Sign in to follow this  
nekkichi

Merry - 夜光

Any opinions?

夜光 is absolutely beuatiful, merry as it's best;

new take on lost generation sucks balls, it fails in every aspect the original version was good at

reminds me of crappy rentrer en soi single re-recordings they did for bottom of chaos, the background shouts and the general arrangements are awful.

夜光 mix is good.

This is the first "new MERRY" single that just somehow doesn't do anything for me.

Yakou feels like it's okay and stuff but I don't know...I miss something. It's nicely executed but I just can't get into it at all. Maybe it'll grow on me like The Cry Against... did. For now, it just bores me. The new Lost Generation isn't bad but I'm so attached to the original that it's weird listening to the new one. XD I didn't really feel the remix but I guess it's passable as a curious addition.

I didn't really like this one, but still looking forward to their future stuff ('cuz their singles so far were nice). :)

Yakou felt off, and I was disappointed in new Lost Generation.

Favorite track was the re-mix, surprisingly.

In any case, judging from these three singles, the album should prove to be interesting, Hopefully, not too far off.

Ok, my review sucks balls and I am lazy! But... anyway.

夜光 is really beautiful.

New Lost Generation wasn't bad.

夜光 remix was ok.

I'll give the single 7/10, but for 夜光 (song) I will give 9/10, it's such amazing. I am so curious for the album.

夜光 - Really damn good!

Lost Generation -Replay- - Really good, but not 1/100 as good as the original.

I thought this was the worst single out of the last three. But you cannot always be perfect. This one's just good. The title track is fine, but not as amazing as the past singles. I do not feel the power I felt with their last singles. The arrangement is cool, but it lacks emotion. Kinda.

I have mixed feelings about the Lost Generation replay: I think the original is better but they did create an interesting new version of it. Their remixes are always forgettable IMO. So is this one. After hearing it once I couldn't be bothered to listen to it again as I always prefer the original song over a remix.

I thought this was the worst single out of the last three. But you cannot always be perfect. This one's just good. The title track is fine, but not as amazing as the past singles. I do not feel the power I felt with their last singles. The arrangement is cool, but it lacks emotion. Kinda.

I have mixed feelings about the Lost Generation replay: I think the original is better but they did create an interesting new version of it. Their remixes are always forgettable IMO. So is this one. After hearing it once I couldn't be bothered to listen to it again as I always prefer the original song over a remix.

this.

Remix is boring, Lost generation is the best track off the single IMO and the title track is just... ok.

This is one band whose songs should be listened to at least 20 times before reviewing. Because 90% of them are growers.

That said, I really like Yakou. It's one of the least Merry-esque songs ever melodywise, but it works. As much as I love Gara, I always listen to the guitars most of all with this band, so this song pleases me. The guitars are clever, though differently than before. They also work so well with the drums. I know I'm listening to Merry, when I can't sit still for even a second.

Lost Generation -replay- is really cool. I like how they made it sound so BALZAC. On purpose obviously. Can't say it's better than the original since the original is just so awesome, but it got a bit more oomph and it's punkier, so I dig it. When you have the best in the business mixing your stuff, you just can't not remake a song like this.

TAIHAI -mix- is eargasmic. It's not even a remix, it's a totally different acoustic arrangement, so calling it a remix is inaccurate. I adore acoustic Merry and would pay shitloads for an album with just Yuu and Gara performing stuff acoustically. They are so gorgeous at it. And the guitars on this track are so so pretty. The beat is really sexy and having Gara whispering in my ear on top of that... life = complete. Oh and I love how they manage to give everything just the right amount of edge, which is the case with Gara's vocals here.

So in short, single makes me happy.

yakou's good, but it feels too bland after the last two singles

I kind of love and hate the shouted chorus in the new lost generation at the same time

the remix is a remix!

another solid single, but the cry against and crisis moment were a lot more interesting.

Hmm... I'm just okay with it. I mean after The Cry Against, the next 2 singles didn't really "wow" me, just because the first one went out with a giant explosion. I think they should have reversed the sequence of the single releases (if that was possible), save the most shocking one for last.

Sign in to follow this