Trombe

MEGAMASSO new maxi single "MISS WAVES / VIPER" release

MEGAMASSO new maxi single "MISS WAVES / VIPER" will be released at 2015/03/11 (3 TYPE)

limited "Do U miss Me?" edition & "I know U miss Me" edition (1,944yen each) will include CD+DVD, and regular "ふたりはこいびと(futari wa koibito)" edition (1,620yen) will include CD only

btw they will hold their one-man live tour "MISS WAVES meets VIPER" since Okayama IMAGE at 2015/03/18 and up to Nagoya ell.SIZE at 2015/04/17 and tour final (TBA)

SET-LIST at 2014/12/16:

01.まんげつのよるにぬけだして。
02.The majority loves KILLSTAR
03.Loveless, more Loveless
04.肌色
05.ステイ with ミー
06.LIPS
07.水没寺院
08.TRAUM
09.M of Beauty
10.St.Lily
11.めのう
12.VIPER
13.ザワールドイズマイン
14.hello, X'mas
15.ニューロマンサー(神経系亜人性)

EN1
01.ブラインドイノセンス
02.パラディサヘイロー
03.ハピリーモッシュフロア、ヘッドバンギングソング
04.芋虫の主

EN2
01.涙猫

[CD track list]
01.MISS WAVES
02.VIPER(U need Me[GAMASSO]add4)
03.トラオム(TRAUM)(TRAUM acoustic remake) (included in limited "Do U miss Me?" edition)
03.由佐波利(yusahari)(鞦韆(shuusen) wafuu industrial remake) (included in limited "I know U miss Me" edition)
03.展覧会のネリオリ(tenrankai no neriori) (included in regular "ふたりはこいびと(futari wa koibito)" edition)

[limited "Do U miss Me?" edition DVD track list]
01.MISS WAVES (PV)
02.MISS WAVES (PV off-shot)

[limited "I know U miss Me" edition DVD track list]
01.VIPER(U need Me[GAMASSO]add4) (PV)
02.VIPER(U need Me[GAMASSO]add4) (PV off-shot)

I'm so excited, I want everything !

I'm really curious about VIPER, is this a new version or a total new song ? If it's a new version, I hope it'll top the original (but presenting this as a double A-side single, I'm not ok with this; where are their inspirations ??). Traum ? A new song or the Traum from Mega-star Tokyo bonus CD ?? dafuq? I'm a bit confused.

I CAN'T WAIIIIIIT !!! :wan-31:

I bet those are rerecordings, but I'm skeptical about this, because VK rerecordings are generally shitty and almost never better than the original, but since their version of Sumire September Love is better than the original, I'm also curious. I'm glad they'll make a PV for VIPER too. Looking forward to this. Megamasso always delivers.

edit: bigger version!

356629B7yMnxtCcAIK7nZ.jpg

I'm so done xDDD the fuck are they wearing, and that shit into their hair, it smells like Beautiful Girl (except it's for them all lmao).

inzarld is classy with this jacket tho. Ryoppe looks so boy-ish, strange sweater tho. Gou is still Gou. XD

I hope they'll have different outfits for both PVs.

they will hold Gou birthday one-man live "1+1=1" at Meguro Rock May Kan at 2015/03/01, 涼平(ryouhei) birthday one-man live "ぺこしのうまれたひ(pekoshi no umaretahi)" at Shibuya VUENOS at 2015/03/27 and インザーギ(inzargi) birthday one-man live at Ebisu club aim at 2015/10/17

is it halloween yet? xDD

I just don't know what these outfits are for. :'((

961274o0720096013224734087.jpg

btw, we still have no samples, no artworks, no ohp updated, peanuts. I'm pissed.

CRYING RN THIS IS TOO WONDERFUL FOR ME ToT can't wait to receive all my singles *_*

inzarld with his guitar again, I love that <3

Covers (thanks to Amazon):

Limited A:

445001LEA.jpg

Limited B:

582680LEB.jpg

Regular:

25047975RE.jpg

The new version of VIPER sounds good,but not better than the original. Miss Waves is cool too, but I was expecting something better... I have the impression I'll like it more when the full songs leak, tough.

is it halloween yet? xDD

I just don't know what these outfits are for. :'((

961274o0720096013224734087.jpg

http://news.dwango.jp/?itemid=17667

I don't understand japanese and I cannot trust the online translator that much, but seems that they were doing some sort of modelling. shit just got real xDD

20150302-img_0867.jpg

I was checking all days (because it's all I've been waiting for) and I have been rewarded : samples of 45 seconds are up on amazon.co.jp (it's the verse part for both title songs).

:glitter:

TYPE A, TYPE B and TYPE C.

VIPER is brootal as fuck and will be totally AWESOME <3

And I confirm for the remakes :

The TYPE A 3rd track is TRAUM (from the Mega-Star Tokyo bonus CD).

The TYPE B 3rd track is 鞦韆 (4th track from Yukishita Tarihoshi).

The TYPE C 3rd track is 展覧会のネリオリ (6th track from Yukishita Tarihoshi).

I'm sure it'll be an amazing reworked remakes, but my inner self is a bit disappointed that there is no more new songs.

