PsychoΔelica

Why did you choose your username?

Maiko = A variation of Mike

Mizu = Water which is tied in with the Astrology sign, Cancer: June 25 (my birthday).

Your birthday is so close to mine x)

#sorryforgoingofftopic

That's a really clever and interesting username approach and idea!

I see so many unique ones around here. I'm very curious to know if any of you have stories involving them. :D

Mine is obvious. However, it has more meaning than just him being my hero. I came up with this username in hopes that by posting as much I can on his twitter and instragram updates... that maybe he would notice me. Not like talking to me, but that he would know that I'm here. I wanted him to know that there is at least one more person out there he inspires every single day and hopefully smile. I like when he's happy because it means the world to me. It's what inspires me to improve and overcome my own everyday challenges as much as possible.

Well, anyway, I realized that I actually liked this name. I guess I became obsessed with it and started using it everywhere I go now too. It makes me happy seeing it because it's one of the things that can remind me of just how much Takeru truly means to me and inspires me every day.

So, does your username have a story? Or did you just come up without one day out of the blue? Discuss it all here. :3

It's the name of my character + by proxy became what people called me

Plus it's pretty distinctive, the only other senedjem I've ever seen was a dude who got banned on a batshit insane christian forum for being too batshit insane christian

What? Sorry beni but there's no other thread like this. I checked.

Another popped up a few hours ago so that one was morphed to this one. xD I'll edit that post now, sorry for the confusion.

Be careful of making a thread which has already been made! Thanks @CAT5

lol... sorry. I'm not used to forums with no 'one month revival rule'. There's a forum I go on that has one, and I've been on it for like... nearly eleven years. So, I've gotten so accustomed to THEIR rules... hehe. ><

lol... sorry. I'm not used to forums with no 'one month revival rule'. There's a forum I go on that has one, and I've been on it for like... nearly eleven years. So, I've gotten so accustomed to THEIR rules... hehe. ><

Oh my goodness, no no no no, not a problem at all. If a thread has already been made, you just have to post in it to 'revive' it so there's no need to make a new thread. The search function at the top is helpful in locating all things mentioned on the forum so if you want to make a thread you think might already exist, just type a related word in there. Mods will get the job done if you make a mistake so please don't worry!

Oh my goodness, no no no no, not a problem at all. If a thread has already been made, you just have to post in it to 'revive' it so there's no need to make a new thread. The search function at the top is helpful in locating all things mentioned on the forum so if you want to make a thread you think might already exist, just type a related word in there. Mods will get the job done if you make a mistake so please don't worry!

Actually a couple of times I failed to find the thread I was looking for lol

Actually a couple of times I failed to find the thread I was looking for lol

Nah, same here. XD I guess if it's recent and you know there's already an existing thread, just respond to that one, unless you can search and find it. ^^ I'll stfu now lol.

Nah, same here. XD I guess if it's recent and you know there's already an existing thread, just respond to that one, unless you can search and find it. ^^ I'll stfu now lol.

Well I saw a thread in the download section the other day but after I wanted to get back to it some time later it was gone. Which is funny.

I see so many unique ones around here. I'm very curious to know if any of you have stories involving them. :D

Mine is obvious. However, it has more meaning than just him being my hero. I came up with this username in hopes that by posting as much I can on his twitter and instragram updates... that maybe he would notice me. Not like talking to me, but that he would know that I'm here. I wanted him to know that there is at least one more person out there he inspires every single day and hopefully smile. I like when he's happy because it means the world to me. It's what inspires me to improve and overcome my own everyday challenges as much as possible.

Well, anyway, I realized that I actually liked this name. I guess I became obsessed with it and started using it everywhere I go now too. It makes me happy seeing it because it's one of the things that can remind me of just how much Takeru truly means to me and inspires me every day.

So, does your username have a story? Or did you just come up without one day out of the blue? Discuss it all here. :3

How long have you been using that username?

I have one username called "KamijoIsMyHero" which I created on another forum just after the announcement of Versailles going on a hiatus. -ismyhero has good ring to it and it somewhat rhymed with Kamijo so it stuck on.

"JukaForever" is simply in memory of Juka, who has officially retired just before I joined this forum. Might change it, I have a better username which I use for steam but I am undecided.

