SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

This is a question but since it is about video games I figured I would post it here. Would it be better to play Resident Evil 0 before Resident Evil 1? I've never played either but I'm considering getting 0 and playing it before I start on 1, which I already have but haven't gotten around to playing.

^i haven't played either yet, but i would probably play RE1 first since it's the first released game of the series. i think RE0 mostly covers the backstory of what happened before the events of RE1. i think it's alright even if you start with RE1, but maybe someone who has played both can tell you which order is preferable.

anyway, i'll be playing Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 for the rest of my summer~ ever since i bought a copy in japan i've been waiting all summer to play it. i love this series for the cute graphics and beautiful sceneries. and it's just a really fun game to past your summer time.

508657-boku_no_natsuyasumi_3__29_.jpg 508613-boku_no_natsuyasumi_3__9_.jpg

Edited by plastic_rainbow

20 hours ago, Seiji said:

Steam's like a curse - giving me all the games I want to play for less money than the console versions.

Got no other choice than to play on PC :S

Is arkham asylum really that great? I've got it too but never got around playing it

Yes. If you're a hardcore batman fan (and I don't just mean the movies) Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are considered the best batman games to ever come out and the best super hero video games to be released. If you're not so much a comic fan and just maybe have a mild interest in batman, maybe seen some of the movies, but are a action game lover then I would still say that they are worth playing through because they have one of the most addicting and fun  combat and combo system in gaming as well. If none of those things interest you then it might not be for you.

19 hours ago, Nagisa said:

This is a question but since it is about video games I figured I would post it here. Would it be better to play Resident Evil 0 before Resident Evil 1? I've never played either but I'm considering getting 0 and playing it before I start on 1, which I already have but haven't gotten around to playing.

Play 1 first and then 0. Normally I would recommend playing them in order of release and not timeline, but that would require you to play 2 and 3 before 0 since that's how they we're released. I'm assuming though that is not an option, so the next best thing is to just play 1 first and then 0.

Alright, that's two votes for Okami so I'll play that next. The only issue is that it's on PS3 and I've gotten so used to the improvements in the PS4 (like suspend mode & better controller). Really REALLY wish that Sony could do backwards compatibility X_X

I do already own all the games I put in that list, and I want to play all of them but it's just a matter of time.

As for Neverwinter, it seems like a passable WoW clone. Though the graphics somehow don't look that much better than WoW. It's also got some framerate issues on PS4 but that doesn't bother me.

The story is really confusing, I dunno maybe I'm supposed to read all those lore entries to make sense of it. But it's like, you make your character, then you just wake up on a beach because the boat you were on got shipwrecked (with no reason given as to why you were on a boat), and then somehow you end up helping some soldiers against some scary lady's undead monsters, then you make it to a big city and do quests. I feel like there's a lot of context that got lost somewhere... 

I was too late to respond to you, @peffy, but Kingdoms of Amalur is a lot of fun. Combat is absolutely top notch, and there's so much to do in the game, it can even be quite overwhelming sometimes. Certainly worth the money and time though. I suggest you play it after Okami since that's my pick. I actually picked up Okami on the Wii not too long ago. Only played a bit of it, but there's no way you can't love how it looks.

Made a habit of posting in the VN thread since I'm on a VN binge atm so I'll take this moment to respond here on what I'm up to as well. Coming to the end of 999, which sucks since I zoomed though it, but my full attention is on Amnesia: Memories for now. It wasn't what I expected, as the routes are selected right at the start of the game. It's made me realize I prefer the usual VN gamestyle. Characters didn't leave a good first impression on me, but by the end of it, their traits got the best of me. Only completed Shin's path, since I thought he was the most official (apart from that secret fifth guy). He's really grown on me and now, picking a different guy and not him makes me feel bad and upset. Didn't think I could actually like them like this. I did not ask for this!

Picked up my DS to play a bit of Pokemon White too, thanks to @CAT5. I didn't even finish SoulSilver, and not even halfway in White. Did only a bit of Pokemon Go too yesterday as it somehow started to work for me when I accidently updated Google Maps, woohoo~ Apart from a few PS3 games being touched too, like Reckoning, I'm mostly doing VN hunting. /o/

Played and finished the new Doomgamea few weeks ago. Just pure, mindless action like they gave us action gamers in the 90's. Full blast from start to finish. I thought it was great.