I hope I'll receive my copies quickly, so I could listen to it on repeat all days lmao. Ofc i'll share these beauties with you, megamasso shouldn't stay in the dark, they're too good for that tbh.

Enjoy these samples! :)

Signed by: your humble and beloved MH-egamasso servant, at your service. xD

I was checking all days (because it's all I've been waiting for) and I have been rewarded : samples of 45 seconds are up on amazon.co.jp (it's the verse part for both title songs).

:glitter:

TYPE A, TYPE B and TYPE C.

VIPER is brootal as fuck and will be totally AWESOME <3

And I confirm for the remakes :

The TYPE A 3rd track is TRAUM (from the Mega-Star Tokyo bonus CD).

The TYPE B 3rd track is 鞦韆 (4th track from Yukishita Tarihoshi).

The TYPE C 3rd track is 展覧会のネリオリ (6th track from Yukishita Tarihoshi).

I'm sure it'll be an amazing reworked remakes, but my inner self is a bit disappointed that there is no more new songs.

I hope I'll receive my copies quickly, so I could listen to it on repeat all days lmao. Ofc i'll share these beauties with you, megamasso shouldn't stay in the dark, they're too good for that tbh.

Enjoy these samples! :)

Signed by: your humble and beloved MH-egamasso servant, at your service. xD

I gotta admit MISS WAVES doesn't sound too impressive to me, but all of these remakes sound sooooooooooo exciting to me! You already know I loved their older music and Yukishita Tarihosi is an all-time favorite of mine. Thank you for the news!

I gotta admit MISS WAVES doesn't sound too impressive to me, but all of these remakes sound sooooooooooo exciting to me! You already know I loved their older music and Yukishita Tarihosi is an all-time favorite of mine. Thank you for the news!

yea I feel the same for MW, but mostly for the instrumental. The chorus sounds very fine to me, but it's the after chorus, sounds like we're at the beach (the theme, so), it's not the first time but, it's still a bit weird. Who knows, maybe the full song will be a surprise and wlll sound better to the ears.

yeaaa I was thinking about you :-DDD I prefer to hear remakes than instrumentals on their singles tbh (like they did on their past singles releases).

So guys, what do y'all think about MW/V ?

I don't wanna open an official review thread, because I'm not a reviewer, and I'm already shitty with english, no need to say that I'm incapable to write a long wall of text for my thoughts. xD So I'm just gonna leave this here.

Well, it's a good single overall but not as good in consistency than blind innocence imo (blind innocence is the kind of release that I would like to advice to someone who wants to discover megamasso).

MISS WAVES is ok. I love the verse, the bridge but hate the sudden breakage between the bridge and the chorus. it's too brutal. The song is saved by the voice essentially. VIPER is da shit. The rebuilt job was well done here. I really love the synths in the background! The synths was already well used in St.Void and now they use it again, and I really like it. They should continue this way (but only in discret touches, all its power is there. I don't want megamasso to be flooded by electronics). I'm just a bit worried for the future lives. They really need to add another guitarist. I don't know if it's stubborness or what, but only one guitar on stage is not enough. I think (if my ears are good) that Ryohei is helped with a soundtrack behind...he can't do everything I conceive, but the result is, it's flat. Bring back another Leo dammit! it's their only default.

About the B-sides remakes, well, they're good! I love how they rebuilt the songs (mostly for one of them). TRAUM is amazing, thanks to INZARGI and his heavenly voice, he went pretty high on this one! He's such a good singer, he never ceases to amaze me. The most interesting (imo) is 由佐波利 (鞦韆). I love how they reworked this song, and the add of those tom-tom are a real betterment. It's the highlight of those remakes tbh, it's a success! 展覧会のネリ・オリ is a more "common" remake song like TRAUM (they add some stuff this and that, but it's very close to the original), but the vocals are slightly different, it's another approach and that's good.

Seems that they want to rework their old songs, if it's as good and with a real work than those (and especially 鞦韆), then I'm fine with it. bring it on!

If you are curious to see both PV's, it's uploading right now, but it's heavy as fuck (especially the makings, 700-800MB.. xD) so, be patient :).

Prefer MISS WAVES over VIPER - the lyrics are rad (in that weirdly surreal way that only Ryohei can do) and the rapid key changes hit me in just the right way. I really want to see the PV. 

I've had "Miss Waves misses me..!" in my head for the past few days.

I'm waiting for the PVs. Something like Youtube would be just fine, but thanks for sharing anyway.

As for the single, I'm sorry, but I hated it. Simply because the original versions of the songs are way better than the remakes and I'm sad to see that if I ever go to one of their gigs I'll have to listen to the new versions instead of the originals which are much better and I'm more fond of. It's the same reason for why I hate DIR EN GREY for ruining the classics. One should never fuck with the classics. It's a matter of taste, yes, but VIPER sounded much better in the preview and the fact that I hated something that Ryoppi did breaks my heart, because I he's my fave musician ever and I do think he's an amazing musician, since he composed many of my all time fave tracks and he's actually a really skilled musician kn therms of making good new versions too. Take for example all those participations in those anime VAs. He made some awful anime songs into amazing music, but fucked up his own compositions with this CD. I just wish it never existed and hope they don't ever remake any MEGAMASSO songs again.