Because y'all suck and I was in an obviously-fail-troll mood. I'm tempted to change it to FUUHTOU for inside joke reasons.

I've had 3 previous usernames, only one of which mattered:
1. My name: Missa. Some people thought I jacked it from Diru, but I actually had my name long before that release. Cuz, ya kno, it's mah name. :P
2. Dionixia is a random combination of 3 names I liked the sound of put together just so I could join TW (I didn't want Jeiku to know his massive spam campaign worked). I prefered it to be shortened to Dio, Nix, Xia, or Nixia.... some people shortened it to Dion just to aggravate me. XD
3. Lurk-n-Leech Should be obvious why I picked this, yes?

I'm not very creative and I have a touch of immature humor for things that don't matter. Cptn Obv out!

During my formative college years, I made a drastic move to free myself from religion and leave the Christian Church as it had destroyed my self-esteem and left me guilt ridden as an adolescent.  I was filled with regret for the many opportunities I squandered feeling it was against the wishes of a "creator".  I was also uncomfortable passing judgement in the name of religion, and finally accepted that i needed to find a life philosophy that matched my views more closely. 

As a result, I studied about the different philosophies of Buddhism and Judaism after finding qualities I admired in both, but could not find a school of thought in an organized religion that matched my ideals on life, morality, freedom, and science.

In my search, I started looking into secular, philosophical ways of life, and came across Stoicism - a school of thought derived in Athens in 3rd Century BC and Championed by renowned Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius.

As taken from the Wiki - the basic tenets are as follows:  "The Stoics taught that destructive emotions resulted from errors in judgment, and that a sage, or person of "moral and intellectual perfection", would not suffer such emotions.  Stoicism teaches the development of self-control and fortitude as a means of overcoming destructive emotions; the philosophy holds that becoming a clear and unbiased thinker allows one to understand the universal reason (logos). A primary aspect of Stoicism involves improving the individual's ethical and moral well-being: "Virtue consists in a will that is in agreement with Nature."[6] This principle also applies to the realm of interpersonal relationships; "to be free from anger, envy, and jealousy,"[7] and to accept even slaves as "equals of other men, because all men alike are products of nature."

The philosophy focuses on living a moral and ethical life and to come to conclusions based on unbiased reasoning and knowledge.  I felt is was a very fitting life philosophy, and I seek every day to become worthy of being known as a Stoic, working endlessly to live a moral life and to attain knowledge so that I may become a Sage.

... hence "The Stoic".

During my formative college years, I made a drastic move to free myself from religion and leave the Christian Church as it had destroyed my self-esteem and left me guilt ridden as an adolescent. I was filled with regret for the many opportunities I squandered feeling it was against the wishes of a "creator". I was also uncomfortable passing judgement in the name of religion, and finally accepted that i needed to find a life philosophy that matched my views more closely.

As a result, I studied about the different philosophies of Buddhism and Judaism after finding qualities I admired in both, but could not find a school of thought in an organized religion that matched my ideals on life, morality, freedom, and science.

In my search, I started looking into secular, philosophical ways of life, and came across Stoicism - a school of thought derived in Athens in 3rd Century BC and Championed by renowned Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius.

As taken from the Wiki - the basic tenets are as follows: "The Stoics taught that destructive emotions resulted from errors in judgment, and that a sage, or person of "moral and intellectual perfection", would not suffer such emotions. Stoicism teaches the development of self-control and fortitude as a means of overcoming destructive emotions; the philosophy holds that becoming a clear and unbiased thinker allows one to understand the universal reason (logos). A primary aspect of Stoicism involves improving the individual's ethical and moral well-being: "Virtue consists in a will that is in agreement with Nature."[6] This principle also applies to the realm of interpersonal relationships; "to be free from anger, envy, and jealousy,"[7] and to accept even slaves as "equals of other men, because all men alike are products of nature."

The philosophy focuses on living a moral and ethical life and to come to conclusions based on unbiased reasoning and knowledge. I felt is was a very fitting life philosophy, and I seek every day to become worthy of being known as a Stoic, working endlessly to live a moral life and to attain knowledge so that I may become a Sage.

... hence "The Stoic".

This is really interesting stuff!