Sign in to follow this  
sai

Linkin Park

pushing me away and runaway are still in the back of my head. its kinda weird feelings where you feel like hearing music, one full track, but in actuality you just hearing your minds.

Pushing me Away, Papercut, Forgotten, those are tracks that'll stay with me for a long time. Not because of the meaning but because of the memories.

Heard the new single today. Completely unimpressed. I turned it off halfway through because it was quite boring :/ But then again, I just can't listen to them any more, I'm no longer an angry teenager. Experimenting is fine but damn, their last good album was Meteora in 2004.

I absolutely LOVE A Thousand Suns. it's such a mature album. it really sounds and feels like a huge work was done on it. this includes lyrics which made a giant step forward from lines like 'I tried so hard and got so far.'

this is why I really hope Living Things sounds like ATS. looking forward to it. Burn It Down is somewhat okayish LP track for me.

Still waiting for anything they release to be honest. Though Burn it Down is just a mix and match of everything they've already released before. It's nothing new or special.

I loved A Thousand Suns and Minutes to Midnight each in their own way, but yes, nothing is better than Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Let's just see what the other tracks on the Living Things will sound like.

I have hopes with this one, the new single reminds me more of Meteora than their last two albums. It's something. I liked the song, actually.

guess I'm the only one here who prefers their newer sound huh? :)

anyways, a tracklisting is confirmed:

01. Lost In The Echo

02. In My Remains

03. Burn It Down

04. Lies Greed Misery

05. I'll Be Gone

06. Castle Of Glass

07. Victimized

08. Roads Untraveled

09. Skin To Bone

10. Until It Breaks

11. Tinfoil

12. Powerless

I enjoyed their new single. It does sound like a mix of their newer material combined with their older style. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Wow, for some reasons I didn't know that thread about Linkin Park existshere :mrgreen:

I've heard Meteora back in 2004 and I have quickly a really big fan of it and later obtained Hybrid Theory. I always liked how each member was showing his talent on the albums all together, especially Mr Hahn :D Chaz's voice is also amazing. I miss the times when they were playing nu-metal, however I admit that I liked some songs on Minutes to Midnight. Blackout and Catalyst were stand-outs on A Thousand Suns.

The thing that bothered me back when MtM came out, that where has Mr Hahn disappeared? :| He really did great work with his scratching on tracks like "Cure for The Itch" or "One Step Closer". The same thing with Mike, he didn't participate too much. Also same was with ATS, what tha heck has happend with Brad, Rob and Phoenix? It really looked as if they've been removed from the band. At least Chazy still somehow managed to keep his vocal range in fit, but it just wasn't enough for me.

I expect that LP gonna finally make that douchebaggy habit of rejecting members stop! And I'm crossing fingers to them doing their works all together again :)

Wow, for some reasons I didn't know that thread about Linkin Park existshere :mrgreen:

I've heard Meteora back in 2004 and I have quickly a really big fan of it and later obtained Hybrid Theory. I always liked how each member was showing his talent on the albums all together, especially Mr Hahn :D Chaz's voice is also amazing. I miss the times when they were playing nu-metal, however I admit that I liked some songs on Minutes to Midnight. Blackout and Catalyst were stand-outs on A Thousand Suns.

The thing that bothered me back when MtM came out, that where has Mr Hahn disappeared? :| He really did great work with his scratching on tracks like "Cure for The Itch" or "One Step Closer". The same thing with Mike, he didn't participate too much. Also same was with ATS, what tha heck has happend with Brad, Rob and Phoenix? It really looked as if they've been removed from the band. At least Chazy still somehow managed to keep his vocal range in fit, but it just wasn't enough for me.

I expect that LP gonna finally make that douchebaggy habit of rejecting members stop! And I'm crossing fingers to them doing their works all together again :)

Yeah I don't think they ever rejected input from any of the members. Their input in the albums just changed. For example, Hahn's sampling and programming shifted in Minutes to Midnight to composing. Though he wasn't completely absent in it either. There were great songs with his sampling like In Pieces or The Little things Give You Away, which were some of my favorite songs. While in A Thousand Suns, there was the notable absence of Brad's guitar playing, it didn't completely vanish, but took more of a back seat. It's the same thing with other members of the band. There part and contributions may change, but there still heavily involved in one way or another.

And I'm eager to hear their new album since it's suppose to return to a more electronic direction like Meteora. Though I doubt it will be like Meteora part 2. At this point a return to their Nu metal sound like Hybrid Theory would be a step back for the band. It would just seem out of place and out dated. The band's progressed and matured into their current sound and if they tried to do another Hybrid theory it might just sound like a forced angry and dark album. They're not in the mindframe or place to do something like that again. Though I admit I do wanna hear some more guitar playing in their next disc.

for some reason I like the fact that Brad and Phoenix shifted to using some other instruments. it looks awesome live. I mean the guitar player does percussion and the bassist is behind a sampling board. I just love when the guys try to do something absolutely new for them. which is why A Thousand Suns instantly became my favorite.

They said its more electronic heavy so that's what I think they mean when they say its back to their roots. Not back to their Nu-metal sound. And the lyrics are suppose to be more about relationships and not politics. The overall sound of the album is suppose to be a combination of all their previous albums which I could see working out. And I actually love their instrumentals, like on Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Session was amazing. I wouldn't mind if they did another track like that. I haven't been let down by a LP album, so I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out.

I am looking forward for this new album more than ever.

Or more exactly, more than last 2 albums.

Especially after the first single which reminds me so much with how Ladytron would sound if going hardcore :lol:

so now that Living Things has leaked, I have to say I don't like it.

I mean, guys, what the hell? twelve tracks worth goddamn 37 minutes? that's totally fucked up.

I fucking hate short songs. my personal perfect song should be at least five minutes long.

songs sound like cut in the middle, they're empty. I don't see any story behind them.

they rush before my eyes (or ears) and leave absolutely nothing.

on the bright side I have to say that guys keep experimenting. I like that.

but this is too much. too much of everything.

too much of electronic sound, too much of rapping, too much of boring vocal lines.

I need something to think about and this album gives me nothing.

I guess the only Living Thing to make it into my playlist is Burn It Down.

and perhaps Lost In The Echo which is saved by somewhat cool and interesting music part.

the rest is boring to death.

well, I still have their perfect album, A Thousand Suns.

until then, sorry Linkin Park, you get my personal F.

I'll wait for the next record and keep trying to dig into this one.

I gave up on this band after Minutes to Midnight. They are like girugamesh. Just keeps getting worse and worse.

Not even going to try this album.

I gave up on this band after Minutes to Midnight. They are like girugamesh. Just keeps getting worse and worse.

Not even going to try this album.

LP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> girugamesh tbfh.

Their sound evolving is far more grand than what girugamesh did.

Furik didn't mean it in style of music or quality of that music, just the fact that "like girugamesh" this band was once great but now only makes bad stuff.

I have to say I really like half of this album and the rest isn't bad, it's just nothing special. I admit they were once much more challenging than they are now, but they're far from bad. Just not that interesting anymore.

Same goes for Girugamesh tbh. Their music evolved and yes, for most it got boring, but their instrumentals, their playing, their production and Satoshi's vocals have only become better and better. It's just sad the music isn't interesting anymore :s

Both bands are perfect live though. Wouldn't mind to see any of them live right now.

Furik didn't mean it in style of music or quality of that music, just the fact that "like girugamesh" this band was once great but now only makes bad stuff.

You're right

Living things has already leaked? Though it gonna come out in 10 days. Nevertheless, I listened to some previews and gotta say, that it will possibly have a common thing with Thousand Suns - while 4 or 5 tracks are noteworthy, rest was kinda... bland, especially that Brad or Rob again don't get enough chance to excel themselves.

As for that comparison with Girugamesh, I agree with Chianti, thier situation is virtually worse. Two first perfect albums, third with new directon industrial metal and win at the same time, but later just slipped downhill and landed up right in the sewer.

Overall, I have no problems with bands taking different direction as long as they make it sound worthy. I understand that Linkin Park wants to make some kind of industrial based sound, but I think, that they should try it Mad Capsule Markets' way, when elecrto-sound, guitar riffs and drums go along in an out-standing way. That definetly would keep their awesomeness on high level.

BTW I'll later post my thoughts, when I give shot to the full "Living Things".

recent show setlists were like this:

01. Game Of Thrones Intro

02. With You

03. Faint

04. Given Up

05. Victimized / QWERTY

06. Lying From You / Papercut

07. Somewhere I Belong (Extended Intro)

08. New Divide

09. In My Remains

10. Empty Spaces

11. When They Come For Me