Sign in to follow this  
sai

Linkin Park

Can't believe there's not a topic for them *shocked*

I found their latest album to be quite good, a lot better than Minutes to Midnight. I kind of like this direction they are taking, The Catalyst, When They Come For Me and Wrectches and Kings were the highlights for me.

Discuss 8D

Oh yeah: H8TERS GONNA HATE

Loved them ever since I bought Hybrid Theory when I was about 13 or so. (Which seems ages ago)

I have to admit I love their first two full lengths more than anything they've put out since, but their last album wasn't that bad either. I was amused and pretty surprised by the songs. They were a lot better than anything on Minutes to Midnight.

They're getting more and more calmer, as in less distortion and more melodic at music as time goes.

But also getting more powerful and philosophical at lyrics.

I enjoyed all of them. Also their remix album, which was the best remix album at that time. It was better sounding than another remix album by Limp Bizkit.

While, although i have so much respect with Jay-Z

i can't find myself truly enjoy Collision Course.

I don't know why.

Some emo-ish lyrics on Minutes to Midnight,

if one listen to it carefully. But it's not annoying and not too whiny. Which is good.

I've heard A Thousands Suns are a concept album,

where track by track of sings telling story about causes, effects, ultimate destruction and horrific reality of war.

Where the last song, The Messenger is a sign of hope after all war over and finish everything.

A very thoughtful and powerful song,

with only Chester singing along by an acoustic guitar and a piano that am guessing played by Shinoda.

Every member of the band play a part, everyone's the frontmen, which i believe if any of them goes, LP will eventually die. Just like The Beatles.

Love 'The Catalyst' but I heard the 2nd single and that turned me off checking out A Thousand Suns. So it's that good hey?

Shinoda still rapping and Hahn still scratch and sampling.

but it is sounded more delicate than Minutes to Midnite as a whole.

I liked their first two albums as well, Hybrid Theory and Meteora are still the best for me, mostly Meteora. Minutes to Midnight was a big disappointment for me, but A Thousand Suns gave me hope again. It's nothing like what they did before, but it still amuses me. Can't believe I've listened to them from since I was 13/14

Love 'The Catalyst' but I heard the 2nd single and that turned me off checking out A Thousand Suns. So it's that good hey?

I wouldn't say it's superb, it's good, that's for sure, but I recommend checking it out because there are some really cool songs on there.

yeah i think A Thousands Suns is a good turn.

i was surprised though when i first heard The Catalyst.

It's very dancy and poppy lol

Chester's always been involved in electronic projects.. doesn't surprise me that LP took an electro turn.

I didn't really like A Thousands Suns when I first listened to it., but I love it now. It is definitely more Artsy, and I can see a lot of people not liking it. It's great to listen while doing your own artsy stuff, or to just listen to. The first song I remember really liking was Burning In The Sky. I loved the lyrics, melody, and verses. The lyrics have gotten better, which had been improving since Minutes To Midnight(which everyone didn't seem to like except me.) On MM though, they tried to refrain from too much sampling or shinoda's rapping except for like one song. On A Thousands, they've brought back a ton of sampling, and the rapping, yet it's totally different from their past albums.

They're finally coming to Belgium this summer. (Been waiting 10 years for that.)

Never been happier, waking up to news like that :P

I only have to go to one of the most crowded festivals over here, but it's LP we're talking about. Haha

Haha :P yeah. I don't want to go to that festival, but I've always said that if they come, I don't care where it is, I'm going.

When I saw my dad had put up the news on facebook, and I asked him if he'd go as well, he just simply said: I promised that, didn't I? (thinking back of a promise he made like 7 or 8 years ago, because I was such a big LP fan back in the day :P)

It just reminds me of when I was 13, lying on the ground of my room, listening to In the end (and the complete Hybrid Theory album) on repeat :P

I can't 'not go' now they're finally in my country again! (Last time they were here is exactly 10 years ago. Somewhere in March 2001)

I have no idea. But it's around the same time, isn't it? Then they might pop up :P They've been there before so I wouldn't get why they wouldn't come this time.

Haha :P Well, I wonder how many Belgian fans will actually show up. Lots of kids my age really want to see them, but the 16 year olds are saying that they don't understand why LP is a headliner.

Anyway, I'll be having fun :P that's for sure :-)

Listened to 'Hybrid Theory' today for the first time in a long time.

What a great album <3 I forget how good some of their songs are. And still 10 years later, they haven't aged at all.

Sign in to follow this