you re: money.... I'll be running from work after 5/22 so I hope I make it in time for them that day orz 

Good luck! yuubin furikae isn't so difficult but many people are pretty intimidated with it. If you have any questions regarding it feel free to ask me!!

I'm also curious what people's favorite things about MJO are? Like what draws you to the band?
For me it was first that the lives were so fun, but now I love the difference between the upbeat/catchy sound to the songs and the downright depressing lyrics. HaL's lyrics are some of my fav in VK.

And his vocals have improved so much in the three years I've been following them--you're probably going to be blown away on the 24th by the difference from the last time you saw them, duwant

I actually haven't gotten my ticket yet.... oops again. I'm really bad about getting tickets for lives when I'm not in Japan during the chikehatsu.

I might hit you up re: yubin furikae. I did it once three years ago but it's all a blur at this point.

As for what drew me to MJO, it was the catchiness of their music, their entrance, and their overall performance the first time I saw them in 2014. 自爆妄想, 改造人間にて and DIVE 4 U in particular drew me in and HaL's stage antics the second time I saw them sealed the deal.
I grew to appreciate their music a lot more when you encouraged me to look into the lyrics. The contrast between the upbeat music and the depressing lyrics reminds me of Metronome (I like Metronome so that's a good thing), plus their music also has some elements very reminiscent of Kibouya Honpo (go figure haha) that I really like.

I basically enjoy them because i'm a fuckin ho for that rock + bleep bloops combo that bands like MJO, Metronome, Sandwich de 120pun?, Geba etc. do

also Hal's solo project was pretty weird, based on those releases i listened to...

I really want to get into they music, it's your chance to make the MJO team grow. If it helps, I don't like "犬or人間" style, and I kind of liked Hal's solo songs.

I liked HaL in Kibouya Honpo and followed him through his solo work, but I haven't checked much of MJO yet. I just know that they generally have bloopy pvs except for the one that they literally described as "chantoshita" lol.

I've loved this band partly because of HaL when he was in kibouya honpo. His vocals were very much enjoyable and my favorite song to this day is cyborg. I'd love to be introduced to more bands like them (was going to request for any of their releases too)

@duwang

Oh man I love DIVE 4 U it just makes me so happy to hear it live. And when we do tesensu we face the person beside us and so it's just like everyone's all smiles at that part. But yeah HaL's stage antics are A+++ I love watching him. 

I should look into Metronome. Everyone keeps telling me things that make them seem like a band I'd enjoy.. 

Tbh, I started with MJO and worked backwards but for kibouya I only ever really listened to that one song. I like sandwich de 120pun & matsutake works though..

@Tokage

long live bleep bloop \m/

you're the reason I even paid any attention to MJO at all lol 

I've never really listened to the solo stuff tbh. I do have a 夕暮ちんどん一家 cd though which is a wild ride

@yakihiko 

I understand the feelings with 犬or人間 it's fun live but that's about it. They play it too much live though...

I'm not sure you'll like them and doombox is pretty skeptical too because of the electronic elements to the songs. 

Here are some songs that are on youtube:

@plastic_rainbow

yeah? I actually haven't listened to hal's solo stuff yet but I recommend checking out MJO. A few other users have uploaded quite a few songs on youtube too that you can check out pretty easily...

i'm not exactly sure what you mean by "bloopy pvs" though ? 

@smilesxchibi

I love that song too. 

You can find quite a bit on youtube--a couple of users have uploaded a decent amount of songs. The problem with MJO is they have maybe 40+ releases/cds with songs on them and on top of that a bunch of free distributes floating around that even I don't have all of their stuff. 

Their CDs are being sold second hand for crazy prices, too... This is one of those ultimate "holy shit rarezz" bands

@anakuro - Do look into Metronome, though I feel like they're the type of band you either love or hate because of Sharaku's voice.

I recommend 三つ数えろ,  Self Control, and ス・ペ・ェ・ス!ロマンチック to start off with (also 絶望さん if you're down for something pretty bizarre. haha)

To get back on the subject of MJO, HaL's so dumb. I remember him crawling over the seats at Saitama Kaikan trying to get obvious non-fans to sing for him then falling to the floor like it was yesterday. :')

Nothing wrong with working backwards! 反省しませう is Kibouya's best song honestly. The others aren't very memorable, at least to me.

@yakihiko - I'm also in agreement about 犬or人間. It's definitely not the right song to get to know the band.

