Trombe

Sharaku Kobayashi(FLOPPY, GalapagosS) new mini album "Sharaku Kobayashi 壱" release

Sharaku Kobayashi(FLOPPY, GalapagosS) new mini album "Sharaku Kobayashi 壱" will be released at 2016/06/22 (1,944yen)

btw Sharaku Kobayashi / ADAPTER。 / Cosmo-Shiki will hold their 3-man live "粗忽者道中記" at Ikebukuro RUIDO K3 at 2016/06/17, at Kitahorie CLUB VIJON at 2016/06/29 and at Nagoya HUCK FINN at 2016/06/30

Edited by Trombe

I really hope it's something different to his other projects. I would love something acoustic or much more natural sounding than his usual stuff.

He has his own website now. He also details his project in plain english. He'll be doing his usual stuff with overseas projection.

Sharaku Kobayashi has now begun a series of solo projects to further pursue his signature musical style, 8-bit pop.

Vocalist and sound creator for FLOPPY, one of the strongest techno-pop groups in Japan, Sharaku Kobayashi has decided to spell his name out in English for his solo career in order to emphasize his intent on taking his work overseas.
On the other hand, he retains a strong "Made in Japan" flavor in his style, both through his Kimono outfit and Japanese melodies.
With his extensive experience as a dedicated vocalist, Sharaku's stage presence is solid and dignified.
He gathers fame as one of the few Electro artists that can truly rock a crowd.

http://sharakukobayashi.jimdo.com/

I see it is omitted that he was the vocal in METRONOME, a band many still remember dearly.

I guess there is room for his music in the west in the circles this kind of music is played.

[track list]
01.なんて素敵にピカレスク(nante suteki ni picaresk)
02.踊るダメ人間(odoru dame ningen)
03.粗忽拍子(sokotsu byoushi)
04.芝浜(shibahama)
05.たちぎれ(tachigire)
06.不覚百景(fukaku hyakkei)
07.世界の終わりに(sekai no owari ni)

image.jpg

Edited by Trombe

''02.踊るダメ人間(odoru dame ningen)''

if that's gonna end up being a bleep bloop Kinniku Shojo Tai cover im gonna die

24 minutes ago, Tokage said:

''02.踊るダメ人間(odoru dame ningen)''

if that's gonna end up being a bleep bloop Kinniku Shojo Tai cover im gonna die

It actually is! It features some guest vocalists too iirc (there's information on it on his homepage).

I've only noticed just now, but you can actually listen to three of the demo tracks he released earlier this year: