Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

Sheena Ringo new song "Kamisama, Hotokesama" announced (featuring Mukai from ZAZEN BOYS)

Ringo Sheena announced a new song "Kamisama, Hotokesama", which will be a theme song for an "isai vivid" smartphone commercial. The song will also feature Shutoku Mukai from ZAZEN BOYS and NUMBER GIRL fame as a co-vocalist/guitarist (you can hear his vocals vaguely in the end of the sample below - ro69 assumes that he will be responsible for "rapping" in the same vein as that guy from Maboroshi in "Ryuukou") 

No other details known, Taiwanese/Chinese fans are expecting the single announcement to come out after her Taipei gig(s) though.

Commercial:

Very Jihen-y so far!

Looks like she is releasing a new single (that will include the song above) titled "長く短い祭 (Nagaku mijikai matsuri". It's going to be released on 2015.08.05.

These promo shots tho!

『長く短い祭/神様、仏様』

2015年8月5日発売

<初回完全限定生産>

UPCH-89233 1,200円(税抜)

全2曲収録

news_header_sheenaringo_art201506.jpg

news_xlarge_sheenaringo_JK.jpg

^it will be a double A-side single tho: Kamisama, Hotokesama/Nagaku Nijikai Matsuri - and the othee a-side is supposed to be a "Brazilian-ish dance song"...

DAT MILF DOE

I wouldn't say her career is dead yet. That second sample is ass but the first song sounds dope. I'll wait for the entire single before I make my mind up.

her career is dead! people cry as she lands the biggest endorsement deal of her career with coke and makes her debut in vogue taiwan ahead of her first international concert

I'm going to pretend that the second video doesn't exist. It gets worse every time I hear it. First video is listenable at least, but far from her best work. Sounds like she just sat down and composed the first things that came to mind. Considering her tone during the last interview, that might just be what she did.

I'm honestly enjoying the hell out of both songs. I really don't get the hate this time. :| NIPPON sucked and sure, her early albums are better, but these are pretty great too.

I'm honestly enjoying the hell out of both songs. I really don't get the hate this time. :| NIPPON sucked and sure, her early albums are better, but these are pretty great too.

this basicly. i can understand that the autotune in the one song is a pretty hit or miss effect (a miss in my case...) but otherwise these are very enjoyable to me. If this is what comes out when sitting down and composing the first things that come to mind, i have no problem with her continuing with that.

The autotuned one sounds like a parody of a leftover Jihen track. The other one sounds pretty nice...kinda like she was trying to revisit to her roots - the ending is especially great.

Sign in to follow this