On top of anakuro's suggestions I have one more

I'd also like to mention that MJO has the best SE/stage entrance routine, another thing that got me into them.

thanks for the recommendations!!

lol yeah hal does that. he often makes a B-line for me to try to make me sing for him (mostly because he knows i don't want to). i need to make a list of songs he makes people sing for him so people can be prepared to run lmao

omg the SE is my favorite SE out of all the bands i've ever seen. it's so catchy and fun and with namamushi's part you get to freak out non-freaks ("freaks" are what the fans are called)

@@anakuro and @@Duwang thank you for the recommendations

I like 短命ですこ, 鳥人間たかし and 自爆妄想.

I have to point that I saw 短命ですこ in live and cd quality, and the live one is probably the better.

They sounds like that bands which are better on lives, idk if it's correct (never were in one).

I wouldn't feel comfortable to shake that fluffy thing XD

@anakuro: Listen to Metronome, Codomo A and Makaroni already!!! They're all better than Kibouya (imo)

also i know its been YEARS but im still surprised Codomo A and Kibouya were somehow signed to Undercode, of all fucking labels lmao

and yeah, i know i'm sort of guilty, i don't even regret it  :)))))

I don't recall how most of HaL's solo stuff sounds, but i remember one fast-paced track with tropical drums or something like that, it's also a pretty wild ride. Think it was generally less heavy on the bleeps and bloops and more heavy on the rock side of things though...

@anakuro ahh i figured their stuff would be quite rare. I cant get enough of these guys and like you i have get to check out much of metronome haha

@plastic_rainbow

yeah? I actually haven't listened to hal's solo stuff yet but I recommend checking out MJO. A few other users have uploaded quite a few songs on youtube too that you can check out pretty easily...
i'm not exactly sure what you mean by "bloopy pvs" though ?

Actually, I have some stuff downloaded, but I just haven't listened to them yet. xD

Oh, I just meant that their other pvs are not so "serious" like typical pvs. And the one where they described it as "chantoshita" kind of seemed like they were mocking themselves for not being serious in their previous pvs.

If you want to check out Hal's solo stuff some of my favorites are Black Sheep and 絶望飛行.

Codomo A was good. I never really liked any of Eiji's later projects much. Metronome are also worth checking out, though I've only heard a few of their stuff.

@yakihiko 

they are definitely a band that is better live than recorded. I was hoping the recording quality would improve once they joined terakoya but it's not really noticeably different to me lol...

The fluffy thing is a fan with feathers on it :) It's quite fun actually! But I am too lazy to bring it most of the time lately (plus I hate having to carry around 839579382 things for MJO)

@leafwork

Yep! He makes it a point to tell everyone and their father that he! is! gay! :')

And namamushi is a woman too

@Tokage

You're not my father!!! 

But no seriously I will...eventually..I just have so much to listen to out of my current stuff (I haven't even listened to XAA-XAA's newest release all the way through) and doombox was staying with me for two weeks and also I just want to jam to proxyon so you see my problem here. also i need to work on my sandwich collection first....

I have heard one Codomo A song though!! And well I saw matsutake works so that counts right...........

I'm more surprised that Sandwich was signed to Starwave lmao

there's a couple yuugure songs on youtube actually

but i think you have those songs already anyway? 

I haven't listened to the hal the strange stuff yet though

@smilesxchibi

yeah a lot of the older stuff is hard to get a hold of and some of the stuff in the past few years is starting to go out of print. Most of the singles etc on puresound go for like 5000 yen and distributes are like 2000. I have sunk a lot of money into this band and i started buying when they weren't so expensive.... and I'm still missing about 20~30 things by my count..

@plastic_rainbow

yeah there were a few things uploaded a long time ago, right? 未来予想図X and 凡ての凶人は天国へ向かう。 I think ??

Well I do think the animation ones were relatively serious but yeah in general their PVs have been not so terribly serious--but that's just how the band is haha. Despite the depressing lyrics they're always joking around etc. Yeah I definitely think they were poking fun at themselves (and also joking because lol even the goth loli nuidemo's PV wasn't super serious..i mean just look at the ending). 

I might check it out!! I'm pretty sure my MJO collection isn't going to be growing any time soon I might as well start branching out to hal the strange. 

I like Sandwich de 120pun? A lot and when I saw Matsutake Works I enjoyed what they played--I think it was mostly Codomo A.. 

On Thursday, April 07, 2016 at 9:46 AM, leafwork said:

Side note: Hal is one of the few openly gay dudes in VK  :magic:

Ahh that makes me soo happy :D 

@anakuro dang that is a lot they have released. Im hoping they would release some sort of compilation so it makes it easier to support the band and keeo up with them Dx 

All of these posts and not a single mention of this:

cd018.jpg

Besides being one of the most important VK releases of all time,  it was also the best thing HaL has ever done. Best 1000 yen ever spent <3