PsychoΔelica

[SOLVED] Revert to Win7 look

I made a stupid mistake of updating my laptop to Windows 10 and consequently lost my settings. Now I can't find anything in this idiotic layout :[ But I can't remember where I got this plugin(?) thingy and don't know how else I can get the Win7 menu look back. Any ideas?

What does your desktop look like? I just got a new PC so I installed windows 10 on it. From my experience so far, windows 10 looks exactly like windows 7, there's just random tiles when you open up the start menu and a cortana search bar(which you can turn off). I am pretty sure you can turn off almost everything in windows 10 to make it look and feel like windows 7

You can revert to your previous operating system if you upgraded straight from 7 to 10 (Update & Security -> Recovery). 
Pertaining to looks, I would tend to agree with JukaForever's statement in that 10 aesthetically is not too far off from 7 (unless you were ricing the hell out of it).

I use Rainmeter and Fences with 10 and I'm pretty content (since in my situation my laptop started out with Win 8). Other than that, you're pretty much out of luck
doing anything more extensive at the moment.

Or try to love Windows 10.

df4d969082041a283d5a97beb2d8d1e8.jpg

@Δtypical

In your place I would do a clean install of Win 8.

Btw it's 8 or 8.1? Seems like 8.1 has an option of automatic downgrade.

Actually I had Win8, with Win7 settings on the start menu. Also for some reason my registry is blocking my portable programs?

@JukaForever How do I do that?

Just google how to disable anything you don't want to see and tinker around personalization in settings. Right-click the shit out of windows 10 features and check if you can disable it.

Ironically, I probably learned more about windows 10 by trying to disable features than how to use them.