Sign in to follow this  
doombox

Favorite Music Videos of the Year?

I'm curious what everyone's favorite music videos were for 2014? I've been running a jrock video blog for a couple of years now and I figured I'd give a short list of the top 10 most popular from there, and everyone else could share their favorites too? Feel free to talk about the choices and posts too!

# 10. Silent Siren - “Lucky Girl” 

# 09. SuG - “B.A.B.Y.

# 08. kinoko teikoku - “CHRONOSTASIS

# 07. DADAROMA - “oboreru sakana

# 06. BIOSPHIA - “SUISEN

# 05. Lycaon - “Akujo no bishou”

# 04. coldrain - “You Lie”

# 03. MEJIBRAY - "RAVEN"

# 02. TOKYO SKA PARADISE ORCHESTRA - “Wake Up! feat. ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION”

# 01. Wagakki Band - “Senbonzakura”

The number one video pretty much smashed everything else we posted this year with over 400 reblogs. But Tokyo Ska was a really strong second with over 100+! But I think Wagakki Band is a good top to the list because the pv really was quite beautiful. (o_~)

THE NOVEMBERS - 今日も生きたね (kyou mo ikita ne)

As far as the general concept goes it's not really anything revolutionary, but there's something about its simplicity and overall execution that I just really like. Having the band members all walk onto the scene separately before meeting up and leaving together as one group is simple yet effective, and it really fits the overall feel of the song rather well in my opinion.

雨のパレード (ame no parade) - ペトリコール (Petrichor)

I'm a sucker for well-executed interpretive dance PVs in general, but this particular one takes the cake for having really good cinematography and scenery to boot.

I actually can't think of many others from this year that stood out to me. 2013 seemed to be full of them but 2014 has felt rather "meh" as far as PVs go in my opinion.

Its been awhile since i seen a video like this. I love when awesome club type songs have vids that place in clubs. Adds more to the song and overall feel. Also these girls are gorgeous and talented. Nice debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsjwG3FQna4

T-ARA just comes out with great vids. The end.

I love how wow this MV is. The CGI all the way to the dancing. Its just super cool. I always make time to watch this at least once or twice or week. 

*Akujo no Hohoemi

badass

great fanservice

love how she shits on america by remaining classy

swagg swaggg

雨のパレード (ame no parade) - ペトリコール (Petrichor)

I'm a sucker for well-executed interpretive dance PVs in general, but this particular one takes the cake for having really good cinematography and scenery to boot.

I love that song and pv. It was one that was more memorable for me this year too.

this is how you fucking play ripped a whole hole in japan, if only all the j-metal banded murderd like this.  the way they were playing in the mv was too fucking awesome. japan just died yo

Crystal Lake - Beloved (I think this song is too emotional for me lol)

MergingMoon - Baby One More Time (first appeareance Mergingmoon after comeback, cool I think!)

jizue - Shiori (very chilling~)

Hone Your Sense - Black Lotus (HYS first ever MV, Very Beast!)

THE ORAL CIGARETTES - 嫌い (Kirai kirai kirai kirai kirai kirai kirai stuck at my head LMFAO)

Crystal Lake - Beloved (I think this song is too emotional for me lol)

MergingMoon - Baby One More Time (first appeareance Mergingmoon after comeback, cool I think!)

jizue - Shiori (very chilling~)

Hone Your Sense - Black Lotus (HYS first ever MV, Very Beast!)

THE ORAL CIGARETTES - 嫌い (Kirai kirai kirai kirai kirai kirai kirai stuck at my head LMFAO)

Loved all of those tunes this year.
I think I liked Crystal Lakes video for "Ups & Downs" a little more than "Beloved" just on the cool cg factor. But "Beloved" as a song definitely, and Kenta~~~. lol. 
And that MergingMoon cover. Their new vocalist sounds nice. *~*

Awesome thread my friend. I'll have to check out all these PVs, I never seem to watch many at all... but, this one, god damn, I could watch it every single day of every single hour, minute and second.

WINNER FOREVER~

for darker

Last year I was into Korean Artists and my favs have been already mentioned here.
As  for vk, my favorite music videos of the year was the flowery 春の夜の、ひと雫 by Moran

The vocalist’s movements look a little bit awkward, but their efforts to create such beautiful animated frames must be appreciated.

Thanks fitear1590 for mentioning this one

This is the only pv I remember watching tbh

All thank fashlight kei! XD I can see why this would stick out in your memorie. That's a lot of blood. O_O (Decent song too!)

Last year I was into Korean Artists and my favs have been already mentioned here.

As  for vk, my favorite music videos of the year was the flowery 春の夜の、ひと雫 by Moran

The vocalist’s movements looks a little bit awkward, but their efforts to create such beautiful animated frames must be appreciated.

Thanks fitear1590 for mentioning this one

This was a really beautiful video, and sad too. And feel free to share your favorite Korean videos. A lot of us are big fans of Korean music here too.. 

Sign in to follow this