1 hour ago, beni said:

my full attention is on Amnesia: Memories for now. It wasn't what I expected, as the routes are selected right at the start of the game. It's made me realize I prefer the usual VN gamestyle. Characters didn't leave a good first impression on me, but by the end of it, their traits got the best of me. Only completed Shin's path, since I thought he was the most official (apart from that secret fifth guy). He's really grown on me and now, picking a different guy and not him makes me feel bad and upset. Didn't think I could actually like them like this. I did not ask for this!

Man, I loved Shin. Easily the best choice in that game, but mostly because I thought all the other guys were either douchebags or boring.

Well, Ikki was kind of ok in the end.

The other thing that bothered me about the game was the backgrounds. I don't really get what they were going for with the.. monochrome. They look like concept drawings that they didn't have time to fully render.

5 hours ago, peffy said:

Alright, that's two votes for Okami so I'll play that next. The only issue is that it's on PS3 and I've gotten so used to the improvements in the PS4 (like suspend mode & better controller). Really REALLY wish that Sony could do backwards compatibility X_X

You actually can use the PS4 controller with PS3, either by using a cable or with a bit more setup you can get it to work wireless through bluetooth... http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-DualShock-4-Can-Become-Wireless-PS3-Controller-Here-How-Do-It-65034.html

6 hours ago, Original Saku said:

You actually can use the PS4 controller with PS3, either by using a cable or with a bit more setup you can get it to work wireless through bluetooth... http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-DualShock-4-Can-Become-Wireless-PS3-Controller-Here-How-Do-It-65034.html

Hmm, Okami isn't listed as a compatible game, but it just might not've been tested.

Anyway I would want to have vibration working, and it seems there might be issues with the PS button? I will just use the DS3 haha. Thanks though ^_^ 

Ok I did it. I bought God Eater for my Vita. The anime has convinced me to do so lol.

I also missed the Battleborn special by a minute. fuuuugggg. At least Maverick Hunter X was still on sale hehe.

Edited by YuyoDrift

11 hours ago, Hakari said:

I have been trying to get through witcher 3, it's almost to long for me.

That there is what we gamers like to call "your money's worth" lol

30 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

That there is what we gamers like to call "your money's worth" lol

Very true, nothing worst than playing a great game with no content

On 24/07/2016 at 5:00 PM, peffy said:

Man, I loved Shin. Easily the best choice in that game, but mostly because I thought all the other guys were either douchebags or boring.

Well, Ikki was kind of ok in the end.

The other thing that bothered me about the game was the backgrounds. I don't really get what they were going for with the.. monochrome. They look like concept drawings that they didn't have time to fully render.

LMAO. I always thought Toma was weirdly affectionate, even though I like the clearly very loving guys most, lol. Came off way too strong, and THEN I decided to look at reviews and... yeaaaaaahhhh, I was right to listen to myself! I don't usually care about the guys with glasses in such games, but Kent comes off as second best. Something that sold him to me was this one post on Tumblr who gave brief summaries of the routes from Shin's "protects you from everyone", to Ukyo's "protects you from himself" and Kent's "learns how to boyfriend". X'D Actually started his route first without realizing, since I chose "Clover World" when I didn't know what was happening. I thought him and Sawa would be having a thing going on with their attire similarities, lmao. Shin definitely was surprisingly pleasant. His cold exterior didn't do anything for me until I realized he's actually a sweetie. >w< Ukyo seems interesting but... after his first appearance in the Toma route, I'M GOOD BEING AWAY FROM YOU, MAN. D: It genuinly thrightened me! I feel like I'll cave in and end up officially shipping heroine x Ukyo though, just for plot and feels. We shall see!

You don't like the backgrounds? Hmm... I definitely noticed them, but I actually like them against the character portraits, and even on their own. I'm just really pleased with the game's style overall. What I disliked after reading a review and it sticking out to me ever since is how each time a different character speaks/comes on screen, the screen will go black for a second. You can imagine how constant that is. Maybe it was just on PC that it does it.

My one other problem is... WHY ISN'T ORION AVAILABLE FOR SOME ROMANCING!? Pfffff.

I also started OZMAFIA!! just a few days ago. The heroine also suffers from amnesia (^^;;), but the story is pretty much its title: Wizard of Oz influenced Mafia setting. Sure it's not THAT gangsta, especially compared to other BL games on the rougher side and animes, but the art and characters were interesting enough for me to start it up. Apart from this one guy I had my eyes on who tried to get the heroine in a brothel. I know it's a route, but what a way to turn me off a character so quickly, lmao. So I've gone for the awkward glasses dude again. X'D You can even make a love triangle happen, which I thought was delicious, lol. There's also a female (best friend) route you can go for. I think it's nice in an otome game, especially when there's plenty of females in such a game and not shunned like in BL games. One thing I still don't like is how young some dudes can look. Like, two of them look pre-teen, and I hate how I'm sort of liking one of them, URG. And the music isn't as good as Amnesia (even the CV aren't as fitting to me then the Amnesia cast... probably because of Shin influencing me >.>), which I really did enjoy, and even the characters are a bit... questionable, and not just the questionable brothel dude. Hurrr. The heroine has more of a personality than Amnesia's since everything with Orion, but it actually makes me wish OZMAFIA!!'s chick had a sidekick really. Her contant dialogue of question after question gets on my nerve too. I know you can't help it but please, take a breather! Will see how it goes. Now I want to try out Diabolik Lovers due to the art. *sighs* Where's our release!?

I've just started on FF Type-0 HD, and while the setting is interesting, I don't know if I'll be able to blaze through such  clunky and awful control/camera. Really, if you are re-releasing a game, you should at least fix its shittier features, right?

5 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

I've just started on FF Type-0 HD, and while the setting is interesting, I don't know if I'll be able to blaze through such  clunky and awful control/camera. Really, if you are re-releasing a game, you should at least fix its shittier features, right?

Yeah the camera is teribad in that game. if it wasn't for the camera it would be a 10/10 game imo. Still though try to get used to it as type-0 is the best FF game in a decade since XII.

On 7/26/2016 at 2:30 PM, beni said:

My one other problem is... WHY ISN'T ORION AVAILABLE FOR SOME ROMANCING!? Pfffff.

Orion looks a bit too young for me ^^;;;

However, there's an older version of him in Amnesia World who looks pretty. "Nova". Can't remember a damned thing about the story though. Including whether or not he was a romance option...  

On 7/26/2016 at 2:30 PM, beni said:

Now I want to try out Diabolik Lovers due to the art. *sighs* Where's our release!?

I suffered through played 3 of those games... (well, I skipped through the storylines of the guys I wasn't interested in.) Those games are... hmm.. recommended if you are a total masochist.. which I'm not.. so I mostly found the heroine irritating and was constantly shocked as to how she could fall in love with these guys, aside from the fact that most of them are really pretty. She gets nicknames like Chichinashi (No-Breasts/Flat Chest), Bitch-chan, Mesubuta (female pig). Most of the games consist of reading short scenarios that are basically about the various ways she gets sexually assaulted (never mind that she's only supposed to be 17). There's also a mild undertone of incest. Anyway, if you MUST play, I'd recommend only the first game, cuz the rest of them add too many characters and have a way crappier main storyline.

52 minutes ago, peffy said:

Orion looks a bit too young for me ^^;;;

However, there's an older version of him in Amnesia World who looks pretty. "Nova". Can't remember a damned thing about the story though. Including whether or not he was a romance option... 

I actually really really really really really REALLY feel uncomfortable when shota looking character are available, as I said. But Orion has struck me as the most pleasant overall (bound to happen I guess!), but I'll have to check more on its sequels then! I was staying clear of them because I get so jealous we don't have anything yet for an English release. X'D

55 minutes ago, peffy said:

suffered through played 3 of those games... (well, I skipped through the storylines of the guys I wasn't interested in.) Those games are... hmm.. recommended if you are a total masochist.. which I'm not.. so I mostly found the heroine irritating and was constantly shocked as to how she could fall in love with these guys, aside from the fact that most of them are really pretty. She gets nicknames like Chichinashi (No-Breasts/Flat Chest), Bitch-chan, Mesubuta (female pig). Most of the games consist of reading short scenarios that are basically about the various ways she gets sexually assaulted (never mind that she's only supposed to be 17). There's also a mild undertone of incest. Anyway, if you MUST play, I'd recommend only the first game, cuz the rest of them add too many characters and have a way crappier main storyline.

