Sign in to follow this  
MikuKun

Best Buck-Tick full length album?

I love Buck-Tick and I was curious what everyone's favorite album was? I'm a fan of full length album's so which full length is your personal favorite??

I would have chosen 十三階は月光 if it wasn't for the fact that it works solely as an entirety - i.e. most of the songs are individually weak :/

Darker than Darkness encapsulates this splendid, fittingly evil and 'dark' (as that title implies, haha) content where each song, with their unique traits and whatnot, is solely replayable in the long term.

In addition, albums mentioned above have their own share of songs that I tend to skip (e.g. Feast of Demoralization and My Funny Valentine are still yawn-worthy!), unlike DTD :)

Sexy Stream Liner!

I've noticed I'm sort of lonley with saying that,  but I really like their late 90's stuff. Sexy Stream Liner and One Life, One Death is superior to any of their other cd's IMO.

^ It took an extremely long amount of time for me to appreciate OLOD, but SSL is a truly unique and interesting chapter in B-T's discog, that's for sure! Gotta love the totally cold, otherworldly and at times minimalistic feel of the whole album. Not to mention that the live DVD that record spawned is one of their best!

Haven't listened to all of their albums, but of the few I have heard Seventh Heaven is the one I like most.

Wasn't a fan of 十三階は月光 since I expected it to all be like "Doll," but I wouldn't discourage you from at least trying it.

Darker Than Darkness -Style 93- also has some good track on it too, and I really liked their 2014 album.

and I really liked their 2014 album.

Yesss, Arui wa Anarchy totally deserves a mention here! While it's not their best work, I was really (pleasantly) surprised that they can still pull off such a solid album so late in their career.

Also, gotta echo the previous sentiments about Seventh Heaven and Aku no hana, those are close seconds for me.

Has anyone actually listened to the 2015 remaster of Aku no hana? How is it compared to the original?

I love Aku no hana but for some reason on the original CD the sounds are too "dense" for the songs. A little muddled even.. like one guitar is thrown on top of another and they drown eachother out instead of sounding fine alongside eachother if you get what I mean.

Sign in to follow this