Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

Like... for me, Repetition of Hatred and The Deeper Vileness were entirely too similar, BUT I LOVED IT ANYWAY, TWO MORE SONGS TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE TO!!!! I saw them in Philadelphia in August and honestly I wish they had played more songs from MOAB and I bet my friend did too. Those songs are the ones you want to be played at lives, but when you're in your car and you can't throw fists I prefer to listen to UROBOROS... (I've also ha vivid fantasies about playing Gaika, Chinmoku ga Nemuru Koro live... lol.)

I definitely see this song being another sort of deathcore-like approach for the band judging from what they have been doing lately...but the title implies it could be a ballad.

oh and just my two cents:

Implying that Dir en grey has some sort of GOAL (aside from their stated aim at creating a sort-of...world view) is completely false. The band matures and is always about changing things up, so as you look throughout their discography -- the band and their sound is never the same. So, stating that The Marrow of A Bone was a step back in some sort of PROGRESSION sounds like complete rubbish to me.

What is also complete rubbish, is all of the implications that Dir en grey has become "Americanized" or The Marrow of a Bone sounded like "generic american metal". How does one figure that? The band was pursing a heavier sound (metal) and wanted to push it even farther. This is implying that METAL is an american genre of music, no. Metal -- though roots in Britain -- is a universal sound that is not specifc to a region. Any person from any country can be a metal band. The only thing I can really say about The Marrow of A Bone regarding the bands' influences...was that it was inspired by a lot of bands that they were touring with and listening to at the time. You hear KORN influence in like...2 tracks (Lie Buried With A Vengeance with the guitar riff) but that's really it. Then there is some "metalcore", and a bunch of other crazy stuff that is very hard to categorize.

So in summary: no band is genuinely original and their members have their own influences. When Dir en grey makes largely a metal album, that does not mean it is american metal. When in reality most of their current music is influenced by EUROPEAN BANDS, so idk why all of a sudden kids say "THEY"RE AMERICANIZED" lol it makes no sense.

Implying that Dir en grey has some sort of GOAL (aside from their stated aim at creating a sort-of...world view) is completely false. The band matures and is always about changing things up, so as you look throughout their discography -- the band and their sound is never the same. So, stating that The Marrow of A Bone was a step back in some sort of PROGRESSION sounds like complete rubbish to me.

What is also complete rubbish, is all of the implications that Dir en grey has become "Americanized" or The Marrow of a Bone sounded like "generic american metal". How does one figure that? The band was pursing a heavier sound (metal) and wanted to push it even farther. This is implying that METAL is an american genre of music, no. Metal -- though roots in Britain -- is a universal sound that is not specifc to a region. Any person from any country can be a metal band. The only thing I can really say about The Marrow of A Bone regarding the bands' influences...was that it was inspired by a lot of bands that they were touring with and listening to at the time. You hear KORN influence in like...2 tracks (Lie Buried With A Vengeance with the guitar riff) but that's really it. Then there is some "metalcore", and a bunch of other crazy stuff that is very hard to categorize.

So in summary: no band is genuinely original and their members have their own influences. When Dir en grey makes largely a metal album, that does not mean it is american metal. When in reality most of their current music is influenced by EUROPEAN BANDS, so idk why all of a sudden kids say "THEY"RE AMERICANIZED" lol it makes no sense.

That's like... everything I've been saying the entire time. xD Why aren't we friends again? xD

^Summarizes it pretty well?

Yay. I love how they take their time with their releases and not shit out a new single every month like the rest of the bands. Thumbs up.

2uhlqjc.jpg

It'll suck, like all their releases post-Yukiya production.

IBXE6.gif

I hope it's nothing like Hageshisa to.

This!

After releasing one of the 5 worst songs ever in form of Hageshisashittycrapblablabla, I have no expectations for this to be anything else than garbage. Their latest re-recordings was horrible as well, so I just can't see how this is gonna be any good. BUt then again, I did not see how Uroboros could be any good either, being released after they released one of the 5 worst albums of all time. So hopefully they'll surprise me.

But I hope they continue their Deathcore-garbage with so-called "brutal" and "heavy" riffs, "brutal" drumming, "brutal" screams and then go for weak, poppy chorus. Lulz! It's so weak.

I don't really hope they do it though. I hope they at least try to make something listenable this time, instead of giving up and just writing the worst song ever, like with Hageshishablablawhatisthisshittysongcalledagain?

Well, their previous single sucked major balls and was the worst thing since TMOAB, so I'm not expecting anything. Lotus sounds like a really nice name though. Maybe they'll surprise me and do something totally different from their usual style. Their wannabe deathcore crap is getting a bit old. Uroboros was a really nice direction, but Hageshisa totally ruined the progress. But let's hope it was just a temporary brain damage.

But I hope they continue their Deathcore-garbage with so-called "brutal" and "heavy" riffs, "brutal" drumming, "brutal" screams and then go for weak, poppy chorus. Lulz! It's so weak.

HAY GUISE I'VE NEVER HEARD ANY DEATHCORE BUT I'M A SUPER HIP KVLTSTER SO I'M GOING TO SAY THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT ANYWAY

Considering it's been a year since their last release, they would absolutely suck if they made us wait 5 months for a single....

I'm pretty sure they have finalized their next album by now and will release it in mid-spring (end of march or april).

They probably look at other band's release dates too - considering Gazette had a bunch of singles scheduled through this autumn, it's sort of better to postpone their own release to January, where no major releases are planned so far.

Actually to be honest, the only Dir en grey albums I liked were Gauze and Withering to Death. Oh, and Macabre. But I guess their style from now on will be just as br00tal as Hageshisa to and Uroboros. And I don't like that style, honestly.