...OK. So. The only way you surely can describe playing that sure does sound like suffering! Not what I was expecting at all. XD Me posting here makes me sound worse and worse lmao. This is so disappointing to hear (great to know though. Thats one game I don't need to ever bother with, thanks!) Too bad they have some of the best art to go with it. Guess my only choice is OZMAFIA!! for now. DL seems to be damn popular too, so I've really been taken aback from hearing its content. :/ Wasn't expecting that at all. Honestly just got Twilight impressions from pics/vids, lmao.

12 minutes ago, beni said:

DL seems to be damn popular too, so I've really been taken aback from hearing its content. :/ Wasn't expecting that at all. Honestly just got Twilight impressions from pics/vids, lmao.

Hmm, I suppose it gets more Twilight-ish towards the end of each character arc (if you get the good ending). Can't really say, because I haven't seen/read anything of Twilight, but I'm guessing it's super romantic and ... sparkly. 

But yeah.. before it gets romantic, the heroine has a REALLY rough time. She gets her blood sucked from basically everywhere on her body (often to the point of passing out or getting ill from anemia), kissed against her will, put into embarrassing situations in public, verbally abused, and forcibly confined. Eventually she gets used to this treatment and somehow makes the vampire love her (because she's soooo sweet and innocent and supportive and caring and insert stereotypical anime girl trait).

I felt a sudden urge to play strategy games so I bought Total War: Shogun 2, I tried playing it last night at 3AM and thought it was confusing, tried again today and I ended up playing for 8 hours... This is too addicting.

Edited by indigo

2 hours ago, indigo said:

I felt a sudden urge to play strategy games so I bought Total War: Shogun 2, I tried playing it last night at 3AM and thought it was confusing, tried again today and I ended up playing for 8 hours... This is too addicting.

Great game and yes, super addicting haha

Okami HD

I estimate I'm about halfway through. This is a super beautiful game and I generally like what it's doing. It's very satisfying to make the world pretty again. I LOVE feeding animals, hahahaha.

I do have complaints though.

- The voice acting consists of atrocious wakawakawaka sound effects, exacerbated by not being able to button past SOME dialogue. I have no idea why it's possible in some scenes but not in others. I ended up drowning out the "voices" with other music during cutscenes because they really grate on my nerves.

- The brush controls are iffy. Sometimes I try to draw a vine and it doesn't work or it does a slash instead (especially annoying during the spider boss fight). Sometimes I try to draw "bloom" circles and it doesn't work, resulting in me drawing circles over and over and over again (while incrementally changing the camera angle) before it finally clicks. It's also moderately difficult to draw a nice circle with a PS3 analog stick...

AdVenture Capitalist

This is free to play clicker/idle-game trash that has no business being on PS4. But it has trophies and the numbers

KEEP

GETTING

BIGGGGERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and then you reset your game for multiplier bonuses so the numbers get bigger faster

I can't stop

1 hour ago, peffy said:

Okami HD

I estimate I'm about halfway through. This is a super beautiful game and I generally like what it's doing. It's very satisfying to make the world pretty again. I LOVE feeding animals, hahahaha.

eyyyyyy 8)

I wonder if the PS2 (original) was the better version? Glad to see you are enjoying it though.

Still playing Vanilla Witcher 3 and God Eater: Resurrection.

Witcher 3 story is pretty entertaining, but it has been a while since my last open world video game (last one was FF13), so I'm having a hard time staying focused on the storyline lol so I'm just out doing sidequests.

God Eater has begun to get repetitive. I mean,  I can tolerate it for an hour, but after that I feel I would rather play anything else.  Gonna probably hold off on getting God Eater 2 on release.

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

Witcher 3 story is pretty entertaining, but it has been a while since my last open world video game (last one was FF13), so I'm having a hard time staying focused on the storyline lol so I'm just out doing sidequests.

My motivation in that game was to get Triss in bed <3

My secondary motivation was to reunite with Ciri, she's so cool <3

But yeah, there's TOO MUCH other stuff to do, but it's all pretty entertaining, so take your time and enjoy.

I still need to buy the season pass and play the expansions. RIP